You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
iofhua

Harekaze camo

11 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
73 battles

I sold my Harekaze (I learned that I really, really hate destroyers) and it said it kept the camo when I sold it. But when I look at camo for other ships, the harekaze camo isn't available. Can that camo only be used for the Harekaze? If so, what's the point of holding on to the camo?

I would love to put that camo on another ship. I like the anime captain that came with it, and I plan to put her in the furutaka when I unlock it. Would love to have that camo on it too. Sadface if this isn't possible.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Only on that ship. Keeping premium camo is a normal thing so if you buy premium camo for a tech tree ship, and sell the ship, it'll be back when you buy it back again. 

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,789 battles

@iofhua, it takes many matches to really learn WoWs. Each ship type and class play a little different from one another as do the different nations.

My suggestion: do not buy or sell anything until you have several tier IV or V ships. Try BBs, try DDs, try cruisers, even try CVs. You will learn a lot by playing which will inform future purchases.

As to your specific question: Sadface, the camo is for the specific ships only.

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
563 posts
5,209 battles

As Big_Lou stated don't buy or sell anything until you get halfway up a line or two, or however many of the lines you wanna do. But one thing that I can say and I'm sure a lot of people will agree with, regardless, if you bought a premium ship with real money, don't sell them. I understand that you didn't like it, but you might find out after you get more battles that you like playing destroyers and now the only way to get it back is either submitting a support ticket to WG, or buying it again.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,245 posts
17,255 battles
19 minutes ago, Panic512 said:

As Big_Lou stated don't buy or sell anything until you get halfway up a line or two, or however many of the lines you wanna do. But one thing that I can say and I'm sure a lot of people will agree with, regardless, if you bought a premium ship with real money, don't sell them. I understand that you didn't like it, but you might find out after you get more battles that you like playing destroyers and now the only way to get it back is either submitting a support ticket to WG, or buying it again.

What Guy Fawkes said; I second it.

Never; NEVER, NEVER, sell something you bought with real money. It's too much trouble to get back with a ticket, (no matter how easy that might actually be,) and if you can't get it back that way and want it again, you'll have to spend real money again to do so. (If you can't get it back with a ticket, and it's no longer in the shop, Imperator Nickoli and Gremyashy for example, you are screwed.)

Additionally; never; NEVER, NEVER, sell something you got for free; NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU MAY SUCK WITH IT. (Mikasa is absolutely dreadful in Randoms; but with the dedicated captain I gave it is a blast to use in Co-op.)

Maybe you'll want to try it out or play it again some day; and no matter what discount might happen to be offered at that time, FREE is always cheaper.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles
52 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Never; NEVER, NEVER, sell something you bought with real money. ...  Additionally; never; NEVER, NEVER, sell something you got for free; NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU MAY SUCK WITH IT. ...  Maybe you'll want to try it out or play it again some day; and no matter what discount might happen to be offered at that time, FREE is always cheaper.

I don't always agree with Estimated_Prophet, but when I do, I give an upvote.  Stay afloat, my friends.

Levity aside, iofhua, I *strongly* recommend that you file a support ticket through customer service and ask to get Harekaze back.  If you were anywhere close to me, I'd drive over there and walk you through it myself.  You haven't played nearly enough to know what you'll end up liking or being good at.  It doesn't hurt anything to have that ship sitting in port until the day you decide you want to try it again.  Even if you never learn to like DDs, you might find times where you need one to complete certain missions, so it could at least be useful for that.

Also, and please do not take this the wrong way, I'm mentioning this to be helpful.  If the forum is accurate, you've got less than 100 battles played.  You really should not be buying high-tier premiums and trying to play them.  This game might seem simple, but it takes a *lot* of games to become proficient enough that you aren't handicapping your team.  I always counsel new players to take their time, play up through several lines at the lower tiers and get to know the game, learn how to read the battle and be effective.  Jumping ahead to high tier play by purchasing premium ships when you are so inexperienced is a recipe for frustration.  That's probably a very large reason why you aren't happy with Harekaze to begin with.  At that tier with your experience level, you would have a hard time making any kind of meaningful contribution to a match.

This doesn't mean you can't experiment with high tiers in co-op play (though a DD in co-op is another problem, as the AI loves to kill destroyers and will focus on you mercilessly) but for now the bulk of your matches should be in the lower tiers.

Edited by kerensky914
  • Cool 2

[5IN]
Members
67 posts
13,966 battles

All good advice in this thread (so far anyway), I'd recommend not playing any premium ship in random games that you haven't gotten to its tier with a tech tree ship yet. It's just not going to be very fun for you or your team. Co-op.... sure enjoy.

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,079 posts
8,964 battles

That ship is a hit and miss. You will have bad games. But its premium so you will make money.

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,309 battles

I swear by the 100mm AP.  Smoke it up and pummel battleship superstructures for 1100-1600 per volley even at 10km.    If they charge your smoke, loltorp them

Like they said, it doesn't cost you to keep it around.  I would put in a ticket to have it restored to your port until you know more of the game to make a decision whether you like it or not.  

Members
603 posts
7,089 battles
1 hour ago, AnimaL21 said:

I swear by the 100mm AP.  Smoke it up and pummel battleship superstructures for 1100-1600 per volley even at 10km.    If they charge your smoke, loltorp them

the max range on this ship is only 9.4km unless you spec AFT tho.......

back to the topic.......the premium camo only fit on this ship and you CANNOT put the camo on other ship.

again, just like other said. NEVER sell stuff you bought with real money or free.

*I started the game with cruiser and battleship, and I didn't even think I would play destroyer. Guess what ? now I play destroyer the most and have the highest win rate and highest WTR in them

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,309 battles
20 minutes ago, SkyRail said:

the max range on this ship is only 9.4km unless you spec AFT tho.......

I do.  Because I run a full AA build on it.