You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Good sportsmanship

16 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,301 posts
8,922 battles

Good sportsmanship in the game goes a long way towards maintaining camaraderie in the gaming community. Well-played sir!

gothim.jpg

• Cool 1

[TDD]
Members
905 posts
7,942 battles

I have actually seen an up-tick in civility the last week or so as well as team work and good sportsmanship all around.

it has been nice

Edited by nina_blain_73

[WOLF2]
Members
892 posts
7,263 battles

Agreed.     99 out of 100 of my karma points will be positive, complementing both teammates and opponents.       It's enjoyable to have a good slug-fest and then offer a virtual pat on the back and "good fight".

Some players won't, and that doesn't bother me either.    I'll still thank my team, and those that made the match fun.

Members
4,561 posts
6,492 battles

When a team mate does something good I often type in "nice job" real quick. Helps with morale.

[TLM]
Beta Testers
121 posts
23 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Good sportsmanship in the game goes a long way towards maintaining camaraderie in the gaming community. Well-played sir!

gothim.jpg

Nice to see this level of good sportsmanship.

A rarity unfortunately in this community. Good thing you have a screenshot, you may see this again in 10,000 games, if you're lucky.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Saw it happen just last night when I triple cit a Nürnberg with my Prinz. He was disappointed, but civil about it.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,849 posts
13,067 battles

I got total owned by a DD the other day.  In fact, 7 of our team did... a single ship wrecking machine!!!!

I gave him a karma tic (worthy adversary).  Seldom do I give karma to reds, but he deserved this one.

[CUTER]
Members
702 posts
19,035 battles

Nice to see and be recognized.  +1 to you sir for posting this.

I have a code I use to give out compliments, teamwork is #1.  However exp in a battle also plays a role.  When I see an enemy ship in a match and he has 1500 base xp in the loss, I almost always compliment because it is clear he did everything he could to carry.  I also send out in game compliments in message...and too me that is far more valuable than the karma points.  

Edited by KongoPride

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,865 posts
1,338 battles
15 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Saw it happen just last night when I triple cit a Nürnberg with my Prinz. He was disappointed, but civil about it.

A Shokaku double-dropped on my Nelson, and detonated me.  I told Shokaku 'nice drop!'

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles

I give them a plays well plus at times will pm thanking for there help .. PMd a Sims yesterday for perfectly setting a smoke screen on me in my BB 

[WOLF9]
Members
3,251 posts

Another forum member sailed out of a cap deliberately, to let me have it- since all the reds were far away, and our side got nuttin for damage or points.  (Two Brothers- the reds all went West or up the middle, and we went East.  One of those games of Ring around the Rosie everyone hates, lol

I thought that was pretty sportsmanlike- so I gave him a compliment.

Not used to folks doing things like that, lol.

[-DZ-]
Members
171 posts
7,330 battles

I'm okay with sending compliments to opponents who do exceptionally well, or take me out in a dramatic fashion. I compliment them in chat and send a Worthy Adversary compliment their way. Did it yesterday to a Gallant that caught me napping in my New Mexico. He was closer than I thought he was, and I sailed right into his torp spread. 

As a bonus, sometimes they compliment you back (though that's not why I do it).

[B2P]
Members
517 posts
13,680 battles

We had a teammate announce at the beginning of the game that he was done because he didn't like the map.  His ship didn't move the entire game.  The last red ship ended up near him, and had put up a good fight, so as a team we stopped shooting at him and directed him to our worthless AFK.  We let him sink that SOB and then we finished the game.  Thought that was pretty cool.

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,140 battles
3 hours ago, DreadRaybo said:

We had a teammate announce at the beginning of the game that he was done because he didn't like the map.  His ship didn't move the entire game.  The last red ship ended up near him, and had put up a good fight, so as a team we stopped shooting at him and directed him to our worthless AFK.  We let him sink that SOB and then we finished the game.  Thought that was pretty cool.

I don't generally advocate such behaviour, but in that situation, if we were going to win anyway, I'd have done the same thing.  

I had a match this afteenoon where one of our BBs announced late match that it wasn't fun, he was giving up and to sink him.  We were gonna lose anyway, but still its not cool.

B