You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
457th_FighterGroup

So, Scharnhorst

13 comments in this topic

Members
217 posts
2,046 battles

So today I got the Scharnhorst as a gift, like others. 

I can only say this is the most fun ship I have ever played in. I was planning to start grinding German BBs sometime in the future but this gives me a little sneak peek.

What I can say is that this is a very fun ship. It's armor feels very solid. It's gun are awesome. Secondries are very good too, I took my untouched 10 point German captain and equipped AFT and BFT, along with the secondary gun module. 

I haven't won any games yet but each of them I had a blast. I didn't feel very bad about losing since I had so much fun. Scharn feels a lot more fun than the Colorado and other T7s with exception of Gneis.

• Cool 1

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
571 posts
5,220 battles

I love my Scharn, love to launch torps off both sides and watch the salt pour in!

[RLGN]
Members
8,309 posts
17,372 battles
47 minutes ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

So today I got the Scharnhorst as a gift, like others. 

I can only say this is the most fun ship I have ever played in. I was planning to start grinding German BBs sometime in the future but this gives me a little sneak peek.

What I can say is that this is a very fun ship. It's armor feels very solid. It's gun are awesome. Secondries are very good too, I took my untouched 10 point German captain and equipped AFT and BFT, along with the secondary gun module. 

I haven't won any games yet but each of them I had a blast. I didn't feel very bad about losing since I had so much fun. Scharn feels a lot more fun than the Colorado and other T7s with exception of Gneis.

Through whatever my fault may be; 457 speks of things I have NEVER experinced with Scharn; I've had better games at tier 7 in Colorado; the supposed worst T7 battleship, than I ever have in the Made in German. At the same time; Gniesenau seemed to deliver better for me than Scharn ever did.

Members
217 posts
2,046 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Through whatever my fault may be; 457 speks of things I have NEVER experinced with Scharn; I've had better games at tier 7 in Colorado; the supposed worst T7 battleship, than I ever have in the Made in German. At the same time; Gniesenau seemed to deliver better for me than Scharn ever did.

I don't think the Scharn is a better ship than CO (although it might be), but the Scharn is just more fun to play. The Colorado just feels so sluggish it gets a little boring sometimes.

[RLGN]
Members
8,309 posts
17,372 battles
1 minute ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

I don't think the Scharn is a better ship than CO (although it might be), but the Scharn is just more fun to play. The Colorado just feels so sluggish it gets a little boring sometimes.

All the hammering I'v done with those 16" guns make up a bit for the slowness; that plus Warspite and New Mexico were good patience trainers for slow ships.

[HELLS]
Members
1,704 posts
15,643 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

All the hammering I'v done with those 16" guns make up a bit for the slowness; that plus Warspite and New Mexico were good patience trainers for slow ships.

Put Sierra Mike on Warspite, and use the premium spotter. You will compete....New Mexico? Tank!! Plus the guns are accurate! Secondaries build will make DDs think twice before chasing. Love it!

Members
3,828 posts
14,189 battles
5 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

The Scharn is an absolute blast.  I like the Gneis too but prefer the guns on the Scharn. 

Same here! :cap_like:

Scharnie is my #1 favorite of all the ships in my port. If you have Scharnhorst, what other tier 7 ship do ya need? :cap_rambo:

[BSL]
Members
744 posts
14,570 battles

Scharn is very forgiving, especially if you make a lot of mistakes like me.

I've ventured into situations where I'm fighting 3 ships at once and come out alive with all 3 dead!?!?

[DACO]
Members
174 posts
9,635 battles

She's a fantastic ship that shoots great HE at other BB's and good AP against CA/CL's.  Angled right, you can get within range and torp other BB's and watch the rage....

Members
39 posts
3,534 battles

Scharn is a great ship, if you can play to her strengths. If you can find a way avoid long range torpedos, limit the amount of fire you take from CV bombers, and angle yourself well against BB's with the larger guns of the game, she will absolutely wreck cruisers and destroyers with relative ease, and put a world of hurt into battleships once you get inside 10 kilometers.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

Scharnhorst isn't a battleship she is a German battlecruiser. She has really good armor and speed but more or less large cruiser guns. Unlike British battlecruisers which traded armor instead of guns. 

That being said she does not play like the rest of th line or even   Hers sister ship.