You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
del1028038711

Huge bug with Torps?

29 comments in this topic

Members
18 posts

I am getting hit by torps that I never see or get a warning from. I was sitting there and boom no red marks in the water no warning etc. After the game the damage was in fact done by a torp. This is ONLY happening against NPC ships and not player ships (least from what I can tell) 

Is this a known bug?  Cause i am getting tired of dieing to torps I never see or hear.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,287 posts
12,830 battles

Please provide replay.

[WAG]
Beta Testers
680 posts
5,559 battles

where they launched by aircraft? that is the only time i dont get warnings for torpedoes is cause they activate with 0 warning if launched close enouph.

[YORHA]
Members
3,361 posts
15 minutes ago, GX9900A said:

where they launched by aircraft? that is the only time i dont get warnings for torpedoes is cause they activate with 0 warning if launched close enouph.

This and after only 30 PVP battles I suggest your situational awareness is not quite there yet.  In the heat of battle it is very easy to have information overload even after 1,000s of games.  Early on it is almost impossible to keep track of everything.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,543 posts
2,154 battles

Deep water torps being tested?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,287 posts
12,830 battles
9 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Deep water torps being tested?

DW torps do have a spotting distance and do give a warning when they're spotted.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,543 posts
2,154 battles
Just now, Lert said:

DW torps do have a spotting distance and do give a warning when they're spotted.

But not much of one. He could have missed the short warning you get. However, if it happens repeatedly, then probably something else going one.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,287 posts
12,830 battles
Just now, AJTP89 said:

But not much of one. He could have missed the short warning you get. However, if it happens repeatedly, then probably something else going one.

Hence me asking for a replay. As usual. And none has materialized. As usual.

Why do people expect we can solve every issue after a vague description without being able to see the event for ourselves?

[YORHA]
Members
3,361 posts

Again... note the number of battles played.

Against bots.

Edited by JCC45

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
20 minutes ago, Lert said:

Why do people expect we can solve every issue after a vague description without being able to see the event for ourselves?

1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

:Smile_great:

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles
18 minutes ago, Lert said:

Problem lies in not everyone has replays enabled.  And if it is an intermittent one it might be an unknown amount of time before another circumstance happens.  I would guess the OP might be looking to see if the community might have some confirmation on it.

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles
3 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Against bots.

Number of battles in this circumstance is meaningless as if it was a failure of the warning feature, that is not skill based.  Perhaps it might be software/hardware/driver issue where an outdated sound card did not add yet another sound to the mix.  (Shrug)  I personally have not encountered anything like this.

Beta Testers
1,256 posts
8,155 battles

The OP DID mention it's the AI ships' torps he's seeing it with, ie, co-op.    His PvP experience isn't exactly relevant.   

To be honest, been playing since beta, still don't know how to activate replays.

[YORHA]
Members
3,361 posts
Just now, Hystarr said:

Number of battles in this circumstance is meaningless as if it was a failure of the warning feature, that is not skill based.  Perhaps it might be software/hardware/driver issue where an outdated sound card did not add yet another sound to the mix.  (Shrug)  I personally have not encountered anything like this.

And neither has anyone else so the logical conclusion is that it is a PICNIC.

Problem In Chair, Not In Computer.

[YORHA]
Members
3,361 posts
1 minute ago, Nukelavee45 said:

The OP DID mention it's the AI ships' torps he's seeing it with, ie, co-op.    His PvP experience isn't exactly relevant.   

To be honest, been playing since beta, still don't know how to activate replays.

He has no PVP experience.  Who said he did?

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles
3 minutes ago, Nukelavee45 said:

There is a couple changes WG walks you through to do it to one of the files, or you can D/L Aslains or similar.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,287 posts
12,830 battles
12 minutes ago, Hystarr said:

Problem lies in not everyone has replays enabled.

And the reason for that is WG's - .... Less-than-'inspired' implementation of replays. Still, the information on how to enable replays is out there.

• Cool 1

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles
4 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

And neither has anyone else so the logical conclusion is that it is a PICNIC.

Problem In Chair, Not In Computer.

AnimaL21 said he had it once and thought perhaps desync.  Perhaps asking OP about lag and packet loss might be more constructive to a new player rather than outright dismissing them as an incompetent newb.  As a Beta testers I had nearly 5k battles and my 6k battles does not make my opinion/intelligence/gamesmanship 3 times yours.

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

And the reason for that is WG's - .... Less-than-'inspired' implementation of replays. Still, the information on how to enable replays is out there.

Yeah, unfortunately you are right about uninspired.  Taking the stance of telling the community how to do it in a post that gets buried or lost.  Could have added the same line of text in the game code and done a Micro update, and added a toggle in the settings page to on/off for recording replays.  I have no programming experience, but I would think that it would not be a 2 year ordeal...just saying.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,287 posts
12,830 battles

I think the problem is more that replays are still buggy, and they don't want to 'officially' implement a slightly buggy feature. Why it's taken them two years and it's still buggy I don't know.

• Cool 1

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

I think the problem is more that replays are still buggy, and they don't want to 'officially' implement a slightly buggy feature. Why it's taken them two years and it's still buggy I don't know.

Man you keep getting my +1's...have another one.

[YORHA]
Members
3,361 posts
12 minutes ago, Hystarr said:

AnimaL21 said he had it once and thought perhaps desync.  Perhaps asking OP about lag and packet loss might be more constructive to a new player rather than outright dismissing them as an incompetent newb.  As a Beta testers I had nearly 5k battles and my 6k battles does not make my opinion/intelligence/gamesmanship 3 times yours.

Look.. I understand reading is difficult what with all those words and commas and stuff and it really delays your  chance to jump in to show everybody that you are the smartest guy in the room, but if you don't bother even trying to read the thread you may just end up looking like a [edited].

So to that end please enlighten me on how "after only 30 PVP battles I suggest your situational awareness is not quite there yet.  In the heat of battle it is very easy to have information overload even after 1,000s of games.  Early on it is almost impossible to keep track of everything." is  "outright  dismissing them as an incompetent newb."

Too bad they didn't teach reading comprehension during the Beta Test you are so very proud of.

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles

JCC.  I may have oversimplified it and exaggerated it to make a point.  However, what I was saying is if they had an actual issue rather than "oops I didn't notice that" we should attempt to troubleshoot with the OP, or perhaps redirect them to a more appropriate thread location like:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/124-support/

Or any of its sub-folders. I should have suggested that sooner.  My apologies OP.