You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bsbr

Montana is overperforming

127 comments in this topic

Members
171 posts

This is the performance of T10 BBs.

ST, Conqueror and Lion balancing

As the British battleships were introduced quite recently, a simple comparison to older branches doesn't make too much sense. Current Conqueror and Lion population hasn't quite stabilized yet. Therefore we analyzed the statistics of Conqueror owners compared to their appropriate numbers with Yamato, Montana and Grosser Kurfürst.

Average damage (in hit points):...
Conqueror: 108 254
Montana: 97 142
Yamato: 95 917
G.K.: 91 981

Average damage (in HP %):
Conqueror: 161,49 (47,3 against cruisers, 96,2 against battleships, 15,8 against destroyers)
Montana: 162,25 (70,8 against cruisers, 71,7 against battleships, 16,9 against destroyers)
Yamato: 153,07 (60,9 against cruisers, 76,6 against battleships, 13,6 against destroyers)
G.K.: 155,45 (66,2 against cruisers, 71,7 against battleships, 16,9 against destroyers)

Average number of ships destroyed:
Conqueror: 0,93
Montana: 1,09
Yamato: 0,95
G.K.: 1,00

Average survival rate:
Conqueror: 52%
Montana: 45%
Yamato: 40%
G.K.: 40%

Average win rate:
Conqueror: 52%
Montana: 54%
Yamato: 52%
G.K.: 53%

Average lifetime (in minutes):
Conqueror: 12,46
Montana: 11,84
Yamato: 11,51
G.K.: 11,35

Everyone can see that except for Conqueror, Montana is doing better than all other tier 10 BBs. This is the proof needed to show why the Montana should be nerfed. Just revert the ridiculous citadel lowering and the Montana might be balanced. Raise the retarded Iowa citadel too because right now that ship can go broadside and not be punished.

• Cool 1

Members
650 posts
1,632 battles

I'm sorry, I'm not convinced. Can you find the website of some crank with a degree in alternative medicine to cite in support of your position?

• Cool 1

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,725 posts
7,698 battles

Sorry I must be dense because I dont really follow. Are you saying that a ship needs to be nerfed only because its better than others? What happens if the Montana then gets nerfed? Do you nerf the next best tier 10 BB? Wouldnt that just create a constant spiral of nerfs? 

• Cool 10

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles

The Montana does a tiny amount of better damage thanks to being the best BB against Cruisers which don't have a ton of armor that can stop it, but it's the worst against other BBs.

Also, if you can't citadel a broadside Iowa or Montana that's your fault. It's not German or British, the citadel is easy to strike, but not quite as easy as before where a single 9 gun salvo would delete any Tier 9+ USN BB that gave broadside to retreat with 6 cits easy.

• Cool 1

Members
650 posts
1,632 battles
7 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

Sorry I must be dense because I dont really follow. Are you saying that a ship needs to be nerfed only because its better than others? What happens if the Montana then gets nerfed? Do you nerf the next best tier 10 BB? Wouldnt that just create a constant spiral of nerfs? 

There's no point in trying to apply logic when responding to a person so shamelessly and completely given over to motivated reasoning.

5 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

And a few months ago people were complaining that Montana was underpowered...

@bsbr will consider the Iowa and Montana overpowered so long as the Yamato can't detonate them instantly simply by looking in their general direction. 

Edited by Middcore

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I brought popcorn! :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 2

Members
171 posts
12 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

Montana and Iowa buff was COMPLETELY UNECESSARY. They were some of the strongest tier 9 and 10 ships and didn't need anything. NONE. All the lower citadel gives is braindead gameplay and let broadside USN BB go unpunished. It's so common its disgusting. The buffs made Montana the best BB except for Conqueror for no reason than to appeal to USN mouthbreathers.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, bsbr said:

Montana and Iowa buff was COMPLETELY UNECESSARY. They were some of the strongest tier 9 and 10 ships and didn't need anything. NONE. All the lower citadel gives is braindead gameplay and let broadside USN BB go unpunished. It's so common its disgusting. The buffs made Montana the best BB except for Conqueror for no reason than to appeal to USN mouthbreathers.

I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over all our amazing freedom.

• Cool 9

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
3 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

Data quoted without a citation is not data; it's opinion.  Totally disregarded.

This data was pulled straight from the dev blog. Anyone who can read would have noticed it’s been posted on this forum multiple times over the last 2 days. He quoted it word for word.

Edited by renegadestatuz

Members
150 posts
2,332 battles

I think you forgot to replace Montana with Conqueror, because the only thing the latter places first in is win rate.

Edited by Drago_Ryder

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
2 minutes ago, bsbr said:

Right....because the research and architectural archive data found that showed it was too high was just fake news right? Also the Montana is not overperforming at all as @Edgecase shows here.

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,725 posts
7,698 battles
6 minutes ago, bsbr said:

Maybe you meant to respond to someone else, your comment really has nothing to do with my questions and they still remain unanswered. 

Members
171 posts
2 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Right....because the research and architectural archive data found that showed it was too high was just fake news right? Also the Montana is not overperforming at all as @Edgecase shows here.

But Yamato gets high citadel even though her citadel is underwater in real life? How about Iowa design foolishly putting secondary ammo above the waterline but get ahistorically removed?

Members
650 posts
1,632 battles
8 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

This data was pulled straight from the dev blog. Anyone who can read would have noticed it’s been posted on this forum multiple times over the last 2 days. He quoted it word for word.

Arguably this is a step up from copy-and-pasting random hobbyist blogs and Axis History forum posters.

Of course, the post was actually all about the Conqueror over-performing. And he even has to keep saying "except the Conqueror" when he claims the Montana is too strong.

And yet he's not complaining about the Conqueror. While everybody else has been debating whether the Conqueror is OP or not in multiple threads for weeks, not a single post from him on the topic that I've seen. 

Kinda weird, right? Almost like this isn't actually about balance at all, it's just part of some sort of personal vendetta he has against Iowa/Missouri/Montana

But that couldn't be. I'm sure if we look at his profile we won't discover that 2/3rds of his created topics are ranting about those ships.

*Click*

Oh...

Oh my. 

Edited by Middcore
  • Cool 4

Members
171 posts
3 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

Maybe you meant to respond to someone else, your comment really has nothing to do with my questions and they still remain unanswered. 

Montana won't be outperforming other T10 BBs without that huge and completely unnecessary citadel buff.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,842 posts
1,328 battles
18 minutes ago, Middcore said:

There's no point in trying to apply logic when responding to a person so shamelessly and completely given over to motivated reasoning.

@bsbr will consider the Iowa and Montana overpowered so long as the Yamato can't detonate them instantly simply by looking in their general direction. 

Yeah, bsbr thread.  Nothing to see here.  Please disperse.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
2 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

It's just a weeboo that thinks Yamatomato should be the best T10 BB by miles like it used to be.  He can be safely ignored.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,842 posts
1,328 battles
Just now, Middcore said:

Kinda weird, right? Almost like this is some sort of personal vendetta he has against Iowa/Missouri/Montana

Perhaps a vendetta against the USN, who in the past dared to sink Japanese ships?

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
Just now, bsbr said:

But Yamato gets high citadel even though her citadel is underwater in real life? How about Iowa design foolishly putting secondary ammo above the waterline but get ahistorically removed?

It was removed because A) the model was wrong and B) She, Iowa and Missouri were the only ships that had the secondary ammunition storage considered part of the citadel in-game so it was removed since it made no sense, like the German secondaries nerf.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
10 minutes ago, bsbr said:

I would also like to point out that Yamato has 400+ mm of side armor to shatter and bounce shells even broadside on. Montana, Iowa and Missouri? Yah....not so much.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
11 minutes ago, bsbr said:

But Yamato gets high citadel even though her citadel is underwater in real life?

The Yamato's citadel is underwater in real life cause shes sitting on the bottom of the sea floor. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Cool 12

Members
171 posts
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

I would also like to point out that Yamato has 400+ mm of side armor to shatter and bounce shells even broadside on. Montana, Iowa and Missouri? Yah....not so much.

Montana armor is only 1 mm thinner but gets lowered citadel? Are you serious?