You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dorsai

Akizuki - no hit points...is it broken or nerfed ?

21 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
3,127 battles

Just played a round with the Akizuki...75 target hits with the main battery on HE and 0 damage...hits on 4 different ships...not a single damage point for 75 hits ? What gives ? This shouldn't even be possible.

20171011_174210.jpg

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,484 battles

Wrong captain, no IFHE perhaps?  I would have expected at least a fire or two, but against tier 9/10 BBs and a tier 10 DD, yeah, you'll shatter a lot of shells.

Members
1,458 posts
12,302 battles

Damn over-powered 100mm guns.... guess shooting marshmallows

Edited by Panzer1113

[HINON]
Supertester
19,189 posts
12,700 battles

100 mm HE cannot hurt anything with armor thicker than 16mm unless you take IFHE, then it can't hurt anything with armor thicker than 25mm.

[CUTE]
Members
6 posts
7,502 battles

You need IFHE if you want your HE to pen. Furthermore, you should shoot AP at broadside targets, specially destroyers, you'll melt them.

Members
5 posts
3,127 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

100 mm HE cannot hurt anything with armor thicker than 16mm.

That seems a bit ridiculous to me...a tier 8 DD cant damage another DD ? The BB's were already damaged...I was hardly the first to shoot at them...so the armor shouldn't be at full strength. Seriously...why even have the guns if they can't even damage another DD ?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,189 posts
12,700 battles
10 minutes ago, Dorsai said:

so the armor shouldn't be at full strength.

That is not a mechanic in the game.

Use AP or IFHE.

As for it not making sense, how much damage do you think a firecracker is going to do against a thick armor plate?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
3 minutes ago, Dorsai said:

That seems a bit ridiculous to me...a tier 8 DD cant damage another DD ? The BB's were already damaged...I was hardly the first to shoot at them...so the armor shouldn't be at full strength. Seriously...why even have the guns if they can't even damage another DD ?

You might want to read some of the older Akizuki posts from when the IJN DD line split; this issue was discussed in length, in detail, in the forum, and unto death. Seriously, there are a lot of posts on this in the Forum history. One of them is mine and in it I complain (whine like a little girl) about the exact same thing.

Use IFHE, and recover your fire percentage by taking DE. Aim for superstructure; no matter what ship it is you will do damage.

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,242 battles

TKD may not be the nicest commentator; but is essentially correct.

Until I finally could afford to pick up IFHE as a second level four skill, just about all I ever fired from Akizuki was AP; MAD'd a Gearing with it, and gave German BBs screaming, salty fits firing OWSF before that was nerfed, so the AP does work.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Use IFHE, and recover your fire percentage by taking DE. Aim for superstructure; no matter what ship it is you will do damage.

Now with the buff for low caliber guns, only the flags are needed, you technically don't even need DE on her if you don't want to. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

Now with the buff for low caliber guns, only the flags are needed, you technically don't even need DE on her if you don't want to. 

That is absolutely correct, every word of it; but I like to maximize my fire chances as much as I can because it is a powerful tool.

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

That is absolutely correct, every word of it; but I like to maximize my fire chances as much as I can because it is a powerful tool.

I personally have BFT and am debating on either SI or SE for my other T3 skill.

Members
6,908 posts
7,508 battles
25 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

TKD may not be the nicest commentator; but is essentially correct.

Snark is what I do best. It's a personality flaw that I just can't seem to rectify.

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,945 battles

You need IFHE to even damage most superstructures. 1/6 100mm is lower than 19mm of the superstructure armor.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

I personally have BFT and am debating on either SI or SE for my other T3 skill.

Superintendent I can see; just for starters it can help you NOT run premium consumables. Survivability Expert I haven't used since we had the ORIGINAL Captain's skills, many, many patches ago.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
4 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Snark is what I do best. It's a personality flaw that I just can't seem to rectify.

I'm sorry; I'm a bad man; I just could not stop myself; I apologize right now, but

are you seriously telling me you cannot rectify your analness? (I can't even write puns like this!)

Yes, it's true, I need professional help.

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
5 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Superintendent I can see; just for starters it can help you NOT run premium consumables. Survivability Expert I haven't used since we had the ORIGINAL Captain's skills, many, many patches ago.

Hmm, perhaps. I have run out of torp reload boosters, smokes, and boosts before. Funnily enough it was my best Akizuki game yet. :cap_cool:

Members
6,908 posts
7,508 battles
13 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I'm sorry; I'm a bad man; I just could not stop myself; I apologize right now, but

are you seriously telling me you cannot rectify your analness? (I can't even write puns like this!)

Yes, it's true, I need professional help.

:Smile_trollface: