You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RogueKraken

Question Regarding Black Friday Sales

49 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
38 posts
2,525 battles

Good evening,

Quick question for you more experienced folks. To my understanding, black friday time normally means a year of premium for half off. Is this bought in dubloons or just flat $? Trying to figure out if I should use the current credit card discount for dubloons or if itd be useless for it. Thanks in advance.

[PVE]
Members
5,620 posts
18,209 battles

The only Black Friday sales I recall were in the Premium Shop for dollars, not doubloons. Honestly don't remember if any of the tech tree premiums or premium time in game (for doubloons) was on sale. Discounted doubloons are always nice to have on hand if you have the extra cash. The Black Friday sales were all bundles. The big bundle was a great price, like $400 for every premium ship in the game at that time. There were many smaller bundles where the savings were ok, like 20-30% off and they were nation based (UK ship bundle for instance).

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,945 battles

something to keep in mind, if you really want to. You can only make one purchase of the year premium half off, but you can do this for each game individually. So you can buy it for ship and for tanks on the same account, and since the time is shared it's 2 years for the price of 1 year.

• Cool 5

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,774 posts
5,809 battles

Cyber monday is the day you want for paying $$. Last year I bought a year of premium for $50 Can.

BTW, over the last year Ive accumulated an extra 60 days of premium time.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Also keep an eye on GamersGate as they have deals on WoWS offers too. Last year a 50% off the Tirptiz appeared on their site. It is quite possible more of such deals may end up there this year as well, you never know. 

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
4 hours ago, Pulicat said:

something to keep in mind, if you really want to. You can only make one purchase of the year premium half off, but you can do this for each game individually. So you can buy it for ship and for tanks on the same account, and since the time is shared it's 2 years for the price of 1 year.

Good info! :Smile_honoring:

Beta Testers
393 posts
3,436 battles
5 hours ago, Pulicat said:

You forgot that WG has World of Warplanes as well, so you can buy 3 years for the price of 1 1/2 year.

I feel so sad for that poor game, it's still kicking and running tho

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,407 posts
9,562 battles

Last year, with so many of us wanting any kind of discount on the Missouri, we watched...

Black Friday Bundles...  hmmmm...   What if you already had all those ships in the bundles?  You get the Doubloon Value of those ships..

Calculate...Calculate...Calculate...Calculate...  hmmmmm...   That turned out to be in the area of 30% discount on Doubloons.

Go for the IJN bundle...  Cha-Ching !!!   Convert XP...  Hello Missouri.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,019 posts
8,249 battles
4 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Also keep an eye on GamersGate as they have deals on WoWS offers too. Last year a 50% off the Tirptiz appeared on their site. It is quite possible more of such deals may end up there this year as well, you never know. 

I suppose that requires registering and setting up an auto-notification of WOWS deals then?

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

I suppose that requires registering and setting up an auto-notification of WOWS deals then?

Well when I got my Tirpitz, someone posted on here about it. We all thought it was a scam. However they had a very limited quantity. Some of took a shot, after all you could pay via PayPal. Score! It was just like buying a ship in the premium shop, but at 50% off. 

So yes - I'd advise that - I visit the site every once in a while to see what they have. It would be worth setting up an account, etc... Getting the Tirpitz at 50% off was, for me, a deal I'd been waiting for since beta. Liked the ship but not the price. Took a long time but finally got it at the price I wanted. 

• Cool 1

[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,524 battles
2 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Last year, with so many of us wanting any kind of discount on the Missouri, we watched...

Black Friday Bundles...  hmmmm...   What if you already had all those ships in the bundles?  You get the Doubloon Value of those ships..

Calculate...Calculate...Calculate...Calculate...  hmmmmm...   That turned out to be in the area of 30% discount on Doubloons.

Go for the IJN bundle...  Cha-Ching !!!   Convert XP...  Hello Missouri.

If I recall you only got the rebate on ships in the mega bundle, not on the smaller bundles.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,848 posts
1,332 battles
9 hours ago, theanhtb said:

You forgot that WG has World of Warplanes as well, so you can buy 3 years for the price of 1 1/2 year.

I feel so sad for that poor game, it's still kicking and running tho

2.0 drops tomorrow 10/12/17.  Don't know if it'll change anything, though.

Edit: got date wrong at first

Edited by mavfin87

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,848 posts
1,332 battles
1 hour ago, RogueKraken said:

Thanks for the info folks. Have a new baby so trying to get my money to stretch further.

I know it's rough now, but you'll turn around in 10 or 15 years and wonder how the hell you got there.  Won't feel like it was that long at all.

(Mine are 23, 21, 20, and 13 now)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,407 posts
9,562 battles
6 hours ago, DustRhino said:

If I recall you only got the rebate on ships in the mega bundle, not on the smaller bundles.

It wasn't a rebate.  In my IJN bundle purchase, for $83.99 I got Yubari, Kamikaze, Mikasa, 3 empty ship slots, and 20K doubloons

That's $100 in Doubloons...   not counting the extra ship slots and some neat floaty botes.

Only needed 10K doubs to free XP to the Trump Wagon.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
15 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

It wasn't a rebate.  In my IJN bundle purchase, for $83.99 I got Yubari, Kamikaze, Mikasa, 3 empty ship slots, and 20K doubloons

That's $100 in Doubloons...   not counting the extra ship slots and some neat floaty botes.

Only needed 10K doubs to free XP to the Trump Wagon.

I thought the MIssouri was actually good though?

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles

To bad games dont make Black Friday sales as amazing as stores.  Like 75% off all premium ships, 25 up to 250:1 XP conversion, 5x XP Credits for every game for Black Friday. 2.5x Gold for the same price, yeah.....

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
3 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

To bad games dont make Black Friday sales as amazing as stores.  Like 75% off all premium ships, 25 up to 250:1 XP conversion, 5x XP Credits for every game for Black Friday. 2.5x Gold for the same price, yeah.....

They have no competition. All your Black Friday stores are selling the same crapmade by other companies so they have to compete with eachother. Games are only selling what they made, therefore they control the pricing and availability with a monopoly.

Edited by w4spl3g

[PVE]
Members
9,730 posts
7,466 battles
6 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

I know it's rough now, but you'll turn around in 10 or 15 years and wonder how the hell you got there.  Won't feel like it was that long at all.

(Mine are 23, 21, 20, and 13 now)

So true, so true. 

Fowl Language is a funny comic for parents, but the double meaning applies.

http://www.fowllanguagecomics.com/comic/never-get-bigger/

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,848 posts
1,332 battles
30 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

I thought the MIssouri was actually good though?

It is.  Ignore the political posturing.

[PVE]
Members
5,620 posts
18,209 battles
18 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

The year premium for $45 USD was pretty good.

The lesson from last year's holidays is put away money for Santa Crates

I would only add don't sell any crappy premium ships you may have, otherwise you could end up winning one in a Santa's Crate! Or super container for that matter. 

[PVE]
Members
9,730 posts
7,466 battles
7 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I would only add don't sell any crappy premium ships you may have, otherwise you could end up winning one in a Santa's Crate! Or super container for that matter. 

And they still give you a first win bonus for captain grinding.