You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
YukonHunter

Another day, another chat ban

42 comments in this topic

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,611 battles

Well that didnt take long. 7 straight losses in a row with the latest Russian BB, and gee, who has yet another pointless chat ban?

Never mind, of course, that in 5 of those 7 losses i was in the top 3 of my team for damage output.

Never mind, of course, that 4 of those 7 losses the teams were either infested with cloaking DDs, sky cancer, or both.

Never mind, of course, the teams i have had have been complete passive sods that couldnt hack out of a wet paper bag.

Must all be my fault, right? Suuuuuure.

Dear gods, this game is so garbage lately its just plain laughable.

Supertester, Alpha Tester
583 posts

If you have received a chat ban, it's for something that you said in game chat that would've caused this.. But talking about your "chat ban" here won't help the case at all. If you feel like it was a unjustified gag, then I recommend you filing a support ticket about this. 

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
10 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

Well that didnt take long. 7 straight losses in a row with the latest Russian BB, and gee, who has yet another pointless chat ban?

Never mind, of course, that in 5 of those 7 losses i was in the top 3 of my team for damage output.

Never mind, of course, that 4 of those 7 losses the teams were either infested with cloaking DDs, sky cancer, or both.

Never mind, of course, the teams i have had have been complete passive sods that couldnt hack out of a wet paper bag.

http://zXaxSx5.jpg

Same.

• Cool 1

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,611 battles
12 minutes ago, dirtymax said:

If you have received a chat ban, it's for something that you said in game chat that would've caused this.. But talking about your "chat ban" here won't help the case at all. If you feel like it was a unjustified gag, then I recommend you filing a support ticket about this. 

WG wont do crapfor it and we all know it. Chat bans are readily abused by clans to troll anyone that dares offend their precious arrogance.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,966 posts
7,526 battles

Given your attitude here on the forums, I'm not at all surprised it happened.

I, on the other hand, have received 5 compliments today. I've played well and kept my mouth shut.

Hmmm...

**Whoops, make that 6 compliments today.

Edited by TheKrimzonDemon
  • Cool 3

[DAKI]
Members
629 posts
6,428 battles

you should learn to keep your opinion to yourself. As you see from your ban, you are only hurting yourself, Just take a break and play later.

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,610 battles
1 hour ago, YukonHunter said:

I hear you  bro why even have an Ignore button right? same yesterday had a game in Akuzuki where the only 4 ships that where sunk was by me don't know what are radar ships where doing got called crap for some reason not sure why pulled 180 000 damage got two caps came top of team and only had 100 less points than top of winning team.... team drooled the whole time I think and I called em out on it immediate chat ban which was great.... next team was wonderfull sure wish could have talked to them but you know chat ban and all

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,610 battles
44 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Given your attitude here on the forums, I'm not at all surprised it happened.

I, on the other hand, have received 5 compliments today. I've played well and kept my mouth shut.

Hmmm...

**Whoops, make that 6 compliments today.

good for you nobody cares

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,745 posts
3,490 battles

I'd love to hear what you said, because I've never been chat banned and I've been pretty mean.

Love how you blame clans though. It's always their fault I guess.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

If you get chat banned that much it's because you deserve it. There are rules. If you break them expect to pay the consequences. Hehe.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
7 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

I'd love to hear what you said, because I've never been chat banned and I've been pretty mean.

Hey, not always. Just about half the time.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,745 posts
3,490 battles
Just now, Elegant_Winter said:

Hey, not always. Just about half the time.

I'm sure there's plenty of evidence for this.

If you want someone chat banned all you need to do is make a ticket. I've had multiple people cracked with the ban hammer for using... let's say uncivilized language in game.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,864 posts
1,332 battles
57 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Given your attitude here on the forums, I'm not at all surprised it happened..

I would agree. If he sounds in chat like he did in the initial post, it's no mystery at all.  

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,966 posts
7,526 battles
24 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

good for you nobody cares

Looking in the mirror again, are we?

Welcome to my ignore list, please feel free to enjoy your stay. There will be cake.(But the cake is a lie!)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,966 posts
7,526 battles
23 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

I know, right? I've gone completely off my rocker in chat, back in the day, and never gotten a ban. So it must have been seriously salty, and he must do it a lot.

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles

99.995% of the time, if you got a chat ban you talked smack and got hit for it. Most likely ran off at the mouth instead of just ignoring something. Hell, I run off the mouth and have yet to get a chat ban so you must be doing something that's getting a lot of people to report you such as racist or sexually explicit language used in chat. With how much kids toss around the N-word when they lose it in a game that wouldn't shock me if that is what got you your ban.

Edit: Actually I got one chat ban and it was as a joke from some other Alpha tester buddies but nothing serious as they all reported me with the system while laughing about it on Teamspeak after they did it to me while on the opposite team. It was kinda funny though.

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,868 posts
6,869 battles

The thing is that these bans, to which I'm frequently subject, are valid... but their valid only by virtue of a set of rules that do nothing but confirm the incompetence of those who report others for violating them.

chat bans only come from the utterly worthless, and by going crying to mommy that someone was mean to you instead of changing the behaviours that provoked another to insult you, do nothing but vindicate the vitriol that was directed towards you.

As I said, I'm frequently chat banned... but I have never yet gotten out from a match where I was chat banned to find that it hadn't been a complete blowout populated by sub-40% win rate passive playing idiots.

The day I receive a chat ban from good players is the day I'll admit that my, admittedly crass and blunt, assessments of my fellow players are incorrect and untruthful.

Edited by Shadeylark

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,966 posts
7,526 battles
1 minute ago, Shadeylark said:

The thing is that these bans, to which I'm frequently subject, are valid... but their valid only by virtue of a set of rules that do nothing but confirm the incompetence of those who report others for violating them.

chat bans only come from the utterly worthless, and by going crying to mommy that someone was mean to you instead of changing the behaviours that provoked another to insult you, do nothing but vindicate the vitriol that was directed towards you.

Seriously? You really believe that?

Because, of course, no good person eeeevvveeeerrrr reports someone for being, well, utterly worthless in chat, right? Only the worthless people report the good people, right?

I mean, wow. 

My shaker is out of salt, may I have some of yours, please?

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,868 posts
6,869 battles
3 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Seriously? You really believe that?

Because, of course, no good person eeeevvveeeerrrr reports someone for being, well, utterly worthless in chat, right? Only the worthless people report the good people, right?

I mean, wow. 

My shaker is out of salt, may I have some of yours, please?

The evidence suggests that any such incidents are statistical outliers not representative of the norm.

As I said... the day I get out of a match and find that I received a chat ban from a team that wasn't subpar in every way is the day 'll admit my assessment of their ability was incorrect and unwarranted.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
12 minutes ago, Shadeylark said:

Chat bans only come from the utterly worthless, and by going crying to mommy that someone was mean to you instead of changing the behaviours that provoked another to insult you, do nothing but vindicate the vitriol that was directed towards you.

"Instead of changing the behaviors that provoked another to insult you."

By that logic, you'd just be conforming the standards of strangers. If you behaved in such a way that you acted in accord with the standards and expectations of strangers simply to avoid being insulted I would have to question whether or not you have an identity of your own. I would also have to question whether or not you have any backbone, since changing yourself simply to avoid being insulted is unbelievably pathetic.

Your stance is this: instead of reporting people for breaking the rules, you'll just avoid being insulted by doing exactly what everyone wants you to do. Does that really seem like a good idea? Are you sure that's what you want? That's certainly not something I would ever want for myself, since I would have to abandon who I am and what I want to do and essentially live for the benefit of strangers. How absurd. Hahaha.

Edited by Elegant_Winter

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,868 posts
6,869 battles
3 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

"Instead of changing the behaviors that provoked another to insult you."

By that logic, you'd just be conforming the standards of strangers. If you behaved in such a way that you acted in accord with the standards and expectations of strangers simply to avoid being insulted I would have to question whether or not you have an identity of your own. I would also have to question whether or not you have any backbone, since changing yourself simply to avoid being insulted is unbelievably pathetic.

Your stance is this: instead of reporting people for breaking the rules, you'll just avoid being insulted by doing exactly what everyone wants you to do. Does that really seem like a good idea? Are you sure that's what you want? That's certainly not something I would ever want for myself, since I would have to abandon who I am and what I want to do and essentially live for the benefit of strangers. How absurd. Hahaha.

Ever hear the old saying "there's no I in team"?

Imposing standards on teams isn't a bad thing... he'll that's exactly what these chat bans are meant to do.  The problem is that the wrong problem is being addressed: the problem isn't the vitriol in chat, it's the poor play that provokes such vitriol as a response.  

Or to put it much more simply: I'd rather play with a competent, but toxic, team than a nice, but incompetent, team any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

If you are letting your feelings take precedence over what you contribute to your team, then you are the problem, and in my book that vindicates anyone who verbally pisses all over you.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
1 minute ago, Shadeylark said:

Ever hear the old saying "there's no I in team"?

Imposing standards on teams isn't a bad thing... he'll that's exactly what these chat bans are meant to do.  The problem is that the wrong problem is being addressed: the problem isn't the vitriol in chat, it's the poor play that provokes such vitriol as a response. 

Or to put it much more simply: I'd rather play with a competent, but toxic, team than a nice, but incompetent, team any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

If you are letting your feelings take precedence over what you contribute to your team, then you are the problem, and in my book that vindicates anyone who verbally pisses all over you.

If someone didn't ENJOY playing they wouldn't play. If someone didn't FEEL NICE THINGS when they played they wouldn't play. The only reason I play this game is because I LIKE THE WAY IT FEELS.