You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LoneStormchaser

ReShade & Population

21 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,482 battles

Server population might be small compared to WoT or whatever but 200 banned players, most of whom were reinstated within a day, isn't enough to show up on the server totals.

[-V-]
Members
803 posts
3,638 battles
22 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

Server population might be small compared to WoT or whatever but 200 banned players, most of whom were reinstated within a day, isn't enough to show up on the server totals.

Why would you bring up Tanks? Has nothing to do with WarShips. Hiding something? Or maybe, you don't want to admit that players were cheating? And btw, it was a lot more than 200 players that got a ban, though temporarily it may have been.

Reshade used a source code that enabled players to im-put a code inside of ReShade, which got by the programmers.

Let's see where this leads.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,434 battles
14 minutes ago, LoneStormchaser said:

Why would you bring up Tanks? Has nothing to do with WarShips. Hiding something? Or maybe, you don't want to admit that players were cheating? And btw, it was a lot more than 200 players that got a ban, though temporarily it may have been.

Reshade used a source code that enabled players to im-put a code inside of ReShade, which got by the programmers.

[-V-]
Members
803 posts
3,638 battles

Quote from Sub-Octavian'

Just out of curiosity how many of the bans last week were actual real cheaters and how many false flags because of reshade?

[–]Sub_Octavian[S]

10-15% were innocent Reshade users, depending on realm.

[–]Sriverfx

Thank you for the reply. And holy crapso many people used unfair tools? I will miss reshade but under these circumstances I now understand why you WG had to do it.

You can find it here on Reddit.

[OPGS]
Members
50 posts
13,652 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Currently it says 8696 players.

Which is normal for the time of day.. doesnt hit over 10k until all timezones hit about 5ish

Members
32 posts
823 battles
9 hours ago, LoneStormchaser said:

Quote from Sub-Octavian'

Just out of curiosity how many of the bans last week were actual real cheaters and how many false flags because of reshade?

[–]Sub_Octavian[S]

10-15% were innocent Reshade users, depending on realm.

[–]Sriverfx

Thank you for the reply. And holy crapso many people used unfair tools? I will miss reshade but under these circumstances I now understand why you WG had to do it.

You can find it here on Reddit.

Yeah I'm sorry I just don't buy the 10%-15% line. My guess is that the false positives were much more numerous than that. I also find it curious that the NA server is the only server to apply this ban. if it was as widespread as 85% to 90% of the banned players exploiting ReShade or using code similar to ReShade I would think there would be a red alert to all the other servers . But I've found nothing, not on the SEA server, the Russian server or the European server. If someone can show me that then I'll be able to take Sub_Octavian at his word. He really seems like a good guy but something is not adding up here. I'd encourage other people to do some looking on there own.

Just an update, I asked Sub_Octavian about what was being done concerning other servers and He said that ReShade is going to be banned across the board meaning the NA, European, Russian and SEA servers will all ban the mod. 

Now as far as the original OP's question, I read on the Reddit thread that around 1% of the overall server population was using some type of exploit. Now if this is true and if stats.wotapi.ru, "a website that shows population statistics for WoWs servers"

is correct that would mean that 1% of the peak total (around) 13,000  would have received bans which comes out to 130 people. So that's pretty much a drop in the bucket even for a small server like NA.

Edited by Broonsie

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,482 battles
15 hours ago, LoneStormchaser said:

Hiding something?  Like what?  All I was saying is that 200-ish players is statistically insignificant even to a smaller playerbase like WoWs and that this ban shouldn't affect server population to any noticeable degree.  Frankly, you could ban 1000 players and it'd barely be noticeable as probably only 250 of those players would've been online at the same time anyway.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
16 hours ago, LoneStormchaser said:

Since the bans were instituted on players, anybody notice a drop in the server population?

Nope.

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
11,405 battles

0-15% were innocent Reshade users, depending on realm.

Explains why some are so vocal about using this "mod".

Whatever will they do without their confetti shots!? Game is completely unplayable now!!! Reeeeeee! Waaaaah!...lol.  good riddance. 

Edited by Megrim3

[NMKJT]
Members
2,720 posts
10 minutes ago, Megrim3 said:

Whatever will they do without their confetti shots!? Game is completely unplayable now...lol.  good riddance. 

Confetti shots still there.

A lot of people used Reshade to get post processor anti aliasing, and eliminate the pixalization of lines and cables and similar items, especially a ships rigging. 

TLDR game looks like poodoo now

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,387 posts
3,875 battles
1 hour ago, Megrim3 said:

Whatever will they do without their confetti shots!? Game is completely unplayable now!!! Reeeeeee! Waaaaah!...lol.  good riddance. 

I love the "Guilty until proven innocent" philosophy that the loudest idiots on this forum love to subscribe to.

Makes it easy to identify the real toxic players around here.

Members
150 posts
2,332 battles
54 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

Confetti shots still there.

A lot of people used Reshade to get post processor anti aliasing, and eliminate the pixalization of lines and cables and similar items, especially a ships rigging. 

TLDR game looks like poodoo now

Which is what all the purists want. Just look at howthey reacted to the ARP and HSF promotions.

On a completely unrelated note, why was this only a problem on the NA server?

Edited by Drago_Ryder

[NMKJT]
Members
2,720 posts
53 minutes ago, Drago_Ryder said:

Which is what all the purists want. Just look at howthey reacted to the ARP and HSF promotions.

On a completely unrelated note, why was this only a problem on the NA server?

They simply did NA first, the others will get it too

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
11,405 battles
1 hour ago, AraAragami said:

I love the "Guilty until proven innocent" philosophy that the loudest idiots on this forum love to subscribe to.

Makes it easy to identify the real toxic players around here.

Go ahead and keep embarrassing yourself. Showing your true character by empty slanderous remarks. The developers and the majority of the players on here are on my side. ...clearly. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,387 posts
3,875 battles
Just now, Megrim3 said:

Go ahead and keep embarrassing yourself. Showing your true character by empty slanderous remarks. The developers and the majority of the players on here are on my side. ...clearly. 

You'll get far in life accusing everyone who disagrees with you of cheating.

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
11,405 battles
38 minutes ago, AraAragami said:
38 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

You'll get far in life accusing everyone who disagrees with you of cheating.

Which never happened. I didn't even acusse you of such a thing. But why would you think I was. All I ever said was that this had the potential for this to happen and this is why it should be banned.  

And so you know

far from graphical customization. With our anti-cheat system evolving, people who don't want to play fair (unfortunately) will seek any loophole to exploit, including this one.

Did this mean sub o is acussing you of cheating? Hardly.  Why would you think he was? 

As if I know which people are using mods as an advantageous cheat. Yet it does happen. 

If you were not using reshade as a cheat, great. But if you are its your quilty concience not mine. 

Edited by Megrim3

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,387 posts
3,875 battles

5 minutes ago, Megrim3 said:

Which never happened. I didn't even acusse you of such a thing. But why would you think I was. All I ever said was that this had the potential for this to happen and this is why it should be banned. 

Because you've been making that lame-brained accusation since this whole fiasco started. "Anyone who's upset about this is OBVIOUSLY a cheater who is only upset that they got caught cheating!"

I can't be bothered to dig out and quote the exact post, but that's all I've gotten out of you. Including several paraphrased versions right here.

Mix in the assumption that anyone who mods anything ever is also a cheater, and you can understand why everyone with a brain here thinks you're full of it.

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
11,405 battles
2 hours ago, AraAragami said:

Because you've been making that lame-brained accusation since this whole fiasco started. "Anyone who's upset about this is OBVIOUSLY a cheater who is only upset that they got caught cheating!"

I can't be bothered to dig out and quote the exact post, but that's all I've gotten out of you. Including several paraphrased versions right here.

Mix in the assumption that anyone who mods anything ever is also a cheater, and you can understand why everyone with a brain here thinks you're full of it.

Find a post where I specifically called YOU a cheater.  Go ahead. .I'm waiting. As you said that I call everyone who disagrees with me a cheater. I disagree with you. ..find me the post where I called you a cheater.

Find a post where I said if someone is using a mod is obviously a cheater. 

Find a post where I said all mods users are cheating. Find a post where I said they were all caught cheating.  Your making all this stuff up. 

What I said was that mods can provide advantages. Therefore to insure fair play I requested that they either be included into the game client or banned. Its you that took that as a personal attack on you. And for some reason you took it upon yourself to defend the mod. As it turns out, these mods were not exclusively being used as visual enhancements, and subsequently banned to prevent something that I have been saying has been going on. Turns out there was truth to my words. You hate me for it? Why? 

This reshade ban was to insure fair play.  You don't want that? 

Edited by Megrim3