Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
buzz_bomb

Hindenburg Question in preparation for clan wars

11 comments in this topic

[TF16]
Members
60 posts
4,533 battles

I've read information and tips about the suggested loadout for the HIndenbug. I'm curious what some of you might what might change when specifically using it in clan wars given the differences in clan war battles. 

Specifically the option to take Main Battery Mod 3 for ROF and traverse or Gun Fire Control System for range. 

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

you have enough range without upgrade.  go for  ROF.   even without EM you have 26sec turret traverse, which is fast enough.   hydro upgrade if you got it for 20% extra duration .     I am running dual rudder mod.  

biggest is captain skills .     only CE as top tier skills.  

Members
3,764 posts
13,992 battles
4 hours ago, centarina said:

you have enough range without upgrade.  go for  ROF.   even without EM you have 26sec turret traverse, which is fast enough.   hydro upgrade if you got it for 20% extra duration .     I am running dual rudder mod.  

I use the Gun Fire Control System MK 2. I prefer the longer range, 20.7 km, over the slightly faster load time. I consider 10 seconds loading time to be fast enough. Hindy's guns are accurate enough for good shooting out to 20 klicks. I use both rudder mods too.

Members
2,368 posts
7,654 battles

For Clan battle go for RoF. With the limit of one BB you dont need all that range to be safe.

[TSAR]
Members
149 posts
4,825 battles

All I know is that my current Hindenburg build is useless in this round of clan wars. My current build is an AA build as I rarely go hunting for DD's and I hate CV's.

Members
1,539 posts
8,168 battles

Hey

For my Hindy; I initially went for the range mod at 20.7 km, 10 sec. reload but then switched to the reload mod for the 18.8 sec. reload but range was reduced to like 17.5km and I just didn't like since at T10, most ships are shooting in the mid 20km range and thus felt the range mod works better for me, so I went back to the range mod, 20.7km and 10 sec. reload.  It works, and the additional stand off range allows me to better dodge shots.  I didn't feel the 1.2 sec. difference was worth the reduced range and slower turret traverse speed.  I like my guns moving as fast as possible for those knife fight situation or when I'm kiting away.  On a separate note:  I still prefer my Roon over my Hindy but I have a slightly low skill capt. in Hindy by 2pts.

Pete

[ARRGG]
Members
37 posts
6,312 battles
22 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

For my Hindy; I initially went for the range mod at 20.7 km, 10 sec. reload but then switched to the reload mod for the 18.8 sec. reload but range was reduced to like 17.5km and I just didn't like since at T10, most ships are shooting in the mid 20km range and thus felt the range mod works better for me, so I went back to the range mod, 20.7km and 10 sec. reload.  It works, and the additional stand off range allows me to better dodge shots.  I didn't feel the 1.2 sec. difference was worth the reduced range and slower turret traverse speed.  I like my guns moving as fast as possible for those knife fight situation or when I'm kiting away.  On a separate note:  I still prefer my Roon over my Hindy but I have a slightly low skill capt. in Hindy by 2pts.

Pete

Im kinda in the same boat (pun) with the Hindy as you .....struggling with it compared to Roon.  I started with 20k range and recently went ROF/17.5k.  But after some battles I think Im going back to 20k.  As you state, most T10 BBs can airmail stuff at plus 20k range and those damn Minotaurs with their concealment at shorter ranges are giving me fits. Also need more points on the capt and my 19pt Roon is helping in that regard

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,304 posts
6,575 battles

RoF mod in combination with AR gives you a reload of something like 7.5 seconds when being moderately damaged, that is very potent and increases your dpm over a stock Hindenburg by 33%, and that is noticable.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

hindy is my best performing ship  currently.   it is very easy to do  do lot of dmg very quick .   I run double rudder and dpm mod though biggest is having good understanding of map and positioning .  roon has bit more agility, but  hindy is a monster.  

Members
1,539 posts
8,168 battles
2 hours ago, centarina said:

hindy is my best performing ship  currently.   it is very easy to do  do lot of dmg very quick .   I run double rudder and dpm mod though biggest is having good understanding of map and positioning .  roon has bit more agility, but  hindy is a monster.  

Hey

I still learning the Hindy but have it presently setup the same s my Roon, double rudder shift and all.  I miss the Roon's Agility and so far have not found the Hindy to be any better at the damage department, maybe I need to be closer to the action.  I have a 14pt in Hindy and 17pt capt in Roon.  As for comments made about the ROF VS. Range,  I run AR anyways but I still prefer the longer range since it puts me out of range of some cruisers and I can usually dodge incoming BB fire.  I like Hindy; BUT, I love my Roon right now.

Pete

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

I had a same issue early   because I was being too aggressive , but it only took few match to adjust.       keep at it.   roon is great esp if you are top tier.    I still have it in my port.  hindy is just stronger imho. 

Sign in to follow this