Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RivertheRoyal

Thanks for letting people have rentals, WG.

19 comments in this topic

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,246 posts
3,106 battles

75% winrate today, while playing in tiers where the two rental ships are prevalent. Obviously, this has everything to do with the gross incompetence of the enemy's rental Scharnhorsts and Okhotniks, and nothing to do with my own skill. 

As someone else so eloquently put it, "Gee tnx WG, for some reason the opposing team has been giving me an easy solo 75% win ratio today."

As it is, I only played four games, since that's all I had time for, but they were great fun. The enemy team played well, and I found myself in trouble quite a few times because of it. I'm happy that people are getting the opportunity to play around in ships they otherwise wouldn't have.

Spoiler

F0MJJVH.png

rBl1w55.gif

Edited by RivertheRoyal
  • Cool 4

[NDA]
Supertester
4,837 posts
13,778 battles

Hasn't there been a lot of post and players calling for some kind of Premium Ship rentals?

rUG3HeG.gif

Because I pretty sure being able to test drive premiums is something that has been asked for a while. 

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

HyaZovQ.gif

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles

I don't see anything about being able to rent a ship anywhere, where are people renting these things from?

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,246 posts
3,106 battles
2 minutes ago, awildpervert said:

good for you, terrible for the poor sods that have these people on their team.

I think you missed the joke/point. 

1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I don't see anything about being able to rent a ship anywhere, where are people renting these things from?

It's an automatic thing. People have started getting either the Scharnhorst or Okhotnik in their ports, available to play for three days. 

[DAKI]
Members
626 posts
6,381 battles
7 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

I think you missed the joke/point. 

It's an automatic thing. People have started getting either the Scharnhorst or Okhotnik in their ports, available to play for three days. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

im super cereal all the time, bro. ;p

[CUTER]
Members
698 posts
18,985 battles

This is likely a test by WG to see what kind of impact rentals will have in clan wars when facing off against veteran teams made up of ship groups that have over 100 battles in each ship and a 19 point captain.   Needless to say...I don't think it will be such a joyous occasion for those using the rental system.  Sun Tzu would frown on this...because in this instance...you do not know yourself...and therefore have broken a key requirement to winning a battle.

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,222 battles

Well; I already have both so maybe that's why nothing has come up in my port?

All I did see was an offer to get the Arizona commemorative flag... Guess I didn't buy the ultimate bundle when I picked it up originally; because I didn't have that flag in my flag locker already. That; or it was just a new flag.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Well; I already have both so maybe that's why nothing has come up in my port?

All I did see was an offer to get the Arizona commemorative flag... Guess I didn't buy the ultimate bundle when I picked it up oruiginally; because I didn't have that flag in my flag locker already. That; or it was just a new flag.

I don't have Okhotnik and it didn't show up in mine. That is the only Premium that is obtainable with cash that I don't have.

[O_O]
Members
4,397 posts
9,515 battles

I don't have any 'rentals'.  Then again, I already own Scharnhorst and Okhotnik.

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,970 posts
15,568 battles

Okhotnik is such silly fun

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles
1 hour ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Can someone please help how come I’ve gotten nothing while everyone else has the rentals??

Nevermind. I got a Scharnhorst.

Make sure you check your entire port, including non-Primary ships. Mine was at the far back of all of my ships.

Edited by Carrier_Lexington

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,407 battles
13 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

Nevermind. I got a Scharnhorst.

Make sure you check your entire port, including non-Primary ships. Mine was at the far back of all of my ships.

I looked through all my ships and still don’t have it 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles
1 hour ago, bubbleboy264 said:

I looked through all my ships and still don’t have it 

Hmm... Random battles? Those are all I play (excluding Operations), so I often forget that there is co-op. There also might be a tier restriction or something...

I have no clue. As far as I'm aware, the Scharnhorst just showed up.

Sign in to follow this