You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ChisanaJun

Museum Ships

53 comments in this topic

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles

I was hoping to locate a section devoted to historical warship museums worldwide. What to visit and where to go. If such exsists

[PVE]
Members
9,807 posts
7,492 battles
3 minutes ago, Maggie_Saito said:

I was hoping to locate a section devoted to historical warship museums worldwide. What to visit and where to go. If such exsists

It's Wikipedia, but it should be a good starting list.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_museum_ships

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles

Try the Historical Studies and Discussion section on the forum or ask around. You maybe find tidbits of info here and there about which museums to visit. 

[TASH]
Members
5,016 posts
8,154 battles

Judging by where you live (Tuscon, Arizona), I'd say try the west coast.  Look at USS Midway in San Diego or USS Iowa in Los Angeles.

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles
10 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

It's Wikipedia, but it should be a good starting list.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_museum_ships

Mr. Kivarvexis I was hoping to ascertain the which ships and museums to visit before they become lost to time and lack of funding. Also to find the one with most enjoyable to visit. Thought of all communities this would be the one to ask in is world inclusive so has wide spectrum of interests. Thank you kind sirs

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles
14 minutes ago, Dictonary said:

Try the Historical Studies and Discussion section on the forum or ask around. You maybe find tidbits of info here and there about which museums to visit. 

Thank you Mr Dictonary. (oh and thank you to your family love their book) 

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles
6 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

Judging by where you live (Tuscon, Arizona), I'd say try the west coast.  Look at USS Midway in San Diego or USS Iowa in Los Angeles.

Thank you Mr. Warframe. I travel almost seven to eight months a year. I live in Tucson January to May. The home I own is in Yokosuka JP. Work requires travel all over Asia and RU. Hope to see more of Europe but work seldom takes me west of Poland. 

[PVE]
Members
9,807 posts
7,492 battles
2 minutes ago, Maggie_Saito said:

Mr. Kivarvexis I was hoping to ascertain the which ships and museums to visit before they become lost to time and lack of funding. Also to find the one with most enjoyable to visit. Thought of all communities this would be the one to ask in is world inclusive so has wide spectrum of interests. Thank you kind sirs

Well the list would be the place to start to see what is in reach of you. The suggestion from Dictonary of checking the History forum here, should help narrow the search for you some. Good luck. I've seen the USS North Carolina and it was a visit well worth my time.

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles

Have not seen her but visited Aurora yesterday in Saint Petersburg a well-kept ship happy to say. My home in Yokosuka is just 11km to Mikasa park. Visited New Jersey two years ago. Was a very beautiful ship. Nice Dosens for tour. very informative and spent extra time with me and my English difficulties. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles
6 minutes ago, Maggie_Saito said:

Thank you Mr. Warframe. I travel almost seven to eight months a year. I live in Tucson January to May. The home I own is in Yokosuka JP. Work requires travel all over Asia and RU. Hope to see more of Europe but work seldom takes me west of Poland. 

First: You are super polite and really nice. This is a rare trait on any forum so I thought I'd call you out as a reasonably cool person.

Second: if you do get a chance to go further west in Europe, HMS Belfast in London is a good visit. In Poland itself there's Blyskawica, her most famous destroyer.

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles

Thank you for your kindness. I am at your service Mr. Warframe. Japanese saying. しょしんわするべからず (shoshin wasuru bekarazu).We should not forget our beginner’s spirit. to Japanese would mean similar to if this is correct translation.( humility of starting something new).

• Cool 1

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,152 posts
6,037 battles

There's one right here where I live (Houston): USS Texas BB-35

Still haven't visited yet :fish_palm:

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles

I will visit Blyskawica when job completes here in RU sometime in November. Looking forward to it. Aragami-san (san in case you are Japanese as I believe by name no offense) 

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles

Anyways. If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, check out the USS Hornet (CV-12). I haven't gone there yet but I am planning to do so in the near future.

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles
4 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

First: You are super polite and really nice. This is a rare trait on any forum so I thought I'd call you out as a reasonably cool person.

Second: if you do get a chance to go further west in Europe, HMS Belfast in London is a good visit. In Poland itself there's Blyskawica, her most famous destroyer.

I will see 

1 minute ago, Cruiser_SanJuan said:

There's one right here where I live (Houston): USS Texas BB-35

Still haven't visited yet :fish_palm:

Texas is beautiful state visited Houston in may USS Texas not in good shape but amazing history. The city was very enjoyable with much to do. 

• Cool 1

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles
Just now, Dictonary said:

Anyways. If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, check out the USS Hornet (CV-12). I haven't gone there yet but I am planning to do so in the near future.

Mr. Dictionary Did not my ancestors sink Hornet this is newer or older ship?

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles
Just now, Maggie_Saito said:

Mr. Dictionary Did not my ancestors sink Hornet this is newer or older ship?

Ah. That USS Hornet that was sunk was CV-8. This USS Hornet, CV-12, was named in honor of the previous USS Hornet.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,152 posts
6,037 battles
3 minutes ago, Maggie_Saito said:

Texas is beautiful state visited Houston in may USS Texas not in good shape but amazing history. The city was very enjoyable with much to do. 

:3

I hope I'll be able to visit USS Texas soon. Indeed, she is in dire need of TLC.

Edited by Cruiser_SanJuan

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles
Just now, Cruiser_SanJuan said:

:3

I hope I'll be able to visit USS Texas soon. Indeed, she is in dire need of TLC.

Yep. She is certainly not in a worthy condition for her historical importance.

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles

Mz Suzukaze (san) I would have not thought a KM unterseeboot could get into Great Lake amazing. I will make a point to see it. Will be attending advanced training at the University of Michigan if I ever finish Ph.D. which is not looking real well at this moment. 

unterseeboot

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles
4 minutes ago, Dictonary said:

Ah. That USS Hornet that was sunk was CV-8. This USS Hornet, CV-12, was named in honor of the previous USS Hornet.

Sorry Did not realize this ship I will visit next time I get to USA.  Thank you, sir.

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles
Just now, Maggie_Saito said:

Mz Suzukaze (san) I would have not thought a KM unterseeboot could get into Great Lake amazing. I will make a point to see it. Will be attending advanced training at the University of Michigan if I ever finish Ph.D. which is not looking real well at this moment. 

unterseeboot

Actually. U-505 was captured in the North Atlantic in 1944 and was moved afterwards to the Museum of Science and Industry.