Admiral8Q

Japanese school girls attack!

  • You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

18 posts in this topic

And then, Japanese school girls play WoW...
1f923.png?

 


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how some of the senior students have cat ears! /^.\\  

 

anime's called Haifuri or High School Fleet, studio's writer is a veteran. 


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>*Fires a 5-inch gun*
>*penetrates the 650mm turret face of Musashi*

>Whut?

 

No, if you're going to use modern-day ships, use them as they were designed and it will make more sense. Use your Exocets and don't fight in formation (that's a terrible idea; against a single target, you want to be attacking from multiple angles).

 

Edited by Carrier_Lexington

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

>*Fires a 5-inch gun*
>*penetrates the 650mm turret face of Musashi*

>Whut?

 

No, if you're going to use modern-day ships, use them as they were designed and it will make more sense. Use your Exocets and don't fight in formation (that's a terrible idea; against a single target, you want to be attacking from multiple angles).

 

Lol as 1 of my history books so nicely described it, the Yamato class ships were basically a Battleship merged with with a couple of Cruisers. Lol they carried the guns to put some holes into those lighter ships even with secondary armaments 


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol as 1 of my history books so nicely described it, the Yamato class ships were basically a Battleship merged with with a couple of Cruisers. Lol they carried the guns to put some holes into those lighter ships even with secondary armaments 

 

Lol they were originally fitted with, what, twelve 6.1" guns? They were pretty powerful weapons, too, so her secondary broadside as-built (nine guns) was vastly more powerful than any IJN CL in service, heck, more powerful than most CLs in the world. Granted, half the battery was removed, dropping the broadside by a third... but AA was kind. Speaking of which, although iirc it was a very poor ASu gun, they also carried a metric sh*t-ton of 127mm/40's for their tertiary armament.

 

Then again, the USN Fast BBs basically had the DP firepower of two Fletcher's strapped to either side, and the KGV's had a Dido on either side, so...


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phoenix_jz said:

 

Lol they were originally fitted with, what, twelve 6.1" guns? They were pretty powerful weapons, too, so her secondary broadside as-built (nine guns) was vastly more powerful than any IJN CL in service, heck, more powerful than most CLs in the world. Granted, half the battery was removed, dropping the broadside by a third... but AA was kind. Speaking of which, although iirc it was a very poor ASu gun, they also carried a metric sh*t-ton of 127mm/40's for their tertiary armament.

 

Then again, the USN Fast BBs basically had the DP firepower of two Fletcher's strapped to either side, and the KGV's had a Dido on either side, so...

If I remember right the Anime had those original guns on  Musashi, lol hence the difficulty those modern ships had getting close for disabling hits lol.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

>*Fires a 5-inch gun*
>*penetrates the 650mm turret face of Musashi*

>Whut?

 

No, if you're going to use modern-day ships, use them as they were designed and it will make more sense. Use your Exocets and don't fight in formation (that's a terrible idea; against a single target, you want to be attacking from multiple angles).

Who's to say they're using your typical APCBC-type shells though?  A 5" HEAT round would probably pierce the main turret face, and if they're insane enough to give high school girls control of fully-functional warships loaded with live ammunition, creating upscaled tank rounds for naval artillery wouldn't just be viable, it'd be necessary.

 

At any rate, from what I saw in the video, their shots blew out the 6" secondaries, which had nothing but splinter protection.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The modern destroyer are adults/teachers. All the WW2 era ships are the students, and yes they give the students live ammunition. 


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ValkyrWarframe said:

Who's to say they're using your typical APCBC-type shells though?  If they're insane enough to give high school girls control of fully-functional warships, creating upscaled tank rounds for naval artillery wouldn't just be viable, it'd be necessary.

 

A 5" APDS or HEAT round would probably pierce that armor.

Hmm... not sure about the HEAT, but APDS would probably work.

Still, they should be fighting with Exocets and/or Harpoons rather than guns. Guns on a modern destroyer aren't designed to be used to take-on large warships. They're designed to be used when a situation demands something other than blowing your target to tiny shreds.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that's the version of Mushashi that'll be in the game, I'll happily pay for it.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

Hmm... not sure about the HEAT, but APDS would probably work.

Still, they should be fighting with Exocets and/or Harpoons rather than guns. Guns on a modern destroyer aren't designed to be used to take-on large warships. They're designed to be used when a situation demands something other than blowing your target to tiny shreds.

The reason I retracted my statement about APDS is because of the much-larger distances involved in naval combat.  APDS is highly effective against tanks because of how much kinetic energy the round has, but regardless of streamlining and aerodynamics it's going to lose energy with distance.  Not as much as APC or APCBC, but you're going to see it fall off.  HEAT on the other hand is a chemical round and has the same amount of penetration at any range because it doesn't derive most of its power from the shell's kinetic energy.  Make the explosive charge powerful enough and you're fine.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ValkyrWarframe said:

The reason I retracted my statement about APDS is because of the much-larger distances involved in naval combat.  APDS is highly effective against tanks because of how much kinetic energy the round has, but regardless of streamlining and aerodynamics it's going to lose energy with distance.  HEAT on the other hand is a chemical round and has the same amount of penetration at any range because it doesn't derive its power from the shell's energy.

That is true, but a 5 inch naval gun also yields MUCH more kinetic energy than a 120mm tank cannon.

 

I was doubting HEAT because it is typically a low-velocity round, which would mean that, at certain ranges, it would be almost impossible to use.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

Hmm... not sure about the HEAT, but APDS would probably work.

Still, they should be fighting with Exocets and/or Harpoons rather than guns. Guns on a modern destroyer aren't designed to be used to take-on large warships. They're designed to be used when a situation demands something other than blowing your target to tiny shreds.

Still if you did watch the whole show you would notice they where trying to delay it a couple minutes so they city could evacuate.

Edited by RiverTheIdiot

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tech in the show is different then what we have today since it takes place around now. Fixed wing flight isn’t a thing so I don’t know how much missile tech they have other then the ASROC


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

Still if you did watch the whole show you would notice they where trying to delay it a couple minutes so they city could evacuate.

Why delay when you can mission-kill? Even if you can't damage the armored citadel, an Exocet or Harpoon is more than capable of degrading the instruments on Yamato, destroying the bridge, and damaging the propulsion systems where they extend farther than the citadel, and doing things that would make continuing the mission almost impossible.

  The other thing is that almost all modern destroyers carry Tomahawks. No WWII-grade, optically-sighted AA can hope to fend-off a cruise missile, and that gets even worse when you allow for the fact that many Tomahawks carried nuclear warheads.

   And even worse was how the destroyers used their "drones." Instead of putting missiles, Avengers (30mm rotary cannon), Rocket Pods, or smokescreens on them, they just parked the drones above the ship...

Edited by Carrier_Lexington

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they really wanted to stop her they could have just sent Yamato or shinano after her. Like they said you need 18in to fight 18in lol.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of points.

 

Those ships are 

Heavely automated. As in the Musashi in that show is literaly a classroom. . . .

 

as in that's how much crew is on board. . . .

 

Literally One classroom. . . 

 

All kids. No adults in sight.

 

Those guns from 25mm to 46cm are all as fully automatic as the Phalanx.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.