Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

How many people here are happy about the Conqueror BB nerf?

Anyone happy about the Conqueror BB nerf?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the Conqueror BB nerf?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want bacon

• Yes
    • No

73 comments in this topic

Members
867 posts

The main reason many BB players are unhappy about the Conqueror is the fact it is a huge counter to bow camping. I have talked to a bunch of BB players and that seems to be one of their main complaints. Want to sit and bow camp the Conq will burn you down. I think any ship WG comes out with that counters effectively bow camping you will hear a roar of disapproval from the BB mains in higher tiers. It is going to be interesting how the BB players feel about the deep water torps. I am expecting the forum to be very interesting.   

Edited by SteelClaw

[ARMDG]
Members
3,243 posts
1,579 battles

I'm happy they're trying something, but at the same time they're nerfing the least problematic part of the ships (and the line) rather than fixing things.

Members
5,201 posts
6,021 battles
4 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

O look a Uniscum trying to deflect from fact.

Lol, wut?

I was just replying to your unnecessary saltiness over, nothing really...

Oh, and to respond to your actual comment, I'm decidedly "blue" according to WT, so I've no idea where you're getting that I'm unicum from...

[JASH]
Members
3,616 posts
9,455 battles
9 minutes ago, ksix said:

They're clearly intent on leaving the zombie heal and fire chance as gimmicks. Neither should of made it out of testing but WG have shown themselves time and time again that they're stubborn bastards and will let things fester for months/years.

Not a fan of their gimmicks.  I frankly wish they'd save the time they put into pulling gimmicks out of their arses and subsequently dicking around fixing their resulting mistakes and instead put more into developing new/fresh maps. 

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,314 posts
11,542 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

It's only a tiny nerf that won't do much. Hopefully it'll be enough to stop the whining.

I share your hope.

[TBW]
Members
7,090 posts
13,001 battles
2 hours ago, Xlap said:

They can win, if they do the right thing... People complain about the OP HE shell and WG nerf the heal? Yep, that solves the problem...

Some people complain, others don't, as for me, it is what it is. Nerf it, don't nerf it, I'll shoot it when I see it and I'll play it when I get it. I couldn't vote, there was no, I don't care vote. There are a lot more things in this world to worry about than the OP-ness of the Conqueror.

Members
1,683 posts
7,756 battles

I don’t think it’s the right nerf.

I can see how nerfing the survivability might help, but it’s not the heal that’s the problem. The problems are that it can sit broadside without concern for taking damage from AP, and that it can easily vanish when it gets focused, while still too far away for enemies to press in and re-spot it 

The best change would be to enlarge the citadel, so the Conq player is forced to choose how to angle and when to unmask turrets the way other BBs are, and so a player getting burned down can do something active (delivering a well-aimed shot) to force the Conq to break off. It might also help to increase the detection range to enable a team to keep it spotted. 

Really, it was a bad idea to go for gimmicks to begin with. You can’t break the rules for fire chance, HE penetration, detection range, and healing and expect a ship will fit right into the existing game. 

The worst thing is that since the only counterplay is to go where the Conq can’t see you, it promotes very passive play. I have had matches where I haven’t even gotten to full speed before I start burning, and when that happens the only hope is that the Conq switches to another target, because I’m just not fast enough to hide behind a rock. 

Edited by inktomi19d
  • Cool 1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,005 posts
4,375 battles
2 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

Once again, BBs get the middle finger from WG, with pro statpadders saying "Oh its ok its just a lil nerf'.

Ya. NO.  Gettin real fuckin tired of this crapfrom WG. Every fuckin patch as of late, BBs get another nerf, CODD!p$h!ts get another freebie or outright  buff; resulting in matches where [edited] in DDs outnumber BBs on each side; especially tier 7+.  When I see pro statpadding  twats like notso or flamo saying its a good thing; I know without question its ONLY good for their stats and not the balance of the game. Yes, fire is broken - that is not the fault of ONE BB or even one LINE of BBs; that is a massive flaw inherent to the game and propagated by the ABSOLUTE IDIOTS AT WG.

Am I bitter? You better fuckin believe Im bitter. Makes me glad even Jingles has backed off backing this game because right now? WG needs a frozen muckluk shoved right in  the gonads.

See a doctor ...BBs have been for the most part nothing but buffed since the start of closed beta

• Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,260 posts
3,154 battles
23 minutes ago, inktomi19d said:

I don’t think it’s the right nerf.

I can see how nerfing the survivability might help, but it’s not the heal that’s the problem. The problems are that it can sit broadside without concern for taking damage from AP, and that it can easily vanish when it gets focused, while still too far away for enemies to press in and re-spot it 

The best change would be to enlarge the citadel, so the Conq player is forced to choose how to angle and when to unmask turrets the way other BBs are, and so a player getting burned down can do something active (delivering a well-aimed shot) to force the Conq to break off. It might also help to increase the detection range to enable a team to keep it spotted. 

Really, it was a bad idea to go for gimmicks to begin with. You can’t break the rules for fire chance, HE penetration, detection range, and healing and expect a ship will fit right into the existing game. 

The worst thing is that since the only counterplay is to go where the Conq can’t see you, it promotes very passive play. I have had matches where I haven’t even gotten to full speed before I start burning, and when that happens the only hope is that the Conq switches to another target, because I’m just not fast enough to hide behind a rock. 

The concealment is also being nerfed. It's not just the heal, it's survivability in general. 

Members
1,683 posts
7,756 battles
5 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

The concealment is also being nerfed. It's not just the heal, it's survivability in general. 

The concealment nerf might help. 

Mostly, if they are going to do that much damage, there should be ways to punish them if they make mistakes. It’s tremendously frustrating to put a half-dozen 16” shells into that thing for no effect.

I get the impression that WG didn’t anticipate players would be sitting broadside at 20 km all the time, but that’s he play style I see most often.

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,330 battles
28 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

See a doctor ...BBs have been for the most part nothing but buffed since the start of closed beta

Not anywhere *NEAR* to the extent DDs sky cancer have. Yes, you should see a doc for that delusional comment.

[ARMDG]
Members
3,243 posts
1,579 battles
40 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

The concealment change will push the stealth build to just over 12km of visibility.  Still awfully hard to detect for a ship of that size.

Members
1,683 posts
7,756 battles
22 minutes ago, Sirus_Patton said:

The concealment change will push the stealth build to just over 12km of visibility.  Still awfully hard to detect for a ship of that size.

It’s more in line with other very stealthy BBs though. As long as BBs stay 8 or 10 km behind their allies, the Conq will get spotted. Basically as long as the enemy doesn’t try to push, it should be an effective nerf,

In the match I’m in right now, I got burned through 65k hp before I could make it to an island, although the cruisers on my team did set the Conq on fire. (He’s a smidge under full health now.) Right now I've spent all my repairs on getting burned from 20 km away, and I’m parked behind an island with 9500 hp, waiting for my Damage Control Party to cool down so I can poke out and shoot stuff. Neither team has crossed the middle of the map, and we’ve both lost two ships with a nearly tied score because no one can move out from the islands. 

That I’m goofing around on my iPad as I wait for DCP should give you an idea how fun and engaging this match is. I really hate passive play, but pushes are harshly punished.

• Cool 1

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
13 hours ago, Lert said:

It's only a tiny nerf that won't do much. Hopefully it'll be enough to stop the whining.

Stop whining???

Now you are dreaming, Lert:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,289 posts

I love the Conqueror as a cure for bow camping.  Overdue.

I will say that I'm seeing less bow camping these days as a result!  Hooray! The RN has stepped in to save the day!  Lol

• Cool 1

Members
21,171 posts
5,686 battles
12 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

Once again, BBs get the middle finger from WG, with pro statpadders saying "Oh its ok its just a lil nerf'.

Ya. NO.  Gettin real fuckin tired of this crapfrom WG. Every fuckin patch as of late, BBs get another nerf, CODD!p$h!ts get another freebie or outright  buff; resulting in matches where [edited] in DDs outnumber BBs on each side; especially tier 7+.  When I see pro statpadding  twats like notso or flamo saying its a good thing; I know without question its ONLY good for their stats and not the balance of the game. Yes, fire is broken - that is not the fault of ONE BB or even one LINE of BBs; that is a massive flaw inherent to the game and propagated by the ABSOLUTE IDIOTS AT WG.

Am I bitter? You better fuckin believe Im bitter. Makes me glad even Jingles has backed off backing this game because right now? WG needs a frozen muckluk shoved right in  the gonads.

How many hunting partners that scared off your target are buried under the permafrost?

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,699 posts
2,610 battles

Conqueror looks to be riding a razor’s edge and it won’t take much of a nerf to make it garbage.  It does more damage, but this seems to be because it lives a bit longer on average, and the damage it does is mostly to BBs and mostly of low quality, repairable damage.  Reduce it’s low quality damage to the same total as, say, Montana’s high quality damage and Conqueror would be distinctly inferior.

It would not shock me if Conqueror requires a buff after this nerf.

Members
951 posts
5,206 battles
42 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I love the Conqueror as a cure for bow camping.  Overdue.

I will say that I'm seeing less bow camping these days as a result!  Hooray! The RN has stepped in to save the day!  Lol

Problem is ships that don't care about angling don't just punish bow campers. They also punish battleships that push. 

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,862 battles
13 hours ago, RivertheRoyal said:

This post goes into the practically behind nerfing the survivability, and why it's a better idea than nerfing the damage output. It's a very well reasoned read, and I highly recommend you take a look. 

So the ship will merely camp harder and just spam HE. Not really helping the camping meta.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,599 posts
11,624 battles

To me it is not the right tweak or tweaks.  A slight change in dispersion see what does and then maybe follow it with a tweak of the HE chance is what Lion and Conqueror needed.  I was okay with the heals.  Nothing big just a tweak.

[RKLES]
Members
8,665 posts
10,797 battles
12 hours ago, SteelClaw said:

The main reason many BB players are unhappy about the Conqueror is the fact it is a huge counter to bow camping. I have talked to a bunch of BB players and that seems to be one of their main complaints. Want to sit and bow camp the Conq will burn you down. I think any ship WG comes out with that counters effectively bow camping you will hear a roar of disapproval from the BB mains in higher tiers. It is going to be interesting how the BB players feel about the deep water torps. I am expecting the forum to be very interesting.   

Those of us that love Cruisers feel the sting of British HE since often they only take 1 RN HE shell hit to set a ship on fire lol.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,792 posts
3,965 battles

I think this is a good first step. It just makes the heal  more palatable. Doesn't give such a short window inbetween regen powers.

[STAR]
Members
3,138 posts
8,074 battles
12 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Those of us that love Cruisers feel the sting of British HE since often they only take 1 RN HE shell hit to set a ship on fire lol.

This 

What is bad for BBs is even worse for cruisers. Just yesterday i had a battle with my Hindenburg where i was able do bounce 3 slavos of Yamato AP but a Conqueror killed me in two salvos, First salvo was 22k plus 3 fires, second salvo was 25 k plus 4 fires, i died a few secs later due to four fires. Also a single shells break all your modules on a cruiser. 

In a cruiser im more afraid of RN HE shells than any other BB AP shells. This is just wrong. I can bounce and WASD to take only overpens from BB AP, but there is nothing i can do against Conqueror HE.

Edited by Xlap

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,289 posts
2 hours ago, Rocketpacman said:

Problem is ships that don't care about angling don't just punish bow campers. They also punish battleships that push. 

I push all the time in my battleships.   Never had a problem with a Conqueror 1-1 vs the challenge presented by any other battleship.

Sign in to follow this