Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WhiteRecon

WoBBs

38 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
918 posts
9,438 battles
1 minute ago, Carl_the_Cuttlefish said:

tiers VIII-X

I was in battle with you yesterday- played enough for more than three containers yesterday with only 1 CV the whole time.  Nothing stands out, but all battles are a little BB heavy - especially weekends.  Would be nice to have battle groups that mimic reality a bit: CV, 3 BB, 4CX, 4DD +/-.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[PAT]
Members
1,641 posts
3,448 battles
16 minutes ago, Carl_the_Cuttlefish said:

tiers VIII-X

I play those tiers almost exclusively, never seen anything like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
918 posts
9,438 battles
5 minutes ago, megadeux said:

I play those tiers almost exclusively, never seen anything like that.

You play DD?  Try a cruiser and check it out.  I'm not triggered, just the heavy BB meta is weak sauce - most contributers have noticed.  Maybe you play unique hours.  I'm not helping, I have 3 T-X BBs and use them plenty.  GK really has to adjust aggressiveness against a CV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[PAT]
Members
1,641 posts
3,448 battles
1 minute ago, WhiteRecon said:

You play DD?  Try a cruiser and check it out.  I'm not triggered, just the heavy BB meta is weak sauce - most contributers have noticed.  Maybe you play unique hours.  I'm not helping, I have 3 T-X BBs and use them plenty.  GK really has to adjust aggressiveness against a CV. 

I play all classes and mostly on Mondays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
918 posts
9,438 battles
1 minute ago, megadeux said:

I play all classes and mostly on Mondays.

Friday night to Sunday night are a different world.  I will queue up random T-10 right now and report the make up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[PAT]
Members
1,641 posts
3,448 battles

Hold on a second, does that mean that there are hundreds of unexploited weekend warriors in BBs on weekdays, and there's not a horde of CV and DD players farming damage off of them? Where are all the opportunists?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
918 posts
9,438 battles
14 minutes ago, WhiteRecon said:

Friday night to Sunday night are a different world.  I will queue up random T-10 right now and report the make up. 

1 CV, 4BB, 4Cx, 3 DD.  I'm in Montana, almost perfect make up, lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
688 posts
2,905 battles
34 minutes ago, megadeux said:

Hold on a second, does that mean that there are hundreds of unexploited weekend warriors in BBs on weekdays, and there's not a horde of CV and DD players farming damage off of them? Where are all the opportunists?

Look at homebobs graph on the other page. It's clear that BBs are the most played class. IDK why your not seeing them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
688 posts
2,905 battles
1 hour ago, WhiteRecon said:

I was in battle with you yesterday- played enough for more than three containers yesterday with only 1 CV the whole time.  Nothing stands out, but all battles are a little BB heavy - especially weekends.  Would be nice to have battle groups that mimic reality a bit: CV, 3 BB, 4CX, 4DD +/-.  

Agreed, WG should really start looking at trying to achieve a battle group like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,925 posts
1,365 battles

People play BBs cuz they live longer.  People come to play games to shoot stuff, BBs allow them to shoot stuff, and give them higher chances of winning an putting up big numbers.  BBs are alot easier to play due to their increased durability.  The fix to the BB population is increase survivability and overall durability of the other ship classes. 

Not saying make Cruisers Battleships, but toughen them up a little, surely.  If people stopped being insta deleted while in cruisers and could have fun games without needing a college degree in military tactics in order to do well with one, you would see less BBs overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,269 posts
10 hours ago, Carl_the_Cuttlefish said:

Oh my god I hate 10 BB matches SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Every match is a 10 BB match now. 1 in 5 has less than 10 BBs at the higher tiers, and it totally screws cruisers. 

 

To me the obvious fix is make CVs better and trim down AA on BBs. That should help keep the population under control a bit. Unlike arty in WOT, CVs make the game better, not worse. 

 

The other option would be to cap BBs at a max of 4 per side, but that will induce whining to high heaven. 

And this is why I don't play that tier.  Add in the fact few BB players know how to push anymore at this tier, makes for a boring game.  Yes, I've heard all the excuses about why, but in reality when they push, it becomes an easy win, seen it happen and done it.  But you get two sides who don't want to push, and then wonder why the tier is boring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
918 posts
9,438 battles
On 10/22/2017 at 8:21 PM, Wowzery said:

And this is why I don't play that tier.  Add in the fact few BB players know how to push anymore at this tier, makes for a boring game.  Yes, I've heard all the excuses about why, but in reality when they push, it becomes an easy win, seen it happen and done it.  But you get two sides who don't want to push, and then wonder why the tier is boring.

To each his own, I prefer high tier for sure.  Tried some T7 last night and it was just silly.  <-- btw, 56 BBs in queue last night vs single digit CA/DD, lol.

Edited by WhiteRecon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,269 posts
8 hours ago, WhiteRecon said:

To each his own, I prefer high tier for sure.  Tried some T7 last night and it was just silly.  <-- btw, 56 BBs in queue last night vs single digit CA/DD, lol.

With two premium T5 BBs released, not surprised.  Each to his own, I just like a tier where players actually pushes to engage and not sit back and snipe all game long in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×