You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

After trial, will you buy a Scharnhorst?

83 comments in this topic

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles

Just played a game with 8 Sharns in it. They all were on the bottom half of the leaderboards on both sides...Get your strongest tier 7/8 out right now cause the seal clubbing is real. Just had an 8 kill Mogami game feasting on rent-a-sharns.

[-K-]
Members
5,270 posts
9,104 battles
26 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Just played a game with 8 Sharns in it. They all were on the bottom half of the leaderboards on both sides...Get your strongest tier 7/8 out right now cause the seal clubbing is real. Just had an 8 kill Mogami game feasting on rent-a-sharns.

Yep, they were out in force yesterday too.  They didn't fare too well in the T9 matches I saw them in.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,729 posts
4,737 battles

Scharnhorst is still one of my favorites even after all this time.  She's been overshadowed a bit with the Tirpitz secondary buff but still much fun.  I tend to do things in the Scharnhorst that I would never think to do in other BB's, but she can make it work. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,870 posts
5,255 battles

I bought her when she first came out, because she is amazing.

She was everything I've ever wanted in a cruiser!  :Smile_coin:

• Cool 5

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

I have enough premiums for credit grinding and have no real use for it for captain training, but I might still buy it if I get the rental and really enjoy it.  I'm one of the few that hasn't been given a rental yet though :Smile_sad:.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,447 posts
11,755 battles

Shiny Horse with Bizmark 2ndary build captain is a ton of fun.

[ARGSY]
5,178 posts
18,904 battles

Na will not buy.

I have one since day one she came out.

Members
123 posts
1,085 battles

I don't know it feels so op and I always delete cruisers with it and everytime I give enemy BBs some fish they break down and cry for some reason and it dodges so many torpedoes and makes DDs feel helpless. MUHAHAHA!

Beta Testers
1,158 posts
5,295 battles

I already own one and it is my second most played ship, only losing out to the Hindenburg.  I enjoy it because is a BB that plays like a CA and it was the ship that introduced me to the KM BB line (which is my third most played ship, the Bismarck).

Edited by Bril01

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,101 posts
12,663 battles
38 minutes ago, Spyde said:

Haven't got a free Trial ship yet!

Boo

Same. Feeling kinda left out.

[RKLES]
Members
7,204 posts
8,976 battles

I think when I am able to actually connect to the server again and try my Sharnhorst I will have to consider getting one.

Of course to make up my mind I would likely need a trial of more than 3 days since I will need to see how well Sharnhorst takes Captains up to level 19 and may need to test this with several Captains up to level 19 to make certain of its performance.

Hmm how does a 3 year trial sound, and then  I can make up my mind?:Smile_teethhappy:

She does look like a nice ship, and I know I could do well on her.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
5,178 posts
18,904 battles
22 minutes ago, Rebel_Mike2094 said:

I don't know it feels so op and I always delete cruisers with it and everytime I give enemy BBs some fish they break down and cry for some reason and it dodges so many torpedoes and makes DDs feel helpless. MUHAHAHA!

One battle today gave me a sad reminder that my words from yesterday are wrong. I wrote that she is a bit more foolproof premium. Had three fools today in my team proofing me that I was wrong. They sailed in formation at the border of the map, taking care that they are hitten behind islands while we cruisers died capping. 

Members
123 posts
1,085 battles
3 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

One battle today gave me a sad reminder that my words from yesterday are wrong. I wrote that she is a bit more foolproof premium. Had three fools today in my team proofing me that O was wrong. They sailed in formation at the border of the map, taking care that they are hitten behind islands while we cruisers died capping. 

Yep, if you believe something to be foolproof the fool will find a way to screw up.

[O_O]
Members
4,408 posts
9,548 battles

Hehe, she is a great ship.

I kinda felt sorry for 3 of them that ended up in a game with T9's, however.  I discovered that Roon can eat Scharnhorsts like M&M's, and they couldn't get reliable hits on me in return.  It was messy.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,336 posts
3,946 battles

I personally own a Shiny Horse, but I believe that a trial run is good for sales.

Shiny Horse is a good ship for yolo brawls :Smile_teethhappy:.

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts

Guns feel sub-par. Some of the 8" cruisers feel better in terms of raw AP performance. HE is clearly inferior to RN BBs.

To me, Scharnhorst has many of the same flaws Graf Spee did. lacks the alpha to compete with BBs, lacks the DPM to compete with cruisers.

The speed is nice, but it's not so good that it covers her flaws.

Armour is also nice, but it can't really compete with RN super heals, especially Nelson's.

I can't really see any reason to take Scharnhorst over the others at her tier, be it Belfast for a more cruiser focused ship, or Nelson for BB focus.

• Cool 1

[NZS]
370 posts
9,055 battles

Ooooooh, more this explains the Sharnhorst spam. :P

Yes, it is a fantastic ship and I bought it on its second available sale.  Haven't looked back!