You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SteelClaw

So clan/team battles.

8 comments in this topic

Members
799 posts

There are four main leagues in the Clan Rating system:

Squall, Gale, Storm, and the top league, Typhoon

Each league consists of three groups. To advance through the leagues, a clan needs to fight in Clan Battles. Your Clan increases its rating after each victory and loses it after each defeat. After the Clan earns specific rating amounts, it moves to the next group, so, step by step, the Clan advances to the top league and desired podium.

You need tier X ships to participate in Clan Battles. These are the most powerful representatives of their respective branches, and have some of the best characteristics. All tier X ships of the same class balance well while keeping some unique strengths and weaknesses to find an interesting niche in every team composition. 

So team battles pretty much failed do to low amount of players who stayed playing them. People could not compete and just gave up and others just could not make the times team battles were active during the evening. So WG decided to discontinue team battles. What i do not get is WG has now decided to make clan battles in the same format with the addition of leagues. All they did was change the tier for the most part and make it for clans only.  If the things that made team battles fail were not addressed what makes players/WG think clan battles will be any better. I am not sure we even have enough competitive clan for this to work and once some clans get frustrated by not advancing and quit playing it could turn into team battles all over again. I was really hoping for a format more like WoT where teams could take/defend territory on a map. Even clans that were not great could have fun where this is going to be done on limited maps and for a rating which did not work at all well for team battles. I may be just venting, but i really was hoping for something different and creative. Also with no CV and a limit on BB things could be even worse.

Edited by SteelClaw
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,580 battles

We’ve known about this info for a while now. I don’t like the setup either, but at this point it shouldn’t be a shocker since the info has been out for a good while.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,491 battles

Actually the 'discontinued' team battles with the intent of tweaking it for use as clan battles.  Sub_Octavian said that on Reddit(?) when explaining why team battles wasn't coming back anytime soon.

[_AFW_]
Members
984 posts
7,021 battles
1 minute ago, kerensky914 said:

Actually the 'discontinued' team battles with the intent of tweaking it for use as clan battles.  Sub_Octavian said that on Reddit(?) when explaining why team battles wasn't coming back anytime soon.

Team battles has been over for a long time and was never brought back. You could not get games due to the low turnout of players. There was a post by a dev ( i forget which one ) a while back that said they thought team battle was not popular enough to have it another season. So i guess different devs had different reason. Anyways team battles was a failure and i think the OP has a point. 

[NMKJT]
Members
2,733 posts

IIRC the first iteration of CB was to take and defend territory on a map. They floated this idea and the user base was vehemently opposed. In RU I believe. 

So this is iteration two.

I gotta say, holding territory takes a huge time commitment. Not sure I will ever tie my life to a game like that again

[NMKJT]
Members
2,733 posts

I would like to see something like skirmishes in Tanks. Make 7v7 battles, mid tier and high tier, give a map a let them go at it. Winner gets some oil.

That would be fun

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
657 posts
7,993 battles

I'm going to do a wait and see.  At this point it looks like the new Clan Battles is going to be somewhat like Team Battles Redux.  It won't take long to flesh out.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
657 posts
7,993 battles
1 minute ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

I would like to see something like skirmishes in Tanks. Make 7v7 battles, mid tier and high tier, give a map a let them go at it. Winner gets some oil.

That would be fun

I was hoping for something along a similar vein myself.  Win, hold, and defend territories.