You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CLUCH_CARGO

PvE vs PvP

43 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
13,734 posts
8,847 battles
2 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Does everyone just  read to their trigger then reply? With the responses I see this seems to me to be the normal here. Nothing removes choice it is offered,at a point in the game a commitment to either or style. Is it the commitment that scares the crap out of people? Premiums ships are totally exempt from this rule as well as captain skill points. But In my opinion this commitment is a healthy choice. 

That is not it. It is restricting choice. There are people who only play PvP. There are people who only play PvE. But as I understand it, the majority play both. Some lean heavily one way or the other, but they still want both. Sorry, this would be a detriment to the game IMO.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,379 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

It is now an official Post I got pmgaudio to reply lol

rUsdzR0.gif

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, pmgaudio said:

this has got to be Troll post of the year so far....
I mean really Clutch,.. you CANNOT even be serious about this... AND at the same time you suggest it knowing it is rediculous you defend it,m and mock us for mocking you??

8/10 for troll of the year...

You get it! you are the best the first few lines give it away and only you got it Yes this is a troll post

[NMKJT]
Members
3,488 posts
47 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

This will bring out the best and worse of the opinions of each style of play, for that I am sorry.:cap_wander_2:  I would like the two  to get along but this will never happen.:cap_rambo: There is a very large number of Players who have never experienced  the whole game as intended. I would like to point out that some PvP players  enjoy Clubbing the poor seals and laugh at them [not Me no challenge in it]. I will also point out some PvE players want to give out "Expert Advise"  to all Players of all modes { again not Me } I would like to see a hard definitive line drawn between the two modes.

This Line being drawn @ tier 4... Any ships earned in the first 4 tiers can go to either or mode. Any ships earned solely in PvE after tier 4 can only be used in PvE any ships earned in PvP can only play PvP. Ships that earn PvP rewards can not go back to PvE after tier 4 those who test their ships above 4 in PvE can do so as long as they need but once it is used in PvP it can not go back. The grind for top tiers ships is not limited to one mode but once a ship is past 100 battles in PvE it is locked in PvE.{ A toggle will be inserted to allow the player to choose if this ship will be for PvE or PvP game play.}

Any and All Exp earned in PvE stays in PvE. Every ship earned through the grind of the previous ship is not eligible for the mode change.{Once the toggle is set}

A Tier 5 ship fully updated in PvE will remain in PvE as well as any future ships from that ship line. only PvP updated ships will progress up the PvP. 

I hope this is not to involved and hard to read.

I think this is pretty self explanatory .

Thanks for your time,

Cluch

To me this won't work. First off, operations is tier 6 and draws from both populations. Does a PVPer need to grind to tier 6 to run an op? Silly

Second, would I have to grind two lines if I want a Khab? That's too much

I don't get the benefits of further fracturing the player base

[NERO]
Members
3,606 posts
14 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

That is one of the things about PvE that I like. You can potato bad and not really hurt the team since it is easier to carry.

I remember one time in Tirpitz being chased around and around an island by half the enemy team after my whole team somehow managed to sink and slowly whittling them away. It was probably the most ridiculous looking thing I've ever done in this game. Shame I didn't have replays on so I could speed it up and set Benny Hill music to it

[NDA]
Supertester
3,916 posts
1,564 battles
16 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Does everyone just  read to their trigger then reply? With the responses I see this seems to me to be the normal here. Nothing removes choice it is offered,at a point in the game a commitment to either or style. Is it the commitment that scares the crap out of people? Premiums ships are totally exempt from this rule as well as captain skill points. But In my opinion this commitment is a healthy choice. 

No, I just fail to see the point.  You're forced into making a choice that then limits your gameplay from then on.  How in all that is Holy could this be considered a good thing?

17 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

now THAT IS THE FUNNIEST EFFING THING I HAVE READ EVER!!!!

Heh, well I am glad that it amused you, and that I took the time to look up the reference so no one could accuse me of stealing a joke and claiming it was mine. ;)  And it is much funnier to hear Kelsey Grammer say it than it is to read it.  The show is available on Netflix, and IIRC this line comes up in the first 5 minutes of the episode.

[PVE]
Members
13,734 posts
8,847 battles
3 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

I remember one time in Tirpitz being chased around and around an island by half the enemy team after my whole team somehow managed to sink and slowly whittling them away. It was probably the most ridiculous looking thing I've ever done in this game. Shame I didn't have replays on so I could speed it up and set Benny Hill music to it

:Smile_teethhappy:

[5IN]
Members
1,957 posts
9,064 battles

Before he admitted to trolling, I was going to suggest reading between the lines.  Its pointless now, but here goes:

Maybe what he's trying to get at is that PVE players who go up the lines to the top, only playing PVE, should not be allowed to drop into PVP without some semblance of experience in that play mode.

This is not my position, just an interpretation of his post.  Personally, I don't care either way.  Play the game how you want and have fun.  

B

Edited by bassmasta76

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,070 posts
3,895 battles

Bait successful. Nice work, OP.

1395209248456.png

Edited by AraAragami

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,772 posts
19,577 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

This will bring out the best and worse of the opinions of each style of play, for that I am sorry.:cap_wander_2:  I would like the two  to get along but this will never happen.:cap_rambo: 

Coming from you this is rich. You troll every post about PvE play with your nasty comments. Your idea is stupid and I believe you know that. 

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,379 battles
26 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

No, I just fail to see the point.  You're forced into making a choice that then limits your gameplay from then on.  How in all that is Holy could this be considered a good thing?

Heh, well I am glad that it amused you, and that I took the time to look up the reference so no one could accuse me of stealing a joke and claiming it was mine. ;)  And it is much funnier to hear Kelsey Grammer say it than it is to read it.  The show is available on Netflix, and IIRC this line comes up in the first 5 minutes of the episode.

yes... yes it is....

and I foresee my usage of this in a vast number of upcoming rant threads...

THANK you for that, I did LOVE this show and completely for got about this

Edited by pmgaudio

[-DPF-]
Members
773 posts
8,777 battles
58 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Sorry, but this is simply disingenuous!  Forcing a commitment is restricting choice.  That is now, and always has been true.  That is, in fact, the whole point of a commitment.  You may think that restricting choice is a worthwhile tradeoff for whatever benefit you perceive from forcing a commitment, and you are entitled to your opinion.  However almost every other poster here disagrees with your opinion, and even more, disagrees with your dishonest mischaracterization of both your stance and their views.

[PVE]
Members
13,734 posts
8,847 battles
20 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

yes... yes it is....

and I foresee my usage of this in a vast number of upcoming rant threads...

THANK you for that, I did LOVE this show and completely for got about this

:Smile_teethhappy:

[SYN]
Members
261 posts
10,553 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

This will bring out the best and worse of the opinions of each style of play, for that I am sorry.:cap_wander_2:  I would like the two  to get along but this will never happen.:cap_rambo: There is a very large number of Players who have never experienced  the whole game as intended. I would like to point out that some PvP players  enjoy Clubbing the poor seals and laugh at them [not Me no challenge in it]. I will also point out some PvE players want to give out "Expert Advise"  to all Players of all modes { again not Me } I would like to see a hard definitive line drawn between the two modes.

This Line being drawn @ tier 4... Any ships earned in the first 4 tiers can go to either or mode. Any ships earned solely in PvE after tier 4 can only be used in PvE any ships earned in PvP can only play PvP. Ships that earn PvP rewards can not go back to PvE after tier 4 those who test their ships above 4 in PvE can do so as long as they need but once it is used in PvP it can not go back. The grind for top tiers ships is not limited to one mode but once a ship is past 100 battles in PvE it is locked in PvE.{ A toggle will be inserted to allow the player to choose if this ship will be for PvE or PvP game play.}

Any and All Exp earned in PvE stays in PvE. Every ship earned through the grind of the previous ship is not eligible for the mode change.{Once the toggle is set}

A Tier 5 ship fully updated in PvE will remain in PvE as well as any future ships from that ship line. only PvP updated ships will progress up the PvP. 

I hope this is not to involved and hard to read.

I think this is pretty self explanatory .

Thanks for your time,

Cluch

NO

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,662 battles

Dear lord no. I may be a PVE main but jesus locking a ship to PVE if you earned it in PVE would REQUIRE PVE to get better rewareds else it'd be an EXTREMELY punishing system. EVERY one of my ship lines I have would be perminantly locked to PVE based on your decisions. 

If this EVER came to pass I know I would quit immediately, I may be a PVE main but there are times I wish to poke out into PVP as much as I hate doing so normally. 

With the knowledge that this entire thread was a troll post I honestly hope OP suffers some kind of punishment for actively breaking forum rules by inciting unrest in a very vile way. 

[WOLF1]
Members
3,966 posts
1,550 battles
4 hours ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Yeah, you could send it to Jingles, and he'd do *exactly* that to it...

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,379 battles
22 hours ago, Raptor_alcor said:

Dear lord no. I may be a PVE main but jesus locking a ship to PVE if you earned it in PVE would REQUIRE PVE to get better rewareds else it'd be an EXTREMELY punishing system. EVERY one of my ship lines I have would be perminantly locked to PVE based on your decisions. 

If this EVER came to pass I know I would quit immediately, I may be a PVE main but there are times I wish to poke out into PVP as much as I hate doing so normally. 

With the knowledge that this entire thread was a troll post I honestly hope OP suffers some kind of punishment for actively breaking forum rules by inciting unrest in a very vile way. 

and just WHERE IN THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN>>???