Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
cthuhulu

Friendly radar and sonar notification

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

33
[GN_BR]
Members
127 posts
4,707 battles

WOWS has kindly added the feature to let you know the smoke cloud duration when you are in smoke. I wonder if WOWS could do the same when you are in detection range for friendly radar and sonar. It may help with conserving those consumables when teammates aren't the best at communication.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,382
[HINON]
Members
9,031 posts

There's a nice mod at the moment that shows you which consumables your allies are currently using 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[GN_BR]
Members
127 posts
4,707 battles

Ah, therein lies the rub as I don't use Mod's. Thanks for the heads up though.

Edited by cthuhulu
Misspell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles
9 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

There's a nice mod at the moment that shows you which consumables your allies are currently using 

Is that in Aslains or a different one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
147
[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
564 posts
5,215 battles
12 minutes ago, cthuhulu said:

Ah, therein lies the rub as I don't use Mod's. Thanks for the heads up though.

And there is nothing wrong with that. Personally if you wanna know if your in range for friendly hydro and radar, if you learn the statistics behind the ships that have it and what the range is, you will be able to tell how close you need to be in order to be covered in the "umbrella" of their hydro or radar. You can also ask them during game what the range is and in the case of radar have them say when they are about to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[GN_BR]
Members
127 posts
4,707 battles

Oh, I ask. Usually don't get an answer. Just thought since they did the smoke notification could sonar/radar also be a possibility. Doesn't seem that would be hard to add in, especially if mods have it as well. Not a game breaker though if things stay the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
787
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,737 battles
15 minutes ago, Hystarr said:

Is that in Aslains or a different one?

Don't know if Aslains has it but the official wargaming modpack has it (I use it myself)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles
5 minutes ago, Panic512 said:

And there is nothing wrong with that. Personally if you wanna know if your in range for friendly hydro and radar, if you learn the statistics behind the ships that have it and what the range is, you will be able to tell how close you need to be in order to be covered in the "umbrella" of their hydro or radar. You can also ask them during game what the range is and in the case of radar have them say when they are about to use it.

I think it was not a range issue, but more of a duration so that your team could maintain constant surveillance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
147
[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
564 posts
5,215 battles
Just now, Hystarr said:

I think it was not a range issue, but more of a duration so that your team could maintain constant surveillance.

Ah ok, misread the OP then, thanks for correcting me on that Hystarr. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,013
[OPG]
[OPG]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,329 battles
37 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

There's a nice mod at the moment that shows you which consumables your allies are currently using 

 

If there is, that sounds a little bit... like too much an advantage... for a mod.  

 

If it was built into the game and everyone had it, I'd be fine with it. Not being built into the game? Nope. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles
25 minutes ago, Panic512 said:

Ah ok, misread the OP then, thanks for correcting me on that Hystarr. 

Wasn't intended in a mean, way and hope you didn't think it was, I figured it was an honest error and didn't want the thread to go too far away from the OP's question.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
787
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,737 battles
22 minutes ago, DOCTOR_CITADEL said:

 

If there is, that sounds a little bit... like too much an advantage... for a mod.  

 

If it was built into the game and everyone had it, I'd be fine with it. Not being built into the game? Nope. 

Gives a small icon over the friendly ship using the consumable.  Doesn't tell the duration, how long it'll be active or if it's on cool down or anything.  For instance, time stamped this video.  On enemy ships it gives you a burning notification and that's it.  When I pass the friendly New Mexico you can see he's using his damage repair party.  I only started using it when it got added to the Wargaming official modpack really.  They take it out of it because they deem it to beneficial, well, at least I'll know the official Wargaming stance on it then :Smile_teethhappy:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×