Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeadMeat_015

USS John McCain CO and XO fired

7 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
459 posts
8,497 battles

"Cmdr. Alfredo J. Sanchez, the McCain’s commander, and Cmdr. Jessie L. Sanchez, its executive officer, were relieved of their duties and reassigned, Navy officials announced in a statement. Both were fired because of a lack of confidence, officials said."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/10/10/navy-fires-two-officers-over-uss-mccain-collision-says-deadly-accident-was-preventable/?utm_term=.17f23e64666e

TFVFUlD.jpg

Members
1,922 posts
2,492 battles

So... who's going to replace them?

Not sure the replacements will have more experience or better training than these two that were let go.

[SYN]
Members
459 posts
8,497 battles
7 minutes ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

So... who's going to replace them?

Not sure the replacements will have more experience or better training than these two that were let go.

No salt here, but I'm not sure you understand how the Navy works. Essentially all Officers are interchangeable as long as they have the proper rank and schooling to be a ship CO or XO. Now competence of individual Officers do vary, but if they didn't have Officers qualified to assume command then the Navy is not the Navy 

Edited by DeadMeat_015

[WOLF5]
Members
1,534 posts
2,123 battles

Don't know who will replace, but if you allow your DDG to be hit by a freighter, you deserve to be fired.

How the hell is our navy supposed to avoid incoming missiles and such if they can't even avoid some old freighter?

• Cool 1

Members
1,922 posts
2,492 battles
12 minutes ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

No salt here, but I'm not sure you understand how the Navy works. Essentially all Officers are interchangeable as long as they have the proper rank and schooling to be a ship CO or XO. Now competence of individual Officers do vary, but if they didn't have Officers qualified to assume command then the Navy is not the Navy 

Does not mean that the replacements will have better training for the ship than the outgoing folk, or at least for a while.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,631 posts
13,535 battles

I remember when I was in the Navy a good day was 18 hours and sometimes they would push it all the way up to 36 hours straight for a day or two and it's tough to do that 7 days a week

I remember when I first got on the ship one of the old salty dogs told me I would fall asleep with my eyes open I didn't believe him then 6 months later there's a lot of days that you just can't stay awake waiting for something to happen

So I can totally see how sleep deprivation on a force spread too thin is lot of the problems

And when you're tired all the time days on end you start becoming mental too

• Cool 1

[VVV]
Beta Testers
223 posts
1,916 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

Don't know who will replace, but if you allow your DDG to be hit by a freighter, you deserve to be fired.

How the hell is our navy supposed to avoid incoming missiles and such if they can't even avoid some old freighter?

the Naviguesser needs to go too.....he obviously failed to properly oversee the training of the lookouts who failed to notice a freighter bearing down on them.

Sign in to follow this