You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Depth386

Free Rental Ships & Upgrades

17 comments in this topic

[BEAR]
Members
87 posts
3,061 battles

So I think WG is trying something new and "teasing" some premium ships. I just randomly got a free Scharnhorst to try for 3 days.

Now, here's a few questions

1) When the 3 days is up, if my Konig commander is still asigned to Scharnhorst will he be placed in my reserve?

2) When the 3 days is up, if I install Upgrades on this Scharnhorst (like Main Armamanets Mod 1, Damage Control Mod 1....) will they be placed in my inventory or sold for 50% or just lost forever?

Note that this is not a T10 rental for Clan Battles.

shot-17.10.12_08.08.30-0285_cropped.jpg

[PVE]
Members
9,767 posts
7,478 battles
28 minutes ago, Depth386 said:

So I think WG is trying something new and "teasing" some premium ships. I just randomly got a free Scharnhorst to try for 3 days.

Now, here's a few questions

1) When the 3 days is up, if my Konig commander is still asigned to Scharnhorst will he be placed in my reserve?

2) When the 3 days is up, if I install Upgrades on this Scharnhorst (like Main Armamanets Mod 1, Damage Control Mod 1....) will they be placed in my inventory or sold for 50% or just lost forever?

Note that this is not a T10 rental for Clan Battles.

shot-17.10.12_08.08.30-0285_cropped.jpg

Not sure, but expect you would not lose anything. This is happening with the Ohotnik too.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,851 posts
11,564 battles

Everyone else has been posting about getting the Okhothik, cool to see they are teasing more than one ship.  As far as your question I assume everything will go to reserve/inventory but I can't know that for sure.

[TACG]
Beta Testers
731 posts
1,716 battles

It's nice that they are doing this, hoping I get a chance to try one out as well. (Ideally a pan-asian DD, but ill give anything a whirl)

• Cool 1

[BEAR]
Members
87 posts
3,061 battles

I dont know if it just took some time or 1 battle of the Scharn or what, but now I've got another message. They're offering me a bundle something like $18 for 500 doubloons 500K creds 7 days Prem and a "Scharnhorst Flag Mission" which  is supposed to make Scharn permanent. So basically a very deep discount on the ship but I don't know if I will have time to grind the mission and it doesn't say what it is. I gotta know what the mission is lol

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,169 posts
5,028 battles

I got a mission for the Krasyn Kreme, but I already had it (won from a supercontainer).  Think this thing bugged out for me.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,916 battles
11 minutes ago, FCA_Wichita said:

I got a mission for the Krasyn Kreme, but I already had it (won from a supercontainer).  Think this thing bugged out for me.

Nope the mission is only for the flag. You need to pay the difference between the ship and the most expensive package to get it. Got the offer for 3 ships by now.

[O_S_D]
Members
41 posts
9,636 battles
31 minutes ago, Depth386 said:

I dont know if it just took some time or 1 battle of the Scharn or what, but now I've got another message. They're offering me a bundle something like $18 for 500 doubloons 500K creds 7 days Prem and a "Scharnhorst Flag Mission" which  is supposed to make Scharn permanent. So basically a very deep discount on the ship but I don't know if I will have time to grind the mission and it doesn't say what it is. I gotta know what the mission is lol

The offer is for a useless flag, not to make the Scharn permanent. Don't buy it!

[SF-3]
Members
1,536 posts
8,138 battles
1 minute ago, Tingent said:

The offer is for a useless flag, not to make the Scharn permanent. Don't buy it!

you might even say "its a trap"

[BEAR]
Members
87 posts
3,061 battles

Thanks, Scharn for $18 would be too good to be true.

Sounds like some sketchy marketing on WG's behalf now.

What is it about eastern culture that they can't make sales... try actual discounts WG! Have you looked at exchange rates at all?

scharnultimate.jpg

usdrub5y.jpg

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,169 posts
5,028 battles
14 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Nope the mission is only for the flag. You need to pay the difference between the ship and the most expensive package to get it. Got the offer for 3 ships by now.

When I went to the store, it said item was unavailable.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,540 posts
25,071 battles
46 minutes ago, FCA_Wichita said:

That's happened to me on the past 3 "special offers". They sure are special..

[LANCE]
Members
309 posts
3,262 battles
2 hours ago, FCA_Wichita said:

Iirc the “special offers” that pop up in game have a time limit. Not sure what it is but sure it says it somewhere in the popup ... could be wrong though

[CDMX]
Members
95 posts
5,211 battles

About the rentals, I think that is very good thing. It will help you to make a ship purchase with much more knowlegde about your performance in the ship. And that´s is an amazing thing.

Members
2,398 posts
7,721 battles

I guess the commander would go to the reserve and the modules too. 

My question is, would we be able to buy those ships? After the free testing is over?