You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheURLGuy

REVOLUTION, COMRADES - Make Your Submissions for the Okty. Rev. COMMUNITY SCOOP!

24 comments in this topic

[WGA]
WG Staff
141 posts
695 battles

CQZ20q.gif

Sup.

The revolution to unlock Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya is still going strong! Plus, some of you have already purchased her. So...wanna give me a hand with some PRO TIPS! 

From now until October 18 at 12:00 PT / 15:00 ET, I’m accepting content for consideration. Here’s the kind of stuff I’m looking for:

• Short Writing (Ideally shorter than 250 words)
    • Tips for progressing quickly through Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya missions (ships to use, etc.) 
    • A short review of Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya 
    • Recommended Modification or Commander Skill builds
  • Videos 
    • A review of Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya
    • Epic footage of you winning in Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya 
    • Hilarious footage of you sucking in Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya
  • Spicy Memes
    • We know you're thinking it - Get all over you Stalinium/Soviet Russia/etc. jokes out of your system! 

Have fun, but remember that Community Guidelines are still a thing. Our legal eagles also advise you to not rely heavily on copyrighted content for your stuff (a brief sound clip in your video is probably fine, but I wouldn't push the envelope). 

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,763 battles

Well, wasn't going to do an in depth on her as the community contributors had it covered before it got released, but if you need a video URL guy, I'll have one for you soon :cap_haloween:

[POP]
Members
1,235 posts
8,332 battles

My Submission

The Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya is a beast of a ship. I believe she is one of the best battleships at T5, if not the best. Her power lies in her guns. They are, for some reason, profoundly powerful for almost any tier, much less tier 5.

I have gotten double citadel hits on cruisers and even citadeled a New Mexico at medium range. At longer ranges, the flight time means leading your target more, but 5 hits out of a full volley of 12 is not uncommon.

The downside and her weakest link is the odd placement of turrets. With turrets 1 and 3 resting forward and 2 and 4 resting backward. This requires the ship be almost full broadside to put all her guns on a target. Further, the turret rotation is… anemic. I would go so far as to say, "1 legged Dachshund in the Kentucky Derby" slow.

But the guns you can bring to bear will decimate targets and medium and close range. I consider her to be quite the brawler.

I'm quite glad I purchased her.

[ERN]
Members
605 posts
8,301 battles

The Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya may not be the best looking ship in the game, her name maybe a bit of a mouthful, her main armament configuration maybe somewhat inconvenient, and she may have limited amount of repair party consumables.

However, I'm actually glad that I got her for I'm both surprised and impressed with her performance for she's not only a good brawler, but also a fun and unique ship to have in the game (you may say she's "revolutionary" boat). So far, I have no regrets in purchasing her.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,854 posts
7,159 battles

In Soviet Russia... (I'll be back with the rest of this meme once I've sobered up.)

[TBW]
Members
6,417 posts
12,059 battles

Sovereigndawgs Review of the  Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya  Lots of bang for your Bucks

If you buy premium time and doubloons The ultimate package is a no brainer. The premium time and the doubloons you get, are a value of $42 just to start. Then you get a ten point Captain and 3 crimson containers. If that's not enough, you can earn a crimson container everyday until the 25th. I am pretty sure that you also get Credits (if you own the ship) for completing the missions. It's like you get the ship for free without having to grind for it and then the grind pays you anyway. I really like the ship too! You guys out did yourselves with this one Wargaming, keep these kind of deals coming and my patronage is yours.

Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya + Port Slot
• ☭ Red October ☭ Permanent Camouflage
•  3 Crimson Containers
• Commander with 10 Skill Points
• Main Armaments Mod. 1
• Damage Control System Mod. 1
• Aiming Systems Mod.  1
• 30 Premium Days 
• Custom Flag

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SFBBW]
Members
157 posts
10,001 battles

What has been working for me is divisions with friends or clan mates when possible.

Play tiers and ships you do your best in.

thank you for the good rewards and simple tasks

Members
159 posts
1,135 battles

She is one of my favorite BBs right with Konig. I find it's best to play at mid range and waggle back and fourth like I've had too much of that potato whiskey so I can unleash a broadside and get back to angling her armor.

With 12 x 305mm guns, she can easily send any cruiser caught broadside to the gulag.

Edited by KongouIsBestShip

[VVV]
Members
359 posts
2,271 battles

Here's my entry!

OctRevoMaymay.jpg

Edited by AtlanticRim
Derped up image attachment, sorry!

Members
1,085 posts
6,023 battles

Here is my entry. But, this needs more than a vignette, this merits a short story, and this is the best one you'll get, so kick back and relive some “history”:

It's 1937 in a bugged meeting room (aren't they all?) in the Kremlin. The subject: a design review of proposed upgrades to Soviet Russia's most renowned battleship, Oktober Revolution, renamed for the revolution that brought Lenin, Trotsky, and eventually Stalin to power.

In an unusual change of circumstances, the People's Comrade-Chairman Joseph Stalin presides over this meeting. The officers are uneasy, knowing the Party Chairman is rarely at these meetings:

Stalin: "Good mornink, gentlemen. As you know, the soviet Navy is beink revitalized, just as our great revolution has revitalized this people. The battleship October Revolution is named for our great victory that continues to this day. Because by its name it symbolizes our great struggle, I will personally oversee the design details and approve the design decisions to restore the glory of this great vessel. I want all of you to understand the prestige of our great people rides upon this project and - thank you, Miss Kitka - "(Stalin's shapely secretary, miss Dasha Kitka, distributes papers around the table, to Chairman Stalin first, then to the staff officers. Discrete though she is, she escapes the notice of none.) "- and, I will not tolerate mistakes and incompetence.

"Admiral Kutozov, I have completed my review of the aesthetic principles of the design. I think it reflect the stern sensibilities of the Soviet citizens' mind, is intimidating to our adversaries, and I approve this design. I wish to comment, however that your design assistant, what is her name - 'Leettle White Molotov?' - where she says 'Gangut butt is best butt," I do not think this assessment worthy of the Soviet People, and - "(the Chairman's eye with raised bushy brow follows the svelte form of Miss Kitka as she finishes her task and exits the meeting room) "- and, chuckling, I have seen better butts. I think today, we all have, da?

But, gentlemen, to business: Comrade-Admiral Kutuzov, is your staff prepared to submit upgrade proposals to me?"

Admiral Kutuzov: "Da. I wish to present Lieutenant Komsommolev wish his proposal for outfitting the Oktober Revolution with surveillance aircraft capability."

Lieut. K.: "Comrade-Chairman, the Oktober Revolution can be outfitted with catapult, retrieval cranes and fuel for either spotting or fighter aircraft. All that is necessary to accomplish this is to pull all main gun turrets and barbettes, and replace the new turret motors with original 1918 motors. This will of course slow the traverse of glorious Soviet artillery. This will further degrade..."

Stalin: (eyes narrowing, face sharpening.) "Comrade Komsommalev! Exactly where on the ship is the catapult and crane to be located???"

Lieut. K. : (startled, fearful, salutes) "At the fantail, Sir Comrade-Chairman!"

Stalin: (anger building, but face and voice as a stone): "And just WHY should these topside structures require removal of our MAIN ARTILLERY AND REPLACE OUR TURRET MOTORS WITH TWENTY-YEAR-OLD UNITS THAT WILL MOVE THE TURRETS SLOWER?????"

Lieut. K, flabbergated, and stunned that the Party Chairman does not know about such thing, stares wide-eyed, and stammers "Balanc."

Stalin, fists clenched, glowering, "BALANC!!!! BALANC??????"

"Da, Comrade-Chairman! Balanc iss...balanced."

Stalin, roaring now: "Balanc..??? You want balanc???? That Schicklgruber worm to our West!!! Do you think he want "balanc"??? No, he wants to BURY this good Soviet People!!!! Listen to me, in two years we have WAR with that man!!!! And you come to me with this idiocy: ‘Balanc?????’ TO GULAG WITH THIS MAN!!!!!!!!" (guards rush to apprehend the unfortunate lieutenant and oblige their Comrade-Chairman.)

Regaining his composure, but with death still in his eye, Stalin turns to Admiral Komsommalev, “Admiral, do you have any proposals better than THIS?”

Admmiral K. : “Da, Comrade-Chairman – many!” is next, lieutenant Popov.” Gesturing to Popov: “Up! Hurry!!!”

Lieut P. : “Well Comrade-Chairman, I have determined that we can give the Oktober Revolution smoke-generating capability if we remove and melt down eight of her secondary battery guns, and...”

Stalin: “TO GULAG WITH YOU!!!”

And so it goes with all of Admiral Kutuzov’s designers: Idea/GULAG!!!”, idea/GULAG!!!”, idea/GULAG!!!, and the guards, ever the guards, until the Comrade-Chairman and Admiral are alone….

Stalin: “Are these ALL of your preposterous ideas??? Have you ANYTHINK more!!!!? ANYTHINK better???”

Admiral Kutuzov senses his life is already on the line, and reaches deep at one last, desparate chance. “We have one designer, Lieutenant Korski-Rimsakov, who is talented, but frankly Comrade-Chairman, is undisciplined, and thinks up many crackpot ideas. He is in the outer office, but I am doubtful his ideas will be of help.”

Stalin: “BRING HEEEM!!! I MAHST HAVE SOMETHINK!!!”

Lieutenant Korski-Rimsakov is brought in with great haste. Stalin looks with great disdain at the unkempt man, with loose collar and uncombed hair. “WELL???”

Lieut. K-R: “Well, Comrade Chairman. My proposal centers upon material science. I have developed a new material combinink the strength of steel, the high-temperature limits of titanium and nickel, and is seven times as dense as lead, and can last for hundred and thirteen years in continuous service in seawater. When applied to ship armor, it can withstand 19” battleship shell. Material can also be used for armor-piercing shells. Dense shell of new material retains velocity better, Shell of new material is five times harder than case-hardened cobalt, and will penetrate six feet of battleship armor. Also, new material, when powdered and combined with gunpowder, acts as combustion catalyst, and can launch naval artillery shells with three times their previous velocity; and this is newer, high-density shell, Comrade-Chairman!!!”

Stalin, eyes widening, somewhat incredulous: “Can such a think possibly be? Is this true, Admiral???”

Admiral Kutuzov embarrassed, nods, and with eyes downcast, mutters, “Yes, is true, Comrade-Chairman.”

Stalin turns back to Lieutenant Korsky-Rimsakov: “You appear to be out of step with your design comrades on this lunacy of 'balanc.’ Explain to me.”

The lieutenant casts a quick, annoyed glance at the Admiral, pausing long enough to ensure it is noticed by the Comrade-Chairman. He then looks Stalin squarely in the eye and says: “Comrade-Chaiman, I believe in balanc as much as my design comrades. However, there is 'balance/balance, and there is Soviet balanc.' ”

“One more think, Comrade-Chairman, says the lieutenant, “I have taken liberty of callink this new material, ‘Stalinium.’

Stalin’s eyes narrow as he says nothing for a few moments. But this time the narrowed eyes are not furious, they’re thinking, assessing. Presently, a small twinkle appears in them. Suddenly his face breaks into a huge grin, and he gives the lieutenant a hard, manly, joyous slap on the shoulder, almost sending him sprawling, and exclaims. “HAAAHHHH!!!! ‘SOVIET BALANC!!!!’ ‘STALINIUM’!!!! You, I like!!! You are my new admiral in charge of design for all ships in Soviet Navy!!!”

“Guards!!! Seize former Admiral Kutuzov and take him immediately to People’s Research Hospital across Red Square, and have Doktorr Sharpenov 'cut his off!!!' HAAHH!!!! (slapping the new admiral on the shoulder again) Get it??? ‘Kutuzov/Cut his off’? Is fonny, nyet??? I tell you, Soviets invented comedy!!! Look up root word: commie/commiedy/comedy!!!! Hah!! Before I was Bolshevik, I used to Keeeelll them at the stand-up club in Vladivostok!! HAH!!! WHAT AM I SAYINK??? I steellll keeelll them in Vladivostok, keell five hundred thirty-eight last week!!! Miss Kitka!!! Bring vodka, bring cigars, pipe!!! My office!!! Admiral – come - we smoke, we drink. You stay for dinner, nyet?

The Comrade-Chairman and his newest admiral leave the meeting room and walk down the corridor to Stalin’s office, Stalin fairly slapping the new admiral out of his teeth while roaring with laughter. We can hear the voices fade as they leave:

“So, admiral Korski-Rimsakov, do you have other ideas?”

“Yes, Comrade-chairman. I am also developink Chronosphere. It will allow us to travel, eight, ten years onto future, and return with our own technology that we have not developed yet, and use it to defeat our adversaries now.”

“HAAHH!!!! Now I KNOW, you I like!!!”

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
  • Cool 1

Members
638 posts
747 battles
15 hours ago, TheGreatKiller26 said:

i have a question, if i get her (the BB) in missions, will i get the red communist camo or i have to buy her to get the camo?

After you earn her through missions there will be an additional mission for the glorious camouflage.

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Beta Testers
302 posts
9,907 battles

Great Story! It should be a winner.

I have a small problem. My Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya must have missed her shipyard overhaul, because she does not have the Stalium armor. Unless I keep her angled, she doesn't live very long. I'm still glad I bought her, since she's totally fun to play, even for this old (1944) Captain.

[RBIA]
Members
337 posts
8,256 battles

The only thing harder than the pronunciation of the ship's name is the impact of her pure Stalinium shells, fired by a highly reactive mixture of vodka and capitalist tears.

--IronDuke

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,143 posts
6,492 battles

Most importantly: of all the ships, this is one of them. --K538

Members
638 posts
747 battles

Poor me, my stats page says I had an 128k game on the 11th, but I can't find the replay. Here's a few others to compensate.

A good damage game

A game in which I shrug of lots of damage before dying from my own stupidity.

A great game overall:

In a mini tactical guide I reccomend running concealment expert immensely along with superintendent, as the extra damage control charges are a godsend, and the concealment will allow you to nuke cruiser before they can WASD hack. When fighting other BBs give a good bow in angle and bait them into firing before swinging out for a full broadside, but if they don't full for it hammer them with 9 guns until they sink. Against angled or higher tier BBs don't be afraid to use HE, it has low alpha but the fire chnace and your volume of shells can really start fires, I had a 4 fire salvo once. Against cruisers most cruisers you will see are unable to pen your deck armor, and your superstructure is extremely hard to hit so you can sail broadside without a care and dev strike them. Against DDs just blast AP unless they are the last one left, your overpens do plenty of damage and the lower pen increases chances of getting a full pen on the DD. I find the ship to be one of the most fun and strong BBs of its tier.

Edited by RealNewDeal

[PRNA]
Beta Testers
18,812 posts
2,987 battles
On 10/12/2017 at 4:43 PM, mfumukoskoldpadda said:

I made a book on tips and tricks for the October Revolution.

59dc60ec2bceb_GitGudOktoberrev.thumb.jpg.ecb79fb9d4ff7d2971d4b9be9dd002cf.jpg

+1 for S.U. reference.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,235 posts
8,332 battles

I had forgotten about this thread until I saw my name in the news. 

Something else interesting with this ship. I ended up in a 1-1 duel with a Colorado at 6-10km  and won. I hit her for more than 35k and I started the duel with a little less than that. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,192 posts
18,932 battles

Those this count too?