Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Psycodiver

Question about render ranges?

6 comments in this topic

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,558 posts
3,539 battles

@Pigeon_of_War I have a question about render range, last night I decided to check out plunging fire with my NC. I maxed out my range to 32.4km with the spotter plane but I couldn't render any ships past 30-31km. Is this the max possible render range or is their something I'm missing?

[SEP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,792 battles

Generally, render distance is based on the height of the ship. So for the NorCal, that ~31 km is the maximum render range for it.

On another note, you really shouldn't need to use range extensions on a NorCal....

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,558 posts
3,539 battles
3 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

Generally, render distance is based on the height of the ship. So for the NorCal, that ~31 km is the maximum render range for it.

On another note, you really shouldn't need to use range extensions on a NorCal....

So regardless of how far my range is I can only render so far, well that sucks

Yea I know that, I didn't even upgrade the FCS when I first ground her out. I was reading a thread about plunging fire and technically the NC is probably the only BB in the game that can with at max possible range. According to NavWeapons at 32km her shells would be coming down at 45 degrees and able to punch through 268mm of deck armor. I want to test that since WG used actual USN data to program these guns (Iowa is only capable of 218mm of deck penetration at the same range)

I understand this is only viable in a couple RARE situations, especially since it takes almost 30 seconds for the shells to go 32.4km

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,093 posts
4,164 battles
Just now, Psycodiver said:

So regardless of how far my range is I can only render so far, well that sucks

Yea I know that, I didn't even upgrade the FCS when I first ground her out. I was reading a thread about plunging fire and technically the NC is probably the only BB in the game that can with at max possible range. According to NavWeapons at 32km her shells would be coming down at 45 degrees and able to punch through 268mm of deck armor. I want to test that since WG used actual USN data to program these guns (Iowa is only capable of 218mm of deck penetration at the same range)

I understand this is only viable in a couple RARE situations, especially since it takes almost 30 seconds for the shells to go 32.4km

It's also a thing with something like the Shimakaze using the 20km torps, 32.4km range with NC is utterly pointless.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,558 posts
3,539 battles

Alright got it figured out, I swapped my Concealment mod for Target Acquisition mod and now I have full render. That said at 32.2km I can reliably citadel a Bismark, at 27km (max possible range without spotter) I only got 1 citadel but lots and lots of full penetration damage hits

AEsukMZ.jpg

23 minutes ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

It's also a thing with something like the Shimakaze using the 20km torps, 32.4km range with NC is utterly pointless.

In a few situations they can be useful, but I would never use this set up in Random though. To give up my AA and Concealment for something that MIGHT (thats a big might btw) be helpful a whole 1% time is useless. That said it does work, experiment done time to move onto something else

Sign in to follow this