You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LancerUlysses

So This Happened. Really?

42 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,159 battles

I just got a free 3-day rental of the Okhotnik?!  It just got added to my port like *pow*, and there's a timer on it. 

No optiont to buy (which I would totally do, but what?! Anyone else have this happen?

[FML]
Members
1,776 posts
10,159 battles

I got one too, and its a totally hilarious viking longboat with russian guns and 4.5km torps - 12 of them :D hahaha

total madness. 

Members
3,729 posts
15,109 battles

I predict that Okhotnik will appear in the premium shop after 72 hours :Smile_trollface:

Spoiler

HN4ucv7.jpg

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,877 posts
11,603 battles

I completed this weeks stage of the event end didn't get an offer (I already have teh Okhothik though).  Three day rental with the chance to buy at the end seems like a great idea, I know there are several premiums I didn't buy because they didn't excite me or look good on paper but after playing them (on my corgi account) I did like them.

[ADAPT]
Members
830 posts
13,109 battles

marketing strategy..everyone should test the ships before buy it..good decisions WG..should do to all premium ships

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,881 posts
7,492 battles
14 minutes ago, bandits86 said:

marketing strategy..everyone should test the ships before buy it..good decisions WG..should do to all premium ships

This has pros and cons. Yes, you get to try out a ship and see how it preforms. But, it I went off my first few tries at DDs or the Krasny Krym, I would have never wanted them. USS Smith I only recently figured out how to play and I have lots of fun with it. I have fun in just about every ship. Still haven´t figured out the Mikasa yet.

Edited by Kizarvexis

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles
25 minutes ago, m373x said:

I predict that Okhotnik will appear in the premium shop after 72 hours :Smile_trollface:

Reveal hidden contents

HN4ucv7.jpg

Oh boy, I hope so.  That one is one of the last few premiums is missing from my collection!  Got get 'em all!

[HINON]
Members
9,055 posts
7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

This has pros and cons. Yes, you get to try out a ship and see how it preforms. But, it I went off my first few tries at DDs or the Krasny Krym, I would have never wanted them. USS Smith I only recently figured out how to play and I have lots of fun with it. I have fun in just about every ship. Still haven´t figured out the Mikasa yet.

Mikasa was fun when it could be in T2/T1 matches, now not so much.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,307 posts
9,134 battles

Would really suck if you weren't able to play much in that 3 day rental window.

I think they should base it on a set number of rental matches (say, 5 or 10).  That way a player is guaranteed to get a full duration of the rental period.

• Cool 1

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
22 minutes ago, bandits86 said:

+1 this.. 

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

Well played one game this morning.  total crapshow.  got the rental though.  It apparently has nothing to do with doing well.  lol. 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,496 battles
2 hours ago, LancerUlysses said:

I just got a free 3-day rental of the Okhotnik?!  It just got added to my port like *pow*, and there's a timer on it.

No optiont to buy (which I would totally do, but what?! Anyone else have this happen?

Try right-click on the ship's icon in port.  You should get a popup with option to purchase.

[SPTR]
Members
124 posts
4,524 battles

Aren't Okhotnik owners contracturally obligated to post sped up replays (like 5:1 or 10:1 speed) with yakity sax playing.

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,402 battles
56 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

I got a 'special offer' last night for a set of missions that let you earn a free Okhotnik flag

Fixed that for you.  

I've owned okhotnik since march, so I am wondering if I will get a rental of something else? 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,824 posts
10,383 battles
1 minute ago, Happy668 said:

I got scharnhorst, you can move a captain to and from it without penalty right? just want to make sure

Yes. These freebies seem to act as premium ships should in that regard, throw your Bismarck skipper in her and his skills will work, then put him back in Bismarck and he'll be fine.

Members
9,992 posts
3 hours ago, bandits86 said:

Not sure I agree. WG depends on skilled players buying Premiums and making them look absurdly OP.

Average player sees this, thinks the ship will make them OP, and buys it. Average player gets tailpipe handed to him repeatedly, decides it's not so OP after all.......:cap_hmm:

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
12 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

Fixed that for you.  

I've owned okhotnik since march, so I am wondering if I will get a rental of something else? 

No... it wasn't for a flag.  It was the actual ship. 

Some people are getting a Scharn rental.

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,402 battles
6 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

No... it wasn't for a flag.  It was the actual ship. 

Some people are getting a Scharn rental.

Hmm, til this point its only been flag missions popping up in that format.  Interesting.  

Edited by AnimaL21

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,856 posts
13,076 battles
4 hours ago, LancerUlysses said:

I just got a free 3-day rental of the Okhotnik?! 

Did it come with Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) insurance?

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
5 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

Hmm, til this point its only been flag missions popping up in that format.  Interesting.  

I've only ever had two special offers since I started playing back in closed beta, so I don't know what normally pops up.  However, both offers I received were to unlock missions and neither were to earn a flag.  The first one I got was just last week and was missions for the Iowa to unlock a permanent camo.  The other was obviously the missions to earn the Okhotnik.