You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

"Yamamoto Isoroku" Collection

24 comments in this topic

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

None of the three daily containers dropped any collections items today, but I was getting 1 drop per container in the previous days.  What's the deal with the drop chance for collection items?  I checked the collecting toggle in the collection, and it says "Collecting"...

• Cool 1

[RST]
Members
333 posts
6,895 battles

I noticed as well, seems to be dropping fewer items.

I don't have records or data, but seems like I was getting items previously at around 2 out of 3 containers.  Now I'm thinking it is more like 1 out of 3.

Edited by groomsiebelle

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,908 battles

Absolut random. Can be 3/3, can be 0/3.

• Cool 1

[OGF]
Members
456 posts
18,865 battles

It's bad enough we don't get separate containers for the collections like we used to.  I tried to point out to WG that many of us were able to use these to catch up a little bit for the days when we weren't able to get that third container.  Yes, I dare say there are still quite a few of us that are still trying to get the 1,000 container achievement.  So making this crap about, "Aw, gee, you might get a collection item; you might get doodly-squat" absolutely sucks.  But then on top of that, to knowingly throw duplicates at us, seriously calls into question the ancestry of the game developers.  Yes, knowingly!  The game 'knows' what collection items we already have; that's how it's able to display all the correct items every time we go to the 'Collections' screen.  The game 'knows' it's giving you a duplicate the same instant it gives it to you, ready-stamped with "DUPLICATE" superimposed.  We're told, "Yeah, it's random that way."  Bull.  Five of the exact same duplicate in a row?  Please.  That's what I got a couple of collection-events ago.  Tell me that wasn't deliberate.  Then, take your bankroll to Vegas and let it all ride on the same roulette number five times.  Those odds make the toughest lottery out there look like a slam-dunk.  Any programmer with both a brain AND a sense of Ethics could just as easily make it a random selection from all of our as-yet-unattained items.  That's what it should be.  What the hell is this, "Let's Make A Deal" with Monty Hall throwing ZONK after ZONK at us?  Don't we PAYING CUSTOMERS deserve better than this?

• Cool 1

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
82 posts
6,206 battles
28 minutes ago, Wingslinger said:

But then on top of that, to knowingly throw duplicates at us, seriously calls into question the ancestry of the game developers.  Yes, knowingly!  The game 'knows' what collection items we already have; that's how it's able to display all the correct items every time we go to the 'Collections' screen.  The game 'knows' it's giving you a duplicate the same instant it gives it to you, ready-stamped with "DUPLICATE" superimposed.  We're told, "Yeah, it's random that way."  Bull.  Five of the exact same duplicate in a row?  Please.  That's what I got a couple of collection-events ago.  Tell me that wasn't deliberate.  Then, take your bankroll to Vegas and let it all ride on the same roulette number five times.  Those odds make the toughest lottery out there look like a slam-dunk.  Any programmer with both a brain AND a sense of Ethics could just as easily make it a random selection from all of our as-yet-unattained items.  That's what it should be.  What the hell is this, "Let's Make A Deal" with Monty Hall throwing ZONK after ZONK at us?  Don't we PAYING CUSTOMERS deserve better than this?

There is a reason for this. It's to prevent people from blowing through the collection too quickly. And you can trade in 5 duplicates for a new item, so you don't need to act like the sky is falling because you get a few of the same one.

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles
4 hours ago, PrinzAlbatross said:

There is a reason for this. It's to prevent people from blowing through the collection too quickly. And you can trade in 5 duplicates for a new item, so you don't need to act like the sky is falling because you get a few of the same one.

Also, afaik, there is not time limit... so there is no issue really

4 hours ago, PrinzAlbatross said:

Don't we PAYING CUSTOMERS deserve better than this?

No you don't

This game should not be a P2W, or a pay to achieve !

[SW]
[SW]
Members
131 posts
17,010 battles

I do not remember reading that they would drop periodically, more like "You can access the Collection after completing the Campaign to earn Yamamoto. Collection items will come in daily Containers along with other in-game items."  There is no mention that says you will get them every so often....or like today, none and only one yesterday.  

Yes I know it is on going and not going away, just wish they'd say want they mean or do.  Maybe it is something from the translation. :)

[SYN]
Members
14,455 posts
10,459 battles

You can unlock the collection by either buying the Yamamoto boxes or by completing the Yamamoto campaign.

You get to start the collection early, if you buy the boxes. The cheapest box was $3.

You will randomly get one or none collection from your regular daily containers, after you have unlocked the collection.

Edited by MrDeaf

[SW]
[SW]
Members
131 posts
17,010 battles

Yes, I opened the collection by buying a crate cause a friend was having issues.  After opening the crate the collection then was opened.  That is all good.

What I think needs to be clarified a lot of the time is their verbiage.  Show me in my quote where it says random or one or no collection item. I understand it aint a big deal, I read english better than I talk or write it, but i did not read it the way they are dropping them.  I just needed to vent today.  hehe

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,106 posts
14,503 battles

I completed it already but it's not a guarantee to get collection drops.  Just be patient.  The campaign is always going to be there and it's not a limited time deal.  Also, once you complete the collection, you stop getting these drops.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
177 posts
7,821 battles

I had been saving 130 containers to open once I finished the campaign and unlocked the collection. But WG was smarter than me: the old containers do not have any Yamamoto collection items... So I'll have to be patient.

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,148 battles
On 10/14/2017 at 0:57 AM, Wingslinger said:

Blah blah blah wargaming is somehow rigging the RNG. 

All I saw from your post was a massive tin hat theory piece that accused wargaming of INTENTIONALLY singling YOU out, and making sure YOU got 5 repeats. If the statement that is made implys or outright says that someone in power is intentionally singling out some random nobody in a crowd just to screw with them, that statement is almost certantly false according to occam's razor. 

[OGF]
Members
456 posts
18,865 battles
On 10/17/2017 at 9:20 PM, Raptor_alcor said:

All I saw from your post was a massive tin hat theory piece that accused wargaming of INTENTIONALLY singling YOU out, and making sure YOU got 5 repeats. If the statement that is made implys or outright says that someone in power is intentionally singling out some random nobody in a crowd just to screw with them, that statement is almost certantly false according to occam's razor. 

First, not sure how you got that 'Blah blah blah' quote falsely attributed to me, but I don't appreciate it

Second, never claimed to be "intentionally singled out" about anything.  I merely pointed out factual details and made some valid observations.  Unfortunate you feel the need to run to the "tin hat" epithet when you don't happen to agree with another person's point of view.

Finally, in spite of you referring to me as a tin-hatter and a "random nobody" I will not stoop to returning your salt.

[OGF]
Members
456 posts
18,865 battles
On 10/14/2017 at 0:28 AM, PrinzAlbatross said:

"Too quickly"?  You mean, like, at the rate we're actually EARNING the collection?

Members
569 posts
12,978 battles
On 10/22/2017 at 0:40 PM, Wingslinger said:

"Too quickly"?  You mean, like, at the rate we're actually EARNING the collection?

Do you have to play Japanese ships in order to earn the collection items?   Or achieve certain goals in playing, in order to earn them?

I find it very hard to believe that Wargaming would make this just totally randomized rewards.   That seems illogical to me.   Can anyone provide a citation to that effect?   A quote from Wargaming, saying that getting the collection items is indeed random?

Edited by Lance53

[-I-]
Members
1,719 posts
10,468 battles
7 minutes ago, Lance53 said:

Do you have to play Japanese ships in order to earn the collection items?   Or achieve certain goals in playing, in order to earn them?

I find it very hard to believe that Wargaming would make this just totally randomized rewards.   That seems illogical to me.   Can anyone provide a citation to that effect?   A quote from Wargaming, saying that getting the collection items is indeed random?

No, you don't have to play IJN ships or achieve certain goals. They drop randomly with your crates.

And yes, drop chances are random. That's much less illogical than expecting WG to comment on every tiny thing. Have you found a quote from WG stating that they aren't random drops? Oh, you haven't? Why not? I guess they are random then, since WG didn't specifically state they aren't, right?

Members
569 posts
12,978 battles
11 hours ago, dngrcnnn said:

No, you don't have to play IJN ships or achieve certain goals. They drop randomly with your crates.

And yes, drop chances are random. That's much less illogical than expecting WG to comment on every tiny thing. Have you found a quote from WG stating that they aren't random drops? Oh, you haven't? Why not? I guess they are random then, since WG didn't specifically state they aren't, right?

I'm sorry, but I am not going to believe you, or anyone else, unless someone can actually produce some kind of quote or citation from Wargaming confirming that it is indeed random in nature.

I am asking for proof that the awards are randomly given out.   And you have not provided that.  A mere guess is nothing more than worthless speculation.

This sounds like a rumour to me, and not something that is based on any facts.   Why should this collection, be treated differently than previous collections???

[VVV]
Members
341 posts
7 hours ago, Lance53 said:

I am asking for proof that the awards are randomly given out.   And you have not provided that.  A mere guess is nothing more than worthless speculation.

This sounds like a rumour to me, and not something that is based on any facts.   Why should this collection, be treated differently than previous collections???

What does the second sentence of the wargaming yamamoto collection article say?

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Yamamoto_Collection

Members
569 posts
12,978 battles
On 10/29/2017 at 9:04 AM, gloom13 said:

What does the second sentence of the wargaming yamamoto collection article say?

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Yamamoto_Collection

It says that you have to earn the collection items through daily missions.   But it provides zero information about what these secret missions are.

.Wargaming has kept us all in the dark this time.

Members
1,076 posts
5,972 battles
22 minutes ago, Lance53 said:

It says that you have to earn the collection items through daily missions.   But it provides zero information about what these secret missions are.

.Wargaming has kept us all in the dark this time.

That is an abject failure of reading and comprehension. Quoting the referenced second sentence from the wiki:

"Earning the first collection item via completion of the campaign of purchase of special containers from the Wargaming store unlocks the ability for collection items to drop from regular Containers earned through daily missions."

Now, this means:

1. You unlock the ability to start earing collection items either by completing the Yamamoto campaign, or by buying one or more Yamamoto containers from the premium shop.

2. Collection items drop from regular containers. I can attest that they do.

The wording "daily missions" is unfortunate, as there are no more "daily missions". What they mean, though, is the regular cycle of daily play that earns you up to three containers per day.

Now, you can choose to not believe me, just like you have chosen with everyone else, but you need to realize that you are the only one keeping yourself in the dark.

The burden of proof is now on you: Prove that you're worth any more time from ANYONE on this matter. Prove that your request for proof is worth responding to. You're being thick-headed. Maybe you can't help it.