Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AVR_Project

MM is not letting me abort.

8 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

We've all been there.  You set up your boat..  Hit BATTLE...

OH WAIT  !!!   I wanted to go Scenario, not Random !!!!    Hit CANCEL.......  waiting...  waiting.... waiting....  waiting (30 seconds).. waiting ....   -- Random Battle anyway.

It happened again last night.  Cleveland was set up for max AA for the scenario.  Went Random instead..   Grumbled, kicked the desk.  pounded my fist .   BEST GAME I'VE HAD IN RECENT DAYS..  I was screwed -- no Hydro in a 5 DD/side battle, no CV.  I thought I wouldn't last 4 minutes.  Turns out I survived the whole 20 minutes to win on points.

Seems my being ill equipped held me back enough to avoid being wiped out with the rest of my team.  Barely squeeked out a win...  but it was one hell of a battle to the end.

But anyway...   about the non-functional 'CANCEL' button at the bottom of the screen....

Could we look into this please?

Edit -- ADD..

And can we have a way to reset the port music back to original?   Pleeeeeeeeeeeze ????  Promise I'll buy another premium ship.

Edited by AVR_Project

[-K-]
Members
5,261 posts
9,104 battles

Happened to me this morning as well, but I don't think it happens enough to be a big issue (for me, at least).

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,132 battles

It's worked for me, though I haven't used it recently. Usually it's the OH crap, I forgot upgrades, mash cancel as game loads, too late. But if I hit it in time, it has always worked. Are you sure the match hadn't been created just as you hit it?

Also, that's not MM, that's something else. Believe it or not, MM is not the source of all WOWS problems.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles
37 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

It's worked for me, though I haven't used it recently. Usually it's the OH crap, I forgot upgrades, mash cancel as game loads, too late. But if I hit it in time, it has always worked. Are you sure the match hadn't been created just as you hit it?

Also, that's not MM, that's something else. Believe it or not, MM is not the source of all WOWS problems.

I'd say 60% of the time, it works.  It's also a great way to reset the port music.

I'm thinking of the programming considerations..  They don't yet have a balanced 24 for a battle, but they need ALL the cruisers -- so this guy doesn't get to abort.

It's like they are waiting for one more DD to join then - bam - battle is on.  Once they stick a slot - it's set.  35 seconds up..  grab a DD where a cruiser should go.

But somehow, I have it backwards.  Wipe-outs usually happen when the population is above 10K, not starving.

AND -- important -- The spinning symbol border thing happens a few seconds after I hit the cancel.

Edited by AVR_Project

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles

You can also hit esc on your keyboard it's quicker than the button (which you have to click with your mouse). If it can use you right away, the mm sets you into the lineup it still may take some time to load and it won't let you back out at that point. It's not broken or a bug, I don't think, it's just that fast sometimes.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,538 posts
7,540 battles
46 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I'd say 60% of the time, it works.  It's also a great way to reset the port music.

I'm thinking of the programming considerations..  They don't yet have a balanced 24 for a battle, but they need ALL the cruisers -- so this guy doesn't get to abort.

It's like they are waiting for one more DD to join then - bam - battle is on.  Once they stick a slot - it's set.  35 seconds up..  grab a DD where a cruiser should go.

But somehow, I have it backwards.  Wipe-outs usually happen when the population is above 10K, not starving.

AND -- important -- The spinning symbol border thing happens a few seconds after I hit the cancel.

I've seen this for awhile now.. It also happens in Planes, so I think it just might be part of WGs MM code.. A little frustrating if you need to jump out of que to go AFK...

"Honey, I can't help you right now! Game won't let me out of this battle"

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles

I wish that there was something like a 5 second period between the time you hit the Battle button and the time you get dumped into MM.  This  grace period would allow you to back out for those times when you realized that you forgot an upgrade or flags, or maybe you meant to go into coop rather than random, or whatever.  This grace period should NOT show you what's sitting in the queue, because it should NOT be allowed to be a way for you to see if you like what's waiting in the queue for you.  It should only be a way for you to choose to back out of entering the MM queue.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles
8 hours ago, Crucis said:

I wish that there was something like a 5 second period between the time you hit the Battle button and the time you get dumped into MM.  This  grace period would allow you to back out for those times when you realized that you forgot an upgrade or flags, or maybe you meant to go into coop rather than random, or whatever.  This grace period should NOT show you what's sitting in the queue, because it should NOT be allowed to be a way for you to see if you like what's waiting in the queue for you.  It should only be a way for you to choose to back out of entering the MM queue.

Actually we do that all the time.

Hit battle..  Oh WOW!  23 CVs in queue..  Back out - swap hydro for AA ..  Back in.

Sign in to follow this