You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Uhhh....the heck is this?

34 comments in this topic

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,794 posts
4,023 battles

Blue green Algae 

This happens a lot with lakes that have industrial hog farms situated around it. 

They take the pig crap and liquify it, then spray it on their crops which runs down into the lake and creates this. 

Img0336-1_01.jpg

"When pig excrement is washed into the waterway, the large amount of nitrates and phosphors that it contains are also washed into the water. These two nutrients don’t only help corn grow, but once they find their way into the water, they fertilize the aquatic plants and organisms like blue-green algae, resulting in huge blooms of algae that resemble massive, green and blue oil slicks that cover many square kilometres of water. As spring progresses and the lake or stream water starts warming up, this, along with the farm nutrients, causes these toxic algae explosions across La Belle Province."

Beta Testers
619 posts
7,520 battles
11 hours ago, Jnobsir said:

7DoWhBd.jpg

That can't be good.  While pretty I bet that stepping into it or fishing from it are not recommended.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Members
623 posts
8,642 battles
13 hours ago, Reymu said:

BozAfEb.jpg

Looks like you've entered the waters of Spring Break Cove

[NNC]
Members
2,086 posts
9,000 battles
13 hours ago, Reymu said:

BozAfEb.jpg

What map was this? I saw the same thing in my boat... not sure what ship thou was probably edingburgh/neptune/mino/montana/ NO/ balti

[LEGIT]
Members
1,540 posts
23,473 battles
16 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Am I the only one who was a bit disappointed that Operation Killer Whale didn't have any actual whales in it?

No!

I'd love to see some dolphins, whales, a few sea gulls, maybe a Squatchy or two peeking around the trees, etc.

[SYN]
Members
15,044 posts
11,530 battles

if you free cam around that map, you will note the vast swaths of green water when viewed down from a high altitude.

[WOLF2]
Members
398 posts
6,513 battles
6 hours ago, Siegewolf said:

That can't be good.  While pretty I bet that stepping into it or fishing from it are not recommended.

That's Chicago I believe and it's colored on purpose for St Patricks day.

I would hope they're not making there own river toxic.