You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Mod problems solved?

16 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,038 posts
8,298 battles

ReShade and others apparently triggered some bans, and I wanted to check WG resolved the issue before downloading Aslain's again.

Members
150 posts
2,332 battles
4 minutes ago, Reymu said:

ReShade and others apparently triggered some bans, and I wanted to check WG resolved the issue before downloading Aslain's again.

Thought it was just Reshade. 

[PVE]
Members
9,953 posts
7,492 battles
2 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Reshade is now a banned mod because of dll(?) security issues. There is talk about Aslain's X on the mini-map being a cheat by some players, but I have heard nothing official on that issue from WG.

Members
3,492 posts
6,195 battles

Reshade will not be allowed according to Devs - period.  IT is about not allowing anything to inject into DLLs because if Reshade can do it - cheats will be made to exploit it.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,038 posts
8,298 battles

So just Aslain's and other official mods permitted then? Intend to download one in morning. Absent a definite nope from WG, have to assume they're allowed--and yes, get the point about ReShade as the easy-light on citadel and stealthed DDs is not fair to everyone else.

Though...if WG really wanted to sock it to cheaters, they need only copy what the publisher for Titanfall 2 did--setup the clients so cheaters can only play with each other.

[PVE]
Members
9,953 posts
7,492 battles
17 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Reshade will not be allowed according to Devs - period.  IT is about not allowing anything to inject into DLLs because if Reshade can do it - cheats will be made to exploit it.

Malware can also be inserted via the dll as well I understand.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles

Been using Aslain's the whole time, no issues.  Never had reshade, didn't have the false ban, either.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,207 posts
4,336 battles
44 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Reshade is now a banned mod because of dll(?) security issues. There is talk about Aslain's X on the mini-map being a cheat by some players, but I have heard nothing official on that issue from WG.

The minimap x is in wgs own mod pack, there is no controversy about it any more.  

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

So just Aslain's and other official mods permitted then? Intend to download one in morning. Absent a definite nope from WG, have to assume they're allowed--and yes, get the point about ReShade as the easy-light on citadel and stealthed DDs is not fair to everyone else.

Though...if WG really wanted to sock it to cheaters, they need only copy what the publisher for Titanfall 2 did--setup the clients so cheaters can only play with each other.

If that's true that's the most amazing thing I've ever heard for an anti-cheat.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
657 posts
8,020 battles
1 hour ago, comtedumas said:

The minimap x is in wgs own mod pack, there is no controversy about it any more.  

*This

Members
744 posts
3 hours ago, comtedumas said:

if its not part of the vanilla game, and as many people don't run mods, it doesn't mater who's mod pack its in, there can still be controversy because it dose allow you to do some things easer than you can without it.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,207 posts
4,336 battles

It matters if the mod pack is from the gaming company, as this one is.  You do know Wargaming has their own mod pack out, right?  

[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts
20 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

It matters if the mod pack is from the gaming company, as this one is.  You do know Wargaming has their own mod pack out, right?  

and that WG developers contribute to it?

[YORHA]
Members
3,361 posts

They say they are going to publish and official statement about which mods are ok and which aren't.

"Soon".

Until then I think it is a bad idea to operate on the principal that if they didn't say no it's OK.  They never said no to Reshade and look what happened.  And given their track record of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing I wouldn't take comfort in the fact it is a WG approved mod pack either.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,207 posts
4,336 battles
2 hours ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

and that WG developers contribute to it?

It’s put out by the gaming company.