You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SpacemanRingo

How to get oil

15 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
1,136 battles

So far as I understand it, you get oil with each container you collect...yet my oil remains at zero no matter how many containers I get. 

I'm surprised that the forum search didn't bring up any threads about oil, because I'm sure that I'm not the only one to ever need assistance. 

So how about it?  Is that not how it works?

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles
27 minutes ago, SpacemanRingo said:

So far as I understand it, you get oil with each container you collect...yet my oil remains at zero no matter how many containers I get. 

I'm surprised that the forum search didn't bring up any threads about oil, because I'm sure that I'm not the only one to ever need assistance. 

So how about it?  Is that not how it works?

There should be a tab in the far right side on the upper screen with your clan name if you are officially part of the clan. Click on that and see if your name is in the clan roster. If you don't see neither, the clan officers hadn't put you officially yet.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,214 battles
41 minutes ago, SpacemanRingo said:

Already in one.  What else needs to be done?

Open them.

Members
10 posts
1,136 battles
26 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

There should be a tab in the far right side on the upper screen with your clan name if you are officially part of the clan. Click on that and see if your name is in the clan roster. If you don't see neither, the clan officers hadn't put you officially yet.

I'm in.  I'm only talking about the containers since then.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,569 battles

Its a good question.... when I first joined a clan after battles you’d see an oil icon with the amount collected and if you went to the clan you’d see the amount added to the total and and after you get to a certain amount you can do something with it but lately like the last 3 or 4 days nothing ... no oil collected .. not sure what I did to collect it in the first place ... doing the same kick Butttte getting sunk thingy

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
1,650 posts
4,918 battles

I ran into this problem early on and put in a support ticket to WG about this very issue. Here's how the system works. 

Oil is given upon the collection of a container.  You have to affirmatively hit the "Collect Container" option, choose the type you want (type doesn't matter for the oil, but you need to go through this step anyway).  You then need to open the container to receive the oil.  

If you don't do all of these things, you'll still get the container and all the goodies inside but you will receive no oil for your efforts. 

Try this out, if it doesn't work then send WG a ticket because this method has worked for me 100% of the time. 

Members
10 posts
1,136 battles
8 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

I ran into this problem early on and put in a support ticket to WG about this very issue. Here's how the system works. 

Oil is given upon the collection of a container.  You have to affirmatively hit the "Collect Container" option, choose the type you want (type doesn't matter for the oil, but you need to go through this step anyway).  You then need to open the container to receive the oil.  

If you don't do all of these things, you'll still get the container and all the goodies inside but you will receive no oil for your efforts. 

Try this out, if it doesn't work then send WG a ticket because this method has worked for me 100% of the time. 

I guess it is ticket time, because that's given me no oil.  

Thanks much!

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
166 posts
6,550 battles

if  your in a clan to get oil each container you open gives you 10 oil, but you have to collect 5 containers before you start collecting oil for the  6th one,

So on  your 6th container, you start collecting 10 oil etc etc etc .  Thats how i understand it to work.

Edited by DevilD0g

[SOCOM]
[SOCOM]
Members
1 post
4,428 battles

ok new to a clan.. 5 days in.. the clan screen says i have collected 90 oil. but when i collect a normal container i see no mention of oil.. just the regular consumables, flags, and stuff.  Where do you see on your personal port screen where the oil is that you are collecting?

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles
9 hours ago, canhero said:

ok new to a clan.. 5 days in.. the clan screen says i have collected 90 oil. but when i collect a normal container i see no mention of oil.. just the regular consumables, flags, and stuff.  Where do you see on your personal port screen where the oil is that you are collecting?

You collect oil the second you collect a crate. It shows up under "notifications", that little tiny tab on the bottom right hand part of your port screen. I think the two tabs there are "battles" and "notifications". One is where you can revisit your scores from a recent battle and the other gives you a list of stuff you have either payed out or earned in the game. Oil does not show up on the prize screen when you open up a crate. Hope that all makes sense.