Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pewpewpew42

Sub request but slightly more sane

18 comments in this topic

[SF-A]
Members
2,892 posts
5,682 battles

If it's to be implemented at all, it could be in a scenario. Essentially a fort that fires torpedoes, really. The kind of thing any DD could run down and embarrass, but just useful enough to pose a threat to bot Liberty ships. Discuss!

[HINON]
Supertester
19,195 posts
12,701 battles

No.

Not saying your idea is bad, it could actually be fun as well as balanced, but because it would open the floodgates to "I want to drive that thing" and "Why can't I drive that thing, it's in the game" posts ever single day on the forum.

Spoiler

Though if submarines had to make it into the game, no other option, this is how I would do it.

• Cool 2

[SF-A]
Members
2,892 posts
5,682 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

No.

Not saying your idea is bad, it could actually be fun as well as balanced, but because it would open the floodgates to "I want to drive that thing" and "Why can't I drive that thing, it's in the game" posts ever single day on the forum.

Hide contents

Though if submarines had to make it into the game, no other option, this is how I would do it.

This is the piece I'm going for. It wouldn't really add much, and there are better ways to spend Devs' time, but if had to be added, this is the solution I'm positing.

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,543 battles
8 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

N1AVxfq.jpg

This post actually is a good sub posts, besides the other ones blatantly saying 'gimme sub'

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,195 posts
12,701 battles
3 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

but if had to be added

Then aren't we glad it doesn't.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,496 battles
1 minute ago, Unabletony said:

This post actually is a good sub posts, besides the other ones blatantly saying 'gimme sub'

I'd rather just avoid the subject entirely. I saw what that other game had to do just to get subs relevant. It was a bad call.

[SALVO]
Members
17,039 posts
17,659 battles

Here's how to add a sub to the game.

Create a new operation where the primary goal is to destroy a well protected submarine pen (with the sub inside, but non-operational).  The sub pen could be sufficiently well protected to resist HE shells and HE dive bombs, but not large caliber AP shells or perhaps AP bombs from carrier planes. (Might also have torpedo nets to prevent damage from torpedoes.)

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts
46 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Here's how to add a sub to the game.

Create a new operation where the primary goal is to destroy a well protected submarine pen (with the sub inside, but non-operational).  The sub pen could be sufficiently well protected to resist HE shells and HE dive bombs, but not large caliber AP shells or perhaps AP bombs from carrier planes. (Might also have torpedo nets to prevent damage from torpedoes.)

Just have it require the HMS Campbeltown.

[SALVO]
Members
17,039 posts
17,659 battles
15 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Just have it require the HMS Campbeltown.

Touche. :Smile_honoring:

Come to think of it, they probably could do something like this.  Just have the DD in question be a friendly bot that your team has to protect so that it can ram and destroy the sub pen.

Edited by Crucis

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles

To take things seriously, if an AI sub appears, more people will whine about how subs should be playable which as most of us know, by their capabilities in speed, armorment when surfaced and armor, they are completely unplayable. So we don't want to stroke the fire.

That said. If the above didn't happen, it is a good idea albeit depth charges would have to be implemented.

Sign in to follow this