You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rebel_Mike2094

What is your favorite (in game) ship

76 comments in this topic

Members
123 posts
1,085 battles

I feel like posting, but had nothing to discuss. (having a case of bad luck aside.) Anyway, What is your favorite in game ship? Do you like it because of it's history, it has special meaning to you, or maybe you enjoy ruining a captain's day with it?

I enjoy the Texas as it was the first museum ship I have ever went to, it's history is really cool and it's the first premium I ever owned. (It's one of the reason's I got into this game.)

Scharnhorst has started becoming my personal go to ship as it works well with my play style.

[POP]
Members
1,236 posts
8,345 battles

Current fave is the October Rev. It just clicks with me. My current K/D ratio with it is 3.8 after 10 battles. 

Members
123 posts
1,085 battles
9 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

Current fave is the October Rev. It just clicks with me. My current K/D ratio with it is 3.8 after 10 battles. 

cool, been trying to complete the combat mission to get that ship.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,049 posts
7,265 battles

I feel like my top ten would be

1: ishzuchi (f***ing love this)

2: minotaur. (Shell spam)

3: montana.  (The accuracy and devestation with this ship is intense)

4: Fiji.  (Get in tier five and your looking north of 175k dmg lul)

5: neptune.  (This ship is so nice in tier 7 battles wow....)

6: emreald (guns are nice and amazing torps.. also comes with smoke :0)

7:Hoso (luv the no AA and not facing tier 6+)

8: Leander (such a nice mid tier ship)

9: pensacola. (Once got a game with 27 citadels :O)

10: cleveland (for the aa)

[INTEL]
Members
808 posts
8,353 battles

The German Odd duck... I love the Yorck. I know the ship never existed IRL but it just looks right to my eyes. A smaller more agile Hipper with slightly bigger guns. I even like the AP arcs. The ability to drop shells almost straight down at range allows harassing fire on island humpers who think they're safe. Occasionally that harrassing fire makes the target real salty.. like after detonating a full health ATL. Add in the torps and german hydro.. oh yeah. I just wish I could figure out why she draws so many teams that get ROFLstomped.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,348 posts
8,971 battles

It used to be the Atago but now I think it's the Cleveland. I've just got something in my blood about AA. I would always man a .50 cal in the Army and scan the skies, even though I was a medic and technically not supposed to.

Edited by Snargfargle

[OPG]
Members
3,983 posts
5,722 battles

For me it's probably the Saint Louis or Henri, they are a blast to play and they just click with me.  

[BLUMR]
Members
2,049 posts
7,265 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

It used to be the Atago but now I think it's the Cleveland. I've just got something in my blood about AA. I would always man a .50 cal in the Army and scan the skies, even though I was a medic and technically not supposed to.

Im pretty sure a .50 wont do much nowadays though.... lul

[PSP]
Members
6,348 posts
8,971 battles
Just now, RiverTheIdiot said:

Im pretty sure a .50 wont do much nowadays though.... lul

Back in the day they did. My uncle's bomber crew shot down many a Nazi fighter with their .50 cals.  

Members
123 posts
1,085 battles
8 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

I feel like my top ten would be

1: ishzuchi (f***ing love this)

2: minotaur. (Shell spam)

3: montana.  (The accuracy and devestation with this ship is intense)

4: Fiji.  (Get in tier five and your looking north of 175k dmg lul)

5: neptune.  (This ship is so nice in tier 7 battles wow....)

6: emreald (guns are nice and amazing torps.. also comes with smoke :0)

7:Hoso (luv the no AA and not facing tier 6+)

8: Leander (such a nice mid tier ship)

9: pensacola. (Once got a game with 27 citadels :O)

10: cleveland (for the aa)

I can't argue with this, I actually didn't mind the Pensacola too much.

2 minutes ago, yashma said:

For me it's probably the Saint Louis or Henri, they are a blast to play and they just click with me.  

Makes sense too me. :P

7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

lol, this

11 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

The German Odd duck... I love the Yorck. I know the ship never existed IRL but it just looks right to my eyes. A smaller more agile Hipper with slightly bigger guns. I even like the AP arcs. The ability to drop shells almost straight down at range allows harassing fire on island humpers who think they're safe. Occasionally that harrassing fire makes the target real salty.. like after detonating a full health ATL. Add in the torps and german hydro.. oh yeah. I just wish I could figure out why she draws so many teams that get ROFLstomped.

I know that feel.....

[BLUMR]
Members
2,049 posts
7,265 battles

I mean yeh sure back in the day but i meant nowadays now that theres anti-ship missles that can fly 150km? And that even if you do get close your gonna get f**ked before you see it...

[SIM]
Members
2,553 posts
4,192 battles

I don't have one, really. I go through love-hate cycles with most ships. For a while I'll be death incarnate in a ship, racking up damage and kills like it's my job. Then I won't be able to hit the broad side of a barn from the inside. It's infuriating. The closest thing that I have to a consistent favorite is the Dunkerque, I suppose.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,049 posts
7,265 battles
9 minutes ago, Rebel_Mike2094 said:

I can't argue with this, I actually didn't mind the Pensacola too much.

Makes sense too me. :P

lol, this

I know that feel.....

Yeah pensacola was my all time fav usn cruiser (about to get des moines in 6 days)  but i just love it when kiddo's complain about it when they get NUKED by missouri's

Members
123 posts
1,085 battles
4 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

Yeah pensacola was my all time fav usn cruiser (about to get des moines in 6 days)  but i just love it when kiddo's complain about it when they get NUKED by missouri's

Yeah, it's almost like you shouldn't show your broadside to people :P . the des moines is what I'm working towards at the moment. After that I'm not entirely sure what I want to do. 

Edited by Rebel_Mike2094

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,753 posts
3,490 battles

USS Indianapolis!

I'm actually in Indianapolis for work right now.

[HYDRA]
Members
136 posts
1,167 battles

The Lo Yang, completely unnecessary buff to hydro and all, I got it from a super-container as my first tier 8 when I was on the verge of rage quitting from pensacola overdose (I got dev struck by a Bayern from the front while trying to hide behind an island, it was not a detonation) and quickly found actual enjoyment in the game from making other DDs lives hell since only the Z-23 could fight it (of same tiered DDs), then they decided to double the effectiveness of the hydro so now I will push caps against any DD besides the Z-52 (or USS Black if I ever see one). Nerfed benson or not those guns are not a joke.

Edited to remove random unwanted hyperlink

Edited by Herodotus4
  • Cool 1

Members
123 posts
1,085 battles
1 minute ago, Madwolf05 said:

USS Indianapolis!

I'm actually in Indianapolis for work right now.

Yeah, that's cool.

1 minute ago, Herodotus4 said:

The Lo Yang, completely unnecessary buff to hydro and all, I got it from a super-container as my first tier 8 when I was on the verge of rage quitting from pensacola overdose (I got dev struck by a Bayern from the front while trying to hide behind an island, it was not a detonation) and quickly found actual enjoyment in the game from making other DDs lives hell since only the Z-23 could fight it (of same tiered DDs), then they decided to double the effectiveness of the hydro so now I will push caps against any DD besides the Z-52 (or USS Black if I ever see one). Nerfed benson or not those guns are not a joke.

True, I need to play mine more.

Members
691 posts
1,115 battles

Bismarck right now out of the few ships that I've played. She performs well in all things that I would expect out of a Battleship. Brawling and bristling with tons of guns.

Members
123 posts
1,085 battles
9 minutes ago, Freddie_Creamer said:

Bismarck right now out of the few ships that I've played. She performs well in all things that I would expect out of a Battleship. Brawling and bristling with tons of guns.

The German battleships seem pretty strong in general.