Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

How many people here are happy about the Conqueror BB nerf?

Anyone happy about the Conqueror BB nerf?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the Conqueror BB nerf?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want bacon

• Yes
    • No

73 comments in this topic

[IN3PT]
Members
225 posts
11,928 battles
16 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

Once again, BBs get the middle finger from WG, with pro statpadders saying "Oh its ok its just a lil nerf'.

Ya. NO.  Gettin real fuckin tired of this crapfrom WG. Every fuckin patch as of late, BBs get another nerf, CODD!p$h!ts get another freebie or outright  buff; resulting in matches where [edited] in DDs outnumber BBs on each side; especially tier 7+.  When I see pro statpadding  twats like notso or flamo saying its a good thing; I know without question its ONLY good for their stats and not the balance of the game. Yes, fire is broken - that is not the fault of ONE BB or even one LINE of BBs; that is a massive flaw inherent to the game and propagated by the ABSOLUTE IDIOTS AT WG.

Am I bitter? You better fuckin believe Im bitter. Makes me glad even Jingles has backed off backing this game because right now? WG needs a frozen muckluk shoved right in  the gonads.

This guy is high af... BBs have had almost nothing taken away, and have had far too many buffs. Meanwhile cruisers, dd's and even cv's still suffer.

The Conq is just plain [edited] easymode sit at max range and blip in and out of stealth half the match. That is why the survival is higher, and the damage. This is also the main reason that the wr doesn't show how broken this ship is. 

Conq can hit any cruiser and do 10-20k a salvo, with only half of its shells, while lighting a fire with every off shell. Only t9-t10 cruisers have heals, with the exception of atago. So 8 ships are completely boned. 

And before everyone says that ap does so much damage... We can angle against some, if not most of the mid to long range ap. We can't do Jack against HE spam......

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,070 posts
3,895 battles
13 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

Not anywhere *NEAR* to the extent DDs sky cancer have. Yes, you should see a doc for that delusional comment.

mEYb4Rt.gif

Only delusion here is yours.

Members
971 posts
5,229 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

I push all the time in my battleships.   Never had a problem with a Conqueror 1-1 vs the challenge presented by any other battleship.

The ship that can hit you, regardless of angling, for 10-20k while often setting multiple fires per volley has never posed more of a challenge to push into than other battleships? 

What's the secret to pushing against these things without eating a ton of damage that I'm missing? 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,887 posts
4,227 battles
17 hours ago, DerKrampus said:

WG can't win, can they?  If they sledgehammered the Conqueror, people would be complaining.  They try a more nuanced approach, FOR ONCE IN THEIR LIVES, and people still harp about it.

I would argue that WG is trying to do something that won't fix the problem for reasons of posterity rather than reasons of actually doing anything about the problem.

In my view, the Conqueror's survivability could be correctly nerfed by increasing its citadel height to accessible levels, and reducing the turret traverse speed of the 457s significantly so that she isn't as-much a threat against a cruiser or destroyer. This would reduce the amount of frustration involved in fighting a Conqueror because A) Citadel damage is only 10% repairable, and B), it provides the option of getting closer to cruisers and destroyers who normally cannot afford to take a full salvo from the Conqueror, so they could have the option to set-up a torpedo-run on it.

It would also make Des Moines quality of life better, because DM would now have the option to be able to hit Conqueror's citadel instead of being forced to fire AP at it and only score regular penetrations until it inevitably turns its guns on you and deletes/cripples you with one salvo.

16 hours ago, Rommelsbook said:

Survivability is already gimped because you get 1 less heal than other BBs of the tier.

Are you insane, or do you just not play Tier 10? It doesn't matter that Conq gets only 3/4ths of the Heals that the other BBs get when its heals are 3 times more effective.

Edited by Carrier_Lexington
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,301 posts
7 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

The ship that can hit you, regardless of angling, for 10-20k while often setting multiple fires per volley has never posed more of a challenge to push into than other battleships? 

What's the secret to pushing against these things without eating a ton of damage that I'm missing? 

Probably you need to be more aggressive.   A leisurely cruise at 12km  isnt going to cut it.   

At longer distances, as you close the range use your WASD hacks.   Even subtle direction changes can cause a large percentage of each volley to cleanly miss.   Turn as he fires.  Many of the others will shatter on your armor.

Do NOT point directly at the target.  Bow camping is an invitation to tear up your superstructure.

As you get close he will either panic and try to turn away.  Blast him in the side as he does.  Or he will stick doggedly to angling towards you and slowly sailing or reversing.   In which case you should be able to get a favorable angle on his flank with an aggressive charge.

You should be closing to single digit range and getting your secondaries into action as well.  

Meanwhile if you have your DC and Repair Party improvement skills, as you should, you should be able to extingush and repair a lot of his fire damage.

Brutality snd swiftness of action is the key to victory.  A lot of BB players dont really know what to do if you get into knife fighting range.

Conqueror, or all its fire potential, is slso actually quite soft.

But your best bet is to aggressively push a flank so that he finds himsslf in the position of exposing his flank to you, or to others of your team, no matter which way he turns.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,083 posts
16,435 battles
16 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

O look a Uniscum trying to deflect from fact.

WG already gave the facts.

Some just can't accept the truth.

They got access to a bunch of stats that none of the players can access.  The interesting part is they SHOWED the stats backing up their assessment.  This is the first time I've ever seen WG ever lay down THEIR STATS to justify their actions.

Some just can't accept the truth.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[7FLT]
Members
123 posts
6,266 battles

the ship isnt op though, sure its god damn annoying but it isnt actually broken, and this nerf reflects that, its a quality of life adjustment to help keep it spotted longer and allow you to brist it down while its heal is unavalible. i actually appreciate what the conqueror is, its a bb that is desgined to kill bb's which is awesome given the over population of bb's currently. given that it primarily targets bb's which have  more health as opposed ot say the montana which farms cruisers primarily, and its enhanced survivability its not surprising that it deals more damage on average. also its worth noting that the majority of player who have the conqueror at this point are above average players and its stats will reflect that, similar to how the flint  will always appear stronger that it should.good on wargaming to approach this ship with the scalple rather than the hammer this time.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,574 posts
7,911 battles
17 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

Once again, BBs get the middle finger from WG, with pro statpadders saying "Oh its ok its just a lil nerf'.

Ya. NO.  Gettin real fuckin tired of this crapfrom WG. Every fuckin patch as of late, BBs get another nerf, CODD!p$h!ts get another freebie or outright  buff; resulting in matches where [edited] in DDs outnumber BBs on each side; especially tier 7+.  When I see pro statpadding  twats like notso or flamo saying its a good thing; I know without question its ONLY good for their stats and not the balance of the game. Yes, fire is broken - that is not the fault of ONE BB or even one LINE of BBs; that is a massive flaw inherent to the game and propagated by the ABSOLUTE IDIOTS AT WG.

Am I bitter? You better fuckin believe Im bitter. Makes me glad even Jingles has backed off backing this game because right now? WG needs a frozen muckluk shoved right in  the gonads.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,309 battles

19420541_233031413875587_386108892009048

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,309 battles
15 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

Not anywhere *NEAR* to the extent DDs sky cancer have. Yes, you should see a doc for that delusional comment.

DDs have been buffed?

scwSCco.gif

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,309 battles
18 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

15 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

Here is my reaction.

83c.gif

This is your comments

giphy.gif

[WOLF1]
Members
4,002 posts
19 hours ago, Lert said:

Hopefully it'll be enough to stop the whining.

Now *that's* wishful thinking, Lert.  There's almost nothing that will stop the whining!

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,335 posts
11,284 battles

I'm not particularly happy, it seems like a symptom of poor decisions and testing.

1. When Conq was originally spoiled she was 4x2 457mm only, I was worried that was undergunned but didn't know about the 68% fire chance...
  2. Conq. then got the 4x3 419mm leading to a storm of critical posts about 'HMS Montana'
  3. The 419's are then made so much better than the 457's that there's basically no point in the bigger guns
  4. The community contributor initial reviews ranged from LWM's satirical 'but why's it in a Russian port' to 'NERF when?' to 'Montana Who?' etc. yet no major change in direction was taken, that was over 2 weeks before release
  5. The ship is released in an unbalanced state

There seem some pretty bad decisions made along the path, either the test program is ineffective or WG have a different agenda.

• Cool 2

[DAKI]
Members
654 posts
7,620 battles

i never really cared nor had problems against conq in a dd, she burns and takes torps like any other ship, and melts in focus fire like any other ship. I think the ship honestly is more of a bore for its users since a smart team will most likely focus you down and shred you.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,394 battles
19 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

WG  "LOGIC" IN A NUTSHELL -

*Releases a badly broken, misaligned, and really incoherent BB line for a nation that for much of the life of Battleships had the most powerful navy afloat

*Deliberately underguns the entire BB line

*Then tells its playerbase "Hey these guns arent so great, but spam HE! Thatll do ya!"

*Hears a multitude of players complain as suddenly a broken mechanic that was prior abused mainly by wallet warriors and statpadders is now being abused by damn near everyone working up the line

*Decides 'hey we should nerf the ultimate reward for working through this mess of a line we made, while doing NOTHING to address the problem"

*Further drops hints that they 'are unhappy with how many players are in BBs and not in CL/CAs, DDs or CVs" when CL/CAs (esp American) have been suffering huge power creep, DDs are the most OP line of the entire game, with CVs  being a close second.

Ya. BRILLIANT I tell ya! BRILLIANT!!

19 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

Ya. NO.  Gettin real fuckin tired of this crapfrom WG. Every fuckin patch as of late, BBs get another nerf, CODD!p$h!ts get another freebie or outright  buff; resulting in matches where [edited] in DDs outnumber BBs on each side; especially tier 7+.  When I see pro statpadding  twats like notso or flamo saying its a good thing; I know without question its ONLY good for their stats and not the balance of the game. Yes, fire is broken - that is not the fault of ONE BB or even one LINE of BBs; that is a massive flaw inherent to the game and propagated by the ABSOLUTE IDIOTS AT WG. 

How many hunting partners that scared off your target are buried under the permafrost?

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,394 battles
5 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

LOL! I was wondering if anybody would say that.

and I was wondering if I was about to get Ninja'd

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,008 posts
4,381 battles
1 minute ago, pmgaudio said:

and I was wondering if I was about to get Ninja'd

i was shirley thinking about posting it

Members
3,098 posts

I think it was too early given the numbers of people that still have no clue how the ship works.Concealment nerf was good since that was obviously too good. The problem with the repair nerf is that further pigeonholes it into hanging out in back and never pushing. The people complaining before are still going to complain and the people players that did try and push will now be forced to play passive as well.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,811 posts
3,574 battles
3 hours ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

I would argue that WG is trying to do something that won't fix the problem for reasons of posterity rather than reasons of actually doing anything about the problem.

In my view, the Conqueror's survivability could be correctly nerfed by increasing its citadel height to accessible levels, and reducing the turret traverse speed of the 457s significantly so that she isn't as-much a threat against a cruiser or destroyer. This would reduce the amount of frustration involved in fighting a Conqueror because A) Citadel damage is only 10% repairable, and B), it provides the option of getting closer to cruisers and destroyers who normally cannot afford to take a full salvo from the Conqueror, so they could have the option to set-up a torpedo-run on it.

It would also make Des Moines quality of life better, because DM would now have the option to be able to hit Conqueror's citadel instead of being forced to fire AP at it and only score regular penetrations until it inevitably turns its guns on you and deletes/cripples you with one salvo.

Perhaps.  There's always room for further nerfs, however.  Despite the damage numbers, (which can be explained-away by easily-repaired fire damage, most likely) the stats for most of the tier 10 battleships are actually remarkably close.  I'd rather see WG chip away at the ship and tweak it, than see them say "people are complaining, hit it," and nerf it into the ground.  (Which is what they tend to do at nearly every opportunity.)

Sign in to follow this