Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

My First and possibly last Kraken in a Mino

9 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
2,492 posts
15,062 battles

The stars were finally in alignment. Hot spot standard map.

1. The ships with radar (Mo and Baltimore) ended up dying early..and I got the kills

2. They dd's were on the west side of the map and I was on the east side

3. I got greedy on the Kurfurst. I should had vamosed when the smoke screen cleared, but he was only 5k HP left and I was 1 ship away from a kraken. Red tm was down to 2 ships and we had 6, so we were ahead. Mutual destruction. Not sure if the circumstance will be favorable again with the smoke nerf.

shot-17_10.12_22_04.32-0589.thumb.jpg.98e6347b9d0d63227a9bb062c588b494.jpgshot-17_10.12_22_04.47-0176.thumb.jpg.b12673565f5277c256b7698065c303f5.jpgshot-17_10.12_22_05.15-0245.thumb.jpg.0bca9fabca6b202078b2f99c51cafa16.jpg

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Congrats OP, nice game! :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,048 posts
10,519 battles

I am on the verge of switching over to radar instead of smoke without the smoke/gunfire nerf.  BB's in the hands of even average players are able to citadel a Minotaur/Neptune in smoke by watching the shell trails.  It may be time to play it more like a Baltimore/Des Moines and become a cap clearer and ambush expert.  It's pretty difficult to be an influencer in a ship that has so many counters to it's smoke. 

Members
884 posts
9,117 battles
39 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

I am on the verge of switching over to radar instead of smoke without the smoke/gunfire nerf.  BB's in the hands of even average players are able to citadel a Minotaur/Neptune in smoke by watching the shell trails.  It may be time to play it more like a Baltimore/Des Moines and become a cap clearer and ambush expert.  It's pretty difficult to be an influencer in a ship that has so many counters to it's smoke. 

Are you moving around in the smoke the whole time?  I take some hits in smoke, but don't usually have the delete button pushed on me. 

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,048 posts
10,519 battles
1 hour ago, WhiteRecon said:

Are you moving around in the smoke the whole time?  I take some hits in smoke, but don't usually have the delete button pushed on me. 

Certainly, but all it takes is a single 18" shell to take a huge chunk of health.

Members
884 posts
9,117 battles

GL, I haven't made radar work yet.  You know all this: Of course I fire full salvos and don't string fire in smoke.  I take breaks if I start taking too much heat too.  Feel your pain, RN life...

[TOG]
Members
2,492 posts
15,062 battles
7 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

The WoW dev goal is 50.1% W/R. They're designing it as a binary solution. The issues with the Mino vs Des Moines as the role of CQB combatant as this:

1. Damage over time vs Alpha strike.  The mino is the epitone of DoT. It will kill a dd but you need to aim for about 10-15 seconds to kill one in the T8-T10 tiers. A Des Moines can delete 1 in an instant. The only alpha strike capability a Mino has are torpedoes.  

2. Survivability -  A Des Moines is better suited for open CQB than a Mino.

Otherwise the playstyle is the same.

Sign in to follow this