Naeblis

Major changes needed.

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

46 posts in this topic

I have played this game since beta and have enjoyed it. But I'm done with matches filled with nothing but destroyers and battleships. I'm done with this game and WG in general until they do something to fix this discrepancy.  Hell, I don't even play cruisers anymore because there is no point. I really dont care if cruisers are good in the right hands. That may be, but these matches are not indicative of balanced gameplay. 

There is no way to force players to play cruisers. That’s the issues. Cruisers have started to receive a number of way of life buffs this year, and they even added a new line. But again, there’s just no way to force people to play cruisers.

Cruisers are hard mode on. They are good, but very hard to play well. 

I'm a cruiser main who used to play a lot of DDs as well.  I rarely play DDs now because there are so many in a match that I tend to do very poorly with my aggressive play style.  Lack of cruisers has actually led me to play more cruisers lol.

15 minutes ago, Naeblis said:

I have played this game since beta and have enjoyed it. But I'm done with matches filled with nothing but destroyers and battleships. I'm done with this game and WG in general until they do something to fix this discrepancy.  Hell, I don't even play cruisers anymore because there is no point. I really dont care if cruisers are good in the right hands. That may be, but these matches are not indicative of balanced gameplay. 

I don't know, cruisers have been good to me over the last 175 battles based on winning:

Destroyer -       55.65%          
Cruiser -   -   69.57%          
Battleship -   -   52.17%

Edited by murf4321

12 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

There is no way to force players to play cruisers. That’s the issues. Cruisers have started to receive a number of way of life buffs this year, and they even added a new line. But again, there’s just no way to force people to play cruisers.

Reminds me of World of Warcraft days long past.  You can't force people to play tanks!

The fact that a cruiser player isn’t ecstatic to be in a game full of DDs epitomizes what is wrong with cruisers.

Cruisers, particularly heavy cruisers, suck at their supposed strength.  The best counter to a DD is not a cruiser, it is another DD.

I've been playing more BBs recently (because I love me some German history) and I avoid DDs (because they seem laughably OP in the right hands and godly in a pros), but I do my best work in my cruisers.

*activate Atlanta-humor device*

I have been a cruiser main since the beginning and let me tell you, playing cruisers well, is very rewarding, and very telling of your individual skill.

6 minutes ago, Rommel_41 said:

I've been playing more BBs recently (because I love me some German history) and I avoid DDs (because they seem laughably OP in the right hands and godly in a pros), but I do my best work in my cruisers.

*activate Atlanta-humor device*

Lol, wait you think BBs are harder to play than DDs?

36 minutes ago, Naeblis said:

I mainly play light cruisers as I find them the easiest of all the classes to play. I'll admit my favorites are the T6-8 Soviet, though I have success in the French and German as well. The others, not so much. Lots of battleships just means more HP to farm. Killing DDs is fun, especially once the friendly DDs flush them out, otherwise radar and hydro work as well.

Edited by DustRhino

5 minutes ago, murf4321 said:

Lol, wait you think BBs are harder to play than DDs?

That depends on the player!

38 minutes ago, Naeblis said:

There is an arena where cruisers are unhampered by BBs and DDs; where they reign supreme, and alone. The place you started Warships at is still there... a cruiser-only paradise. Join us at Tier 1!

1 minute ago, theLaalaa said:

Join us at Tier 1!

Is this also that, "Paradise" where you literally get no say in what your ammunition choice is?

Playing cruisers right now dose suck with the amount of battleships your get spotted and every BB shoots at you and you get blapped.

22 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

The fact that a cruiser player isn’t ecstatic to be in a game full of DDs epitomizes what is wrong with cruisers.

Cruisers, particularly heavy cruisers, suck at their supposed strength.  The best counter to a DD is not a cruiser, it is another DD.

The fact that a cruiser player isn't ecstatic to be in a game full of DD's epitomizes what is wrong with the player. 

Last I checked New Orleans, Des Moines and Baltimore where all heavy cruisers... And well yea they rock at kicking DD [edited]. 

Heavy cruisers particularly at Tier X are IMHO the strongest ships in the game, and most off the wall players I know of like to play cruisers at higher tiers more then anything else. 

There is a reason why the Des Moines performs very well across all the servers, I would say the Hindenburg, Des Moines and Henry are probably some of the strongest ships in the current meta. 

No doubt cruisers are in a bad spot, but I don't really see a shortage of them in randoms and some of them (especially a few notable high tier ones) perform really well. 

45 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

I'm a cruiser main who used to play a lot of DDs as well.  I rarely play DDs now because there are so many in a match that I tend to do very poorly with my aggressive play style.  Lack of cruisers has actually led me to play more cruisers lol.

Grind Zee Germans and go hunting.   Also RN Cruisers love matches with lots of DDs, it's basically a buffet for them.

It would be nice to have a more even distribution of ship classes. I find cv>dd>cl/ca>bb in that order of difficulty. I do like player cruisers, but you have to be very careful and know where the enemy BB's are. The only type I find that struggle are the RN cls, they can get wrecked at any angle, also haven't played much of the french cls to know.

5 minutes ago, Veasel said:

Grind Zee Germans and go hunting.   Also RN Cruisers love matches with lots of DDs, it's basically a buffet for them.

I'm not a huge fan of KM cruisers or destroyers.  I love battles filled with destroyers in my RU cruisers though.  The Donskoi isn't as great as the Chappy was for it, but it's still fun.  Especially with the radar special mod.

Blame WG constantly buffing battleships and constantly nerfing destroyers.

Cruiser players migrated to battleships (Can't beat 'em, join 'em) or destroyers (resistant to battleship overpopulation)

The occasional game will dump with lots of cruisers, but most often you'll only have 2 cruisers a side sandwiched between 5-7 battleships and 3-5 destroyers.

28 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

Is this also that, "Paradise" where you literally get no say in what your ammunition choice is?

Actually, Mr. Lex, you can choose your ammo. You choose it by choosing your boat. :P ;)

4 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

I'm not a huge fan of KM cruisers or destroyers.  I love battles filled with destroyers in my RU cruisers though.  The Donskoi isn't as great as the Chappy was for it, but it's still fun.  Especially with the radar special mod.

The big problem with the Germans DDs is you need a ten point captain with CE right from the T-22, otherwise the T5-8 feel sub par.   CE makes the T5-T8 workable, the Gaede is a fun ship but faces T8's so often, the Maass is actually pretty good, the Z-23 is a love/hate kind of boat but the Z-46 and Z-52 are both fantastic.

Edited by Veasel

For some reason, maybe I'm just looking for it, it seems that after this last season of ranked the Cruiser play has gotten better. I was doing 100,000 plus in damage during ranked but that has dropped off. Haven't changed my style or ships I use either. Maybe I need to.