You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Carniolan

If you could choose: +2/-2, +1/-1, 0, how long would you wait in queue?

155 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
173 posts
5,362 battles

Why ISN'T there an option for matchmaking?  

How long would you have to wait in queue if you wanted same tier games?

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
328 posts
4,076 battles

+2/-2 is fine, Does it suck to get unlucky and be bottom tier a few games in a row, sure. But most snowflakes crying about it have so much confirmation bias it's sad.

Also get better. And do better. Wreaking T10 ships in a T8 or 9 just feels better.

• Cool 9

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,358 posts
9,527 battles

I like +2/-2 I would even be OK with +3/-3.

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
14 minutes ago, Rear_Admiral_Crispy said:

Why ISN'T there an option for matchmaking?  

How long would you have to wait in queue if you wanted same tier games?

3 days max.

[SEP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

Would rather have a dynamic MM that sets +1-1 if enough players online and if the server is somewhat empty goes back to +2-2

Lets say FE above 7k players +1-1, below 7k the normal +2-2  

• Cool 10

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,148 battles

Personally I'd prefer it to go +1/-1 since they forced it up to tier 4, that or they remove the preferential matchmaking starting at tier 3 like it was before IIRC. 

I understand SOME people like the challange of constantly facing tier 7s in a tier 5 but I'm not one of them. It's fun here and there but when I'm trying to play with my kongo and I constantly get my face smashed in by tier 7 BBs, it's not exactly fun. 

As for how long I'm willing to wait: 5 minutes as it already is. Only on the slow times do I really have to wait a while and despite all those who say that the wait time will go up I sincerely doubt it'd go up considerably EXCEPT for the down times. 

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
25 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

1+/- 1 min 30 seconds. Easy to do since it only takes 0-15 seconds as it is now. So there is no excuse.

This

[DARTH]
Members
537 posts
11,496 battles

I'd be willing to tab out and surf ... for an extra minute or so, but ...

Time spent in queue is time that WG's not making money from your (and others) consumable use, repair costs and other incidentals.  To a certain extent, as WOWs is a 'free' product ... you are the actual product, and your presence in someone else's battle is the item which is being sold.  Any thing that slows down the tempo of meat for the grinder is a negative from their point of view.

Not to defend them, but just to explain that it is what it is, and one of the reasons why.

Never mind that time spent in queue is also time for player X to decide that he'd rather just ESC out and go play StarCraft instead.

WG knows this, and that's why they want you in that next battle ASAP, even if the circumstances are far less than ideal.

Personally, I'd almost rather they institute a small buff, so that if you're -2 in a battle, you get a small percentage in reduction in damage taken, or something similar so that you don't completely feel like you're going to be crushed.

(That said, some of my most memorable battles are the ones where I've taken a -1 or -2 ship and spanked the opposition.  Doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it is quite rewarding.)

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,399 posts
3,875 battles

I do have to wonder where all the posters claiming queue times would be insane under +1/-1 are actually getting this information from.

• Cool 3

[MKF]
Members
410 posts
15,088 battles
16 minutes ago, Pata1985 said:

Would rather have a dynamic MM that sets +1-1 if enough players online and if the server is somewhat empty goes back to +2-2

Lets say FE above 7k players +1-1, below 7k the normal +2-2  

Agree with this completely

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
34 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

1+/- 1 min 30 seconds. Easy to do since it only takes 0-15 seconds as it is now. So there is no excuse.

I would be on board with this.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[INTEL]
Members
8,577 posts
25,666 battles

It wont take long. Players have already shown they are willing to wait for high tier matches. Its time for a dynamic MM for everyone, with a check box indicating willingness to be uptiered two tiers.

I'd like to play my Murmansk again.....

• Cool 3

Members
3,775 posts
14,010 battles

In +1 -1 MM, I seriously doubt that queue times would be much longer than they are now. And even if they were, I'd be willing to wait a little while longer.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
1 minute ago, AraAragami said:

I do have to wonder where all the posters claiming queue times would be insane under +1/-1 are actually getting this information from.

I've wondered that for many months. 

No one really knows any of this kinda stuff. It's all speculation.

• Cool 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
3 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Fine question.

Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

I would be fine with +1/-1 during high-traffic times.

+2/-2 could still kick in when number of players per server drops.

I know how to get WG on-board with same-tier MM....

Premium Only.  You want to run same-tier guaranteed? You pay for each tick you are sitting in que. Make it 7v7 only, and turn 'em loose with Daddy's Visa card.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,445 posts
8,092 battles
2 minutes ago, Korval_BB55 said:

Time spent in queue is time that WG's not making money from your (and others) consumable use, repair costs and other incidentals.

"Consumables" - easily gotten for free, and also, uses credits

"REpairs" - credits only

"Other incidentals" - Camo typically free or credits, flags earned, can't think of a single other that is affected by matchmaker taking 60 seconds more.

60 seconds in MM isn't going to do anything to gold sales, premium ship sales, slight chance on premium time sales, ad I mean very slight. Odds are if anything it's likely increase them a bit more. Kaga no longer see's tier 9's that laugh at her planes with AA that makes CV players cry, tier 5 and 6 return to viability and ships that suffer hard -2 no longer struggle as hard to breaking peoples wills  to a point they don't want to play, and hell, -1 people may actually play their CV's again because at least -1 most ships are still approachable-ish. As a CV player I have to wait 2-3 minutes usually (any longer I back out to not create a 4v4 match or the like), +/- 1 may actually improve CV MM times because they don't have their planes slaughtered as bad by lone ships.

The way elements of this game have been botched, Wargaming has nothing to lose even just as a trial period, doing say, 2 weeks on live server (so full participation) of +/-1 and gather feedback.

• Cool 3

[POP]
Members
1,234 posts
8,245 battles

My average wait time is around 15 seconds. During my CV runs for fighter kills at tier 4 in Co-op, I was waiting for 3.5-4 minutes and then being the only human on the field. 

I'd be perfectly fine with 1-2 minute wait. 

I'd be happy if they just pretended that T10 is good the way it is. Surely there are many, many more T10 players than there was a year ago. 

[LOU1]
Members
3,023 posts
8,125 battles

The main reason I like the current system is the XP/credit boost for damaging ships 1 or 2 tiers higher.  Being bottom tier opens up so many possibilities for being underestimated or chased down as an easy kill (allows kiting).  The downside is that you have to be on the ball or you are in trouble.

I have also found that being at tier five with mostly other tiers five and fours makes for some "creative" play from my team mates.  Like forgetting we are supposed to be getting caps and not realizing that you have to go where the reds are in order to shoot them, or the opposite, knowing you can't yolo into the reds all by yourself.

I also found ranked, the place with same tier matchmaking, extremely boring after a while.  The same ships over and over.  I know their weaknesses, they know mine.

"Life is a box of chocolates..."

[O7]
Beta Testers, Supertester
6,398 posts
7,363 battles

I would honestly wait 5 minutes if I had to, as long as I don't waste 20 minutes in a crap match bottom tier.

• Cool 4