You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kongo_Pride

New Clan Officer Position (Logistics Officer)

5 comments in this topic

[CUTER]
Members
703 posts
19,087 battles

Hello fellow clan leaders,

The recent addition of clan bases and the benefits they provide has been a nice benefit to the game.  That said, it may seem like a mountain to take in and manage.  How will oil be distributed?  What benefits will be taken first?  What is the most bang for your buck? 

Couple that with the current Supremacy League and imminent debut of Clan Wars and your have quite the mess on your hands to manage.  A small clan can probably squeak by with just an executive officer handling this problem set.  However, the larger clans may want to consider identifying a Logistics Officer to fill this area and resolve the gap of resources and potential.

We at Quality Potatoes have just done that with the intent of expanding our clan over time.  Our Logistics Officer is responsible for identifying what clan members have what tier VIII and X ships available for use in Clan Wars and Supremacy League.

Furthermore, they will track average clan oil earnings both daily and monthly and then provide that information to the clan senior leaders for final decision on how to best utilize oil to grow the clan, hasten research, and cut costs for those grinding lines in preparation for competitive play.  

Additionally, they will report on active and inactive oil earners to help streamline the clan and enable the XO to identify players who are substandard in supporting their clan.  While it might seem easy to see who logged in for the day or week, it becomes more math intensive to see who actually is carrying the clan in oil production, the key income for purchasing clan benefits.  

Lastly, we placed the Logistics Officer as a subordinate position to the XO who is naturally responsible for internal clan affairs.

Anyways, thought I would share how we are tackling the issue and wanted other clans to take advantage if they deem it necessary given size and structure.

Please hit me back if you have other questions/concerns.

Edited by KongoPride

[PVE]
Members
9,929 posts
7,492 battles

PvE is a no pressure clan with no requirements on stats, play time, training or the like. We division up or not as each person feel like doing. Play fair, no TK on purpose and no stat shaming allowed. In game, I fill out the daily msg in the clan message board with what we are currently working on and ask what we should go for next. I go with the majority. We already have the T5-T7 ship purchase discounts as they were low hanging fruit, IJN, US, DE, and RU 3% XP buildings and are going for UK and Fr next. Since the DD and CL -10% service discount buildings are cheaper, we will probably go for them next, but who knows. So far we are having fun, getting oil and getting discounts.

[PVE]
Members
5,681 posts
18,265 battles
12 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

PvE is a no pressure clan with no requirements on stats, play time, training or the like. We division up or not as each person feel like doing. Play fair, no TK on purpose and no stat shaming allowed. In game, I fill out the daily msg in the clan message board with what we are currently working on and ask what we should go for next. I go with the majority. We already have the T5-T7 ship purchase discounts as they were low hanging fruit, IJN, US, DE, and RU 3% XP buildings and are going for UK and Fr next. Since the DD and CL -10% service discount buildings are cheaper, we will probably go for them next, but who knows. So far we are having fun, getting oil and getting discounts.

You are doing great Kiz, I have zero complaints on how you are running our clan. The 3% buildings are a huge help, most definitely finish them before the service discount buildings. Honestly I didn't notice the service discount ones until today, that is a good deal as well. I vote for getting all of those before that last purchase discount one. On the discount service buildings I vote for getting the BBs first, cruisers second, then the others (no preference). I play mostly cruisers but have never lost money playing one. I have lost some playing high tier BBs mainly because I suck with them... Really struggling with the Iowa for some reason, never had this problem with my North Carolina. Anyways just my input, make sure to check with the others! 

[PVE]
Members
9,929 posts
7,492 battles
4 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

You are doing great Kiz, I have zero complaints on how you are running our clan. The 3% buildings are a huge help, most definitely finish them before the service discount buildings. Honestly I didn't notice the service discount ones until today, that is a good deal as well. I vote for getting all of those before that last purchase discount one. On the discount service buildings I vote for getting the BBs first, cruisers second, then the others (no preference). I play mostly cruisers but have never lost money playing one. I have lost some playing high tier BBs mainly because I suck with them... Really struggling with the Iowa for some reason, never had this problem with my North Carolina. Anyways just my input, make sure to check with the others! 

NP, and thank you for the vote of confidence. I updated the daily msg for PvE in game. DD and CL are 4k each and BB and CV are 5k each.

• Cool 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,336 posts
10,761 battles
On 10/12/2017 at 4:40 PM, KongoPride said:

Hello fellow clan leaders,

The recent addition of clan bases and the benefits they provide has been a nice benefit to the game.  That said, it may seem like a mountain to take in and manage.  How will oil be distributed?  What benefits will be taken first?  What is the most bang for your buck? 

Couple that with the current Supremacy League and imminent debut of Clan Wars and your have quite the mess on your hands to manage.  A small clan can probably squeak by with just an executive officer handling this problem set.  However, the larger clans may want to consider identifying a Logistics Officer to fill this area and resolve the gap of resources and potential.

We at Quality Potatoes have just done that with the intent of expanding our clan over time.  Our Logistics Officer is responsible for identifying what clan members have what tier VIII and X ships available for use in Clan Wars and Supremacy League.

Furthermore, they will track average clan oil earnings both daily and monthly and then provide that information to the clan senior leaders for final decision on how to best utilize oil to grow the clan, hasten research, and cut costs for those grinding lines in preparation for competitive play.  

Additionally, they will report on active and inactive oil earners to help streamline the clan and enable the XO to identify players who are substandard in supporting their clan.  While it might seem easy to see who logged in for the day or week, it becomes more math intensive to see who actually is carrying the clan in oil production, the key income for purchasing clan benefits.  

Lastly, we placed the Logistics Officer as a subordinate position to the XO who is naturally responsible for internal clan affairs.

Anyways, thought I would share how we are tackling the issue and wanted other clans to take advantage if they deem it necessary given size and structure.

Please hit me back if you have other questions/concerns.

Hey Kongo!

Sounds like a good idea for organizing and delegating the decision-making process!

TSG4 already has a fully implemented Command Structure fleshed-out and in operation since April 2017. However, up to this point in time we have NOT utilized the G4 position due to the fact that our senior command officers consult on a regular basis with our senior staff officers on the feedback that they receive from the company commanders and the members of each platoon within their respective company.

You can view our command structure at https://tsg4.enjin.com/cmd

Since Clan Wars was rolled out earlier today, we may now find it necessary to fill the un-used G4 Officer slot. We have a Senior Officers meeting scheduled for 2000-hrs today and I"m sure it will among the topics of discussion.

Good ideas for consideration.... good post, sir!

59e78d17c9faf_TSG4RecruitPoster2.thumb.jpg.aad9a530dda0cca53dc586cf462c8c8a.jpg