You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gonowgetdown

Zao or Yamato for Yamamoto?

31 comments in this topic

[PRSR-]
Members
176 posts
6,239 battles

Which do you guys think and why? 
I have gotten Krakens in my Yamato but never my Zao. That said, I rarely play Yamato anymore now that the Montana has been buffed to its supremacy. 

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,146 battles

I don't have Zao, so Yamato will have to do. I do put Yamamoto into other ships, Mikasa is hilarious, as is Ishizuchi. A couple of time I have seen red tracers from the Atago and a couple of the ARP ships, which looks cool. 

[BLUE_]
Members
399 posts
14,355 battles

The ship which is most likely for u to get a kraken, first blood and where a 15-point captain is more needed. :cap_like:

Edited by Cpt_JM_Nascimento

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
438 posts
18,701 battles

I will place him in my Zao since I use it more then my Yamato. 

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,329 battles

He is going in my Umikaze and free/elitexp'd to lvl 19 as soon as I complete the 5th mission.  

Will also see regular use in Kami/KamiR/Fujin. 

Edited by AnimaL21

[DAKI]
Members
627 posts
6,383 battles
6 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

He is going in my Umikaze and free/elitexp'd to lvl 19 as soon as I complete the 5th mission.  

you evil fiend!

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,329 battles
5 minutes ago, awildpervert said:

you evil fiend!

Why?  Because 13 sec reload on the torps with AR fully kicked in after a kraken.   Should help immensely with those 7-8 kill games.  

And around 25 seconds reload on kami :D 

Edited by AnimaL21

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles
15 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

Why?  Because 13 sec reload on the torps with AR fully kicked in after a kraken.   Should help immensely with those 7-8 kill games.  

Only 5 seconds off reload for Kamikaze R? Thought it would be 9....

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,916 battles
21 minutes ago, awildpervert said:

you evil fiend!

Lol ;  him ?  I am planning on putting him in the Hashidate ! Right after I get him he will be bumped up to 19 points and since that is the ship he is trained for ; well . I will probably also use him in the Tachibanna and Kamikaze 'R' .  I can almost see the new players reactions when they see the fireworks !!!!!

:cap_haloween: 

[DAKI]
Members
627 posts
6,383 battles
6 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Lol ;  him ?  I am planning on putting him in the Hashidate ! Right after I get him he will be bumped up to 19 points and since that is the ship he is trained for ; well . I will probably also use him in the Tachibanna and Kamikaze 'R' .  I can almost see the new players reactions when they see the fireworks !!!!!

:cap_haloween: 

lol noice, sucks i just now started the missions too late since i only play one line most of the time ;-;

• Cool 1

[D12]
[D12]
3,083 posts
8,964 battles
47 minutes ago, Hystarr said:

Kamikaze R?  :cap_haloween:

Fujin!

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
3,981 posts
9,916 battles
9 minutes ago, awildpervert said:

lol noice, sucks i just now started the missions too late since i only play one line most of the time ;-;

It is a permanent campaign so you can not start it to late . Just get it done when you can . I just started the last mission my self .

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles
3 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

Fujin!

Unfortunately no Fujin for me.  Damn you ship Nazi!!

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,146 battles

I did save the 970000 Commander XP to put him at 19pts. Not being a great player I have not seen much fireworks yet, but the tracers are fun. 

[D12]
[D12]
3,083 posts
8,964 battles
4 hours ago, Hystarr said:

Unfortunately no Fujin for me.  Damn you ship Nazi!!

I have way to many games in it not to use that guy there to at least level him up!

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,329 battles
16 hours ago, Hystarr said:

Only 5 seconds off reload for Kamikaze R? Thought it would be 9....

I was adding in AR and BFT and the eventual kraken bonus.  42 is stock.  25ish should be about right when HP is real low.   Who can dodge a pair of torps coming every 8 seconds indefinitely?   Again, once you get that kraken, getting to 6,7 or 8 kills is more limited by the number of fools left to shoot at, than the difficulty in hitting them.  

I have all 3 Kami sisters :)  So he will make that first win bonus 4x times daily. 

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles
1 hour ago, AnimaL21 said:

I was adding in AR and BFT and the eventual kraken bonus.  42 is stock.  25ish should be about right when HP is real low.   Who can dodge a pair of torps coming every 8 seconds indefinitely?   Again, once you get that kraken, getting to 6,7 or 8 kills is more limited by the number of fools left to shoot at, than the difficulty in hitting them.  

I have all 3 Kami sisters :)  So he will make that first win bonus 4x times daily. 

Hmnnn....my torps are a 30 sec reload at the moment...

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,721 battles

The first blood added consumables are useful but you have to think about an extra heal, especially if you're already using premium consumables and superintendent. In the course of a battle are you really going to have recoverable hitpoints to use that additional heal?  Just because you're not at full health doesn't mean you'll have any recoverable hitpoints to get back.  The diminishing returns I believe are too great for the captain to be used on a Zao or Yamato.  Speed and smoke consumables however can be used more liberally and you can take more advantage of them in my opinion.  Plus it's often easier to get first blood in a low - mid tier DD.

Notice I'm not mentioning the reload bonus for Kraken.  Krakens are extremely rare to begin with, and when you do get them, very many times that last 5th kill ended the match so the amount of time you'd spend in game with that reload bonus due to those two combined factors is virtually zero.  Unless you're some super duper unicum that gets krakens with their eyes closed, which I'd imagine is less than 1% of the player base.  And most of those would likely be Hakuryu players who also very often get first blood (although carriers benefit the least from the added consumables).

The only downside to putting it in a ship like the Kamikaze R for example is the fact that you won't be using the guns as often as you would in a Zao or Yamato and if you play mostly high tier, you may not get to enjoy the self-serving satisfaction associated with everyone seeing the tracers, you know, the "Look at me" factor.  Which is important to some people.

Showing off is of no value to me (contrary to what some forum trolls think) so it will likely be going into my Kamikaze R.  Mostly because for some odd reason, I think while having a brain fart I accidentally deleted the captain many months ago (dismissing him instead of sending him to reserves) and had to start over with a level 1.

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
18 hours ago, AnimaL21 said:

IMG_9031.PNG.3e849be0fd469a8eb53630c8d363d13a.PNG

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
19 hours ago, LancerUlysses said:

I don't have Zao, so Yamato will have to do. I do put Yamamoto into other ships, Mikasa is hilarious, as is Ishizuchi. A couple of time I have seen red tracers from the Atago and a couple of the ARP ships, which looks cool. 

Yeah red tracers and fireworks would look awesome on ARP ships.

Personally If Yamamoto does not go on Yamato I am very much considering using him on various Cruisers since many of the IJN Cruisers are good. I tend to get 1st blood in them a lot thanks to encountering enemy DDs and then blowing them out of the water lol.

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,329 battles
54 minutes ago, VGLance said:

it will likely be going into my Kamikaze R.  

He can go in any Kami variant, any time.  But what OTHER ship will you actually specialize him for?   

18 hours ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

I am planning on putting him in the Hashidate

And they called ME evil :)  LOVE IT!   Only downside is you kinda waste the First blood consumables.  At least on Umi I get an extra smoke and an extra boost.  

1 hour ago, Hystarr said:

Hmnnn....my torps are a 30 sec reload at the moment...

I was rounding up because its hard to get at next-to-nothing for AR to become fully active.  It would be lower than 25 if my math is right, and if you really had like 10hp left.  

• Cool 1

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,329 battles

If I did my math right... A yamamoto powered akizuki, post kraken, with AR and BFT, would have a main battery reload time of just over a second when at low health.  What a firehose that could be. 

Edited by AnimaL21

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,721 battles
1 minute ago, AnimaL21 said:

He can go in any Kami variant, any time.  But what OTHER ship will you actually specialize him for?   

I rarely swap captains, I usually have a dedicated captain even in my premiums because I have a custom build used specifically for that ship.  Higher tier IJN DDs play far too differently than the KamR such that I'd be using different captain skills.  The other reason, and I'm not alone on this, is that the IJN DDs have been beaten with the nerf bat so badly that there's no point in going past the KamR.  Why would I when I own a Fletcher?

The other reason is the tediousness of swapping captains when you also have to deal with flags.  I personally enjoy just selecting the ship and launching.