You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

Red tracers...

26 comments in this topic

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I can't believe how much I can't stand those red tracers... is there a way to turn them off? And yes, I have Yamamoto- but I think the red tracers are a bit much. I'd like to be able to turn them off like you can the arp stuff. 

Edited by ENO75

[PSP]
Members
6,350 posts
8,977 battles

I got fired at the other day by, I think, a Mogami that had pink tracers. This was the first I'd seen them. I don't have any mods installed either.

Members
3,729 posts
15,109 battles

One can only turn off his/her own tracers' colour, you have no control over other players' tracers unless you mod it.

[CUTE]
Members
168 posts
12,731 battles

Came across an Amagi today in my Hindenberg and noticed the first blood fireworks go off.  Made me focus fire him even more

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
1 hour ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

They have mods for this. 

On aslains? 

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,173 battles

Ah, I personally don't see much of an issue. This is really such a minor thing and a very strange thing to get angry/annoyed about. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,825 posts
14,179 battles

I saw some red tracers coming from a Atago yesterday. I think they look great! :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Okay... this really isn't about the matter of opinion. Everyone can think it looks great- I think it looks overblown. I'd like to turn them off. Of all the "skills" these captains should have, coloured tracer rounds aren't included. Just like they give you the option of turning off the other garbage (cough- again, I understand some people like it and I don't-) they should let you turn this off. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
245 posts
9,807 battles
23 minutes ago, awildpervert said:

anyone know a good tracer mod, i cant see my shells for crapon some maps.

Aslains - 

[SEP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,792 battles

On a similar note, 

29 minutes ago, ENO75 said:

Okay... this really isn't about the matter of opinion. Everyone can think it looks great- I think it looks overblown. I'd like to turn them off. Of all the "skills" these captains should have, coloured tracer rounds aren't included. Just like they give you the option of turning off the other garbage (cough- again, I understand some people like it and I don't-) they should let you turn this off. 

Although I don't find them a problem, I do agree with this. That being said, knowing whether or not someone is running Yamamoto could be valuable information, so denying yourself that knowledge could prove fatal. Perhaps if the tracers could be "disabled" in such a way that you could still differentiate between a ship with/without Yamamoto?

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

Aslains has good tracer mods with different colors you can choose for HE and AP to help you know whats being fired around you.

Don't know if it has a mod to disable tracers altogether.

[PSP]
Members
6,350 posts
8,977 battles
55 minutes ago, chopshop64 said:

Aslains - 

If you download from his website make darn sure that you follow his download recommendations. I mistakenly hit the wrong "download" button and got an installer that riddled my computer with bloatware and browser extensions and who knows what else. I had to reboot, uninstall Chrome, run Malwarebytes (which found 305 threats) then run CCleaner before I got my computer working right again.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 hour ago, Raptor_alcor said:

Ah, I personally don't see much of an issue. This is really such a minor thing and a very strange thing to get angry/annoyed about. 

I don't care, but I can see why someone wanting to keep it as realistic as possible would hate that crap. I didn't even know about the ARP ship torps/camo until I bought the Kii and had to turn the camo for that on too. So if they can do craplike that I'm sure they could do the tracers too. Also, remember, there are a lot of collections coming ... This could turn in to World of Rainbows in short order.

[PSP]
Members
6,350 posts
8,977 battles
15 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Careful now. If you believe the other threads, than using mods for purely cosmetic purposes is the same as cheating.

The reason that ReShade was banned is not that it changed the aesthetics of the game but that it tied in so intimately with the game's code that the potential for exploitation was too great. It was more of a security issue than anything. Remember that WOWS is not just a game but a sales platform too.

Edited by Snargfargle

[BBC]
Members
939 posts
12,337 battles
4 hours ago, ENO75 said:

colored tracers and smoke  were used to dial in the guns historically. im sure the US captains were like oh man that  incoming fire is ugly, they need to change that !

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

The reason that ReShade was banned is not that it changed the aesthetics of the game but that it tied in so intimately with the game's code that the potential for exploitation was too great. It was more of a security issue than anything. Remember that WOWS is not just a game but a sales platform too.

Not what I was talking about. If you don't understand what I was pointing to, than you haven't been paying attention to the various threads discussing mods that have popped up since the Autoban business.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

It's not even a tracer... it's some long tally-wag contrail. It's not like it makes the shell more apparent- it's literally some ridiculous contrail. Turn that crapoff please. It's like some ARP [edited] explosion. I'm not interested in it. Some are. I'm not. I can turn the other crapoff. Let me turn this crapoff. 

Edited by ENO75

[PSP]
Members
6,350 posts
8,977 battles
14 minutes ago, ENO75 said:

It's not even a tracer... it's some long tally-wag contrail. 

Actual large-caliber artillery pieces don't use tracer rounds. You can, however, see an 8" shell in flight. I was amazed at this the first time we direct-fired the howitzers.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Actual large-caliber artillery pieces don't use tracer rounds. You can, however, see an 8" shell in flight. I was amazed at this the first time we direct-fired the howitzers.

Call it what you want. I want to turn it off. I'm certain others don't give a [edited] about someone having the Yamamoto skipper any more so than they give a [edited] about Dunkirk or segal.you have him? Great. Enjoy the various benefits. But turn off (or give me the option to turn off) the my little pony / care bear stare [edited]. 

Edited by ENO75

[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts
8 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

They used to add dye to shell caps so that misses would produce colored splashes, and each ship could identify which of the splashes belonged to it

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Red Tracers are the tattletale in tier 1-2-3-4 you are a Seal CLubber. I guess you don't want to feel shame for your heavy advantage you are employing against the New Players.