You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CLUCH_CARGO

PvE vs PvP

43 comments in this topic

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

This will bring out the best and worse of the opinions of each style of play, for that I am sorry.:cap_wander_2:  I would like the two  to get along but this will never happen.:cap_rambo: There is a very large number of Players who have never experienced  the whole game as intended. I would like to point out that some PvP players  enjoy Clubbing the poor seals and laugh at them [not Me no challenge in it]. I will also point out some PvE players want to give out "Expert Advise"  to all Players of all modes { again not Me } I would like to see a hard definitive line drawn between the two modes.

This Line being drawn @ tier 4... Any ships earned in the first 4 tiers can go to either or mode. Any ships earned solely in PvE after tier 4 can only be used in PvE any ships earned in PvP can only play PvP. Ships that earn PvP rewards can not go back to PvE after tier 4 those who test their ships above 4 in PvE can do so as long as they need but once it is used in PvP it can not go back. The grind for top tiers ships is not limited to one mode but once a ship is past 100 battles in PvE it is locked in PvE.{ A toggle will be inserted to allow the player to choose if this ship will be for PvE or PvP game play.}

Any and All Exp earned in PvE stays in PvE. Every ship earned through the grind of the previous ship is not eligible for the mode change.{Once the toggle is set}

A Tier 5 ship fully updated in PvE will remain in PvE as well as any future ships from that ship line. only PvP updated ships will progress up the PvP. 

I hope this is not to involved and hard to read.

I think this is pretty self explanatory .

Thanks for your time,

Cluch

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,376 posts
8,562 battles

I think this gets the "Worst Idea of the Week Award"

• Cool 13

Members
150 posts
2,332 battles

That being said, PvE can be useful for learning how a ship behaves and how play it. It's basically the training room mod for those that don't have it.

[PSP]
Members
6,342 posts
8,968 battles

PVE is a good place to go when you are building up a new ship, especially a carrier. Take a stock US carrier with an untrained commander into a PVP battle and you are doing a great disservice to your team. Other people like PVE as it is more laid back and friendly than PVE. Sometimes I play PVE just to have fun. For instance, I like to see just how many bots I can kill in as short of time as possible before they are all gone or just how many I can ram with the ramming flag before I'm sunk myself. Sometimes I make up mini-games, like using only secondaries, only one torpedo at a time with British cruisers, only the "wrong" type of ammo, etc. At other times I seek out new players to give advice to. There are lots of things to do in PVE. Not to mention that if getting into a PVP match is slow then PVE guarantee you a game in 30 seconds.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,688 posts
3,833 battles

This is unnecessarily complicated for something that wouldn't add anything to the game at all.

Players that prefer PVE will stay on PVE on their own accord and avoid PVP as much as possible.

Vise versa on PVP players.

[HINON]
Members
9,055 posts

Restricting ships to each mode is a really silly idea. I play both and would not want to be locked into either mode all the time. Freedom of choice is very important to many players and this would drive players away. Besides, I like gunning down peasants in my spare time.

dZywart.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,468 posts
9,585 battles

Not sure what problem this idea is trying to address? Why would you want that sort of limit on players?

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,496 battles

Cluch_Cargo, at Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe.

If I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in your idea.

*** Dialogue paraphrased from Frasier, Season 1, Episode 9.

• Cool 1

[OPG]
[OPG]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,329 battles

This is an awful idea tbh. 

If you want to play a mode, do so. If you don't, don't. 

If someone wants to take their (insert whatever ship) into either mode, there is zero reason to restrict them. 

We could probably get this idea guest-starred on the...

45348.jpg

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

I honestly don't feel there's that much animosity between PVE and PVP players. I mean, the majority of my gameplay when I started was PVE till I figured out how to calculate lead and all that junk. Now it's mostly PVP but I still use PVE if I'm not in the mood to be fully "on" or if I'm learning a new ship or if I just need a quick 1000 XP to finish my third daily crate before bed. 

Heck sometimes I do PVE just to bash through as many first win double XP bonuses as I can since they're so fast compared to PvP and I have so bloody many ships in port. Most of my lower tier ships only see use in PVE since I'm not a member of the clubbing club. 

Sure you get a few PVP players that make fun of PVE players and few PVE players that insist PVP players are elitist scum even when they're politely stating facts about how the game works, but it /really/ isn't that bad is it? A few stray jerks on both sides, but most of us understand both types of gameplay have their reasons for existing. 

Heck I wish WoT had a Co-op mode like WoWS does because as much as I want to play that game it's really, REALLY hard to learn when you die in seconds to a mistake you never knew you were making. Co-op is valuable to the community. 

• Cool 1

[OPEC]
Members
946 posts
5,108 battles

Part of the benefit of introducing alternate game modes is to give people variety (if they want it).  Locking ships into specific modes would devalue that concept a lot.

Edited by delp5117

[PSP]
Members
6,342 posts
8,968 battles
3 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

I still use PVE if I'm not in the mood to be fully "on" or if I'm learning a new ship or if I just need a quick 1000 XP to finish my third daily crate before bed. 

Me too! I didn't know if anyone else did that. If I'm really sleepy but that crate is going to be lost if I don't play just one more game I will sometimes just go in and ram a bot for the points.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

Me too! I didn't know if anyone else did that. If I'm really sleepy but that crate is going to be lost if I don't play just one more game I will sometimes just go in and ram a bot for the points.

I bet no one even notices you rammed something since friendly bots mostly just ram enemy bots anyway. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
4,178 posts
36 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

This Line being drawn @ tier 4... Any ships earned in the first 4 tiers can go to either or mode. Any ships earned solely in PvE after tier 4 can only be used in PvE any ships earned in PvP can only play PvP.

So, what about premiums?

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,496 battles
Just now, TTK_Aegis said:

I bet no one even notices you rammed something since friendly bots mostly just ram enemy bots anyway. :Smile_teethhappy:

Hell, half the time there's only other bots there to notice.  No live players' experiences were harmed, etc.

[PVE]
Members
9,888 posts
7,492 battles
7 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

I honestly don't feel there's that much animosity between PVE and PVP players. I mean, the majority of my gameplay when I started was PVE till I figured out how to calculate lead and all that junk. Now it's mostly PVP but I still use PVE if I'm not in the mood to be fully "on" or if I'm learning a new ship or if I just need a quick 1000 XP to finish my third daily crate before bed. 

Heck sometimes I do PVE just to bash through as many first win double XP bonuses as I can since they're so fast compared to PvP and I have so bloody many ships in port. Most of my lower tier ships only see use in PVE since I'm not a member of the clubbing club. 

Sure you get a few PVP players that make fun of PVE players and few PVE players that insist PVP players are elitist scum even when they're politely stating facts about how the game works, but it /really/ isn't that bad is it? A few stray jerks on both sides, but most of us understand both types of gameplay have their reasons for existing. 

Heck I wish WoT had a Co-op mode like WoWS does because as much as I want to play that game it's really, REALLY hard to learn when you die in seconds to a mistake you never knew you were making. Co-op is valuable to the community. 

You pretty much summed up my feelings about PvE and PvP. I think PvE is great for getting over the +2 MM at T5. I know I'm more confident in PvP when I'm bottom tier now.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
26 minutes ago, Spyde said:

I think this gets the "Worst Idea of the Week Award"

14 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

Cluch_Cargo, at Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe.

If I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in your idea.

13 minutes ago, DOCTOR_CITADEL said:

This is an awful idea tbh. 

If you want to play a mode, do so. If you don't, don't. 

If someone wants to take their (insert whatever ship) into either mode, there is zero reason to restrict them. 

We could probably get this idea guest-starred on the...

45348.jpg

:Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[-V-]
Members
803 posts
3,640 battles

IT'S A FREE GAME

20 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

There is a very large number of Players who have never experienced  the whole game as intended.

Explain "the whole game as intended"

21 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

This will bring out the best and worse of the opinions of each style of play, for that I am sorry.:cap_wander_2:  I would like the two  to get along but this will never happen.:cap_rambo: There is a very large number of Players who have never experienced  the whole game as intended. I would like to point out that some PvP players  enjoy Clubbing the poor seals and laugh at them [not Me no challenge in it]. I will also point out some PvE players want to give out "Expert Advise"  to all Players of all modes { again not Me } I would like to see a hard definitive line drawn between the two modes.

This Line being drawn @ tier 4... Any ships earned in the first 4 tiers can go to either or mode. Any ships earned solely in PvE after tier 4 can only be used in PvE any ships earned in PvP can only play PvP. Ships that earn PvP rewards can not go back to PvE after tier 4 those who test their ships above 4 in PvE can do so as long as they need but once it is used in PvP it can not go back. The grind for top tiers ships is not limited to one mode but once a ship is past 100 battles in PvE it is locked in PvE.{ A toggle will be inserted to allow the player to choose if this ship will be for PvE or PvP game play.}

Any and All Exp earned in PvE stays in PvE. Every ship earned through the grind of the previous ship is not eligible for the mode change.{Once the toggle is set}

A Tier 5 ship fully updated in PvE will remain in PvE as well as any future ships from that ship line. only PvP updated ships will progress up the PvP.

How about War Gaming

1) Do what you say you will do.

2) Quit promising something they can't or won't keep.

3) wth. It's a free game. Drawing lines on who can play what and when?

4) CS is awful.

28 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

There is a very large number of Players who have never experienced  the whole game as intended. I would like to point out that some PvP players  enjoy Clubbing

Unfortunately, War Gaming, I believe likes and encourages Seal Clubbing, especially from the veteran players. It sells more Premiums. This is how they make they money. They know new players aren't gonna stay for long. They are only hoping that the new players will throw money at least once. As long as they have recurring Alpa & Beta players, they are happy because they believe they can count on them to keep the "Ships Afloat"

War Gaming is the worst ON LINE GAMING COMPANY ever.

They Failed at Planes. They're failing at Tanks. And they're gonna fail at Ships.

They don't get it.

THEY NEED TO FIRE some of the people who make these dumb decisions. I feel sorry for Sub_Octavian. Because I don't believe he has control or much say on what's going on.

BTW: I'm being nice here.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Does everyone just  read to their trigger then reply? With the responses I see this seems to me to be the normal here. Nothing removes choice it is offered,at a point in the game a commitment to either or style. Is it the commitment that scares the crap out of people? Premiums ships are totally exempt from this rule as well as captain skill points. But In my opinion this commitment is a healthy choice. 

[PVE]
Members
9,888 posts
7,492 battles
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

2 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

That is one of the things about PvE that I like. You can potato bad and not really hurt the team since it is easier to carry. :Smile_child: :Smile_teethhappy:

1 minute ago, kerensky914 said:

Hell, half the time there's only other bots there to notice.  No live players' experiences were harmed, etc.

Oh yeah. For my own amusement I've been encouraging the Green Bots when they make up most or all of the team. :Smile_teethhappy:

Spoiler

bD485Gw.jpg

OS8e0YF.jpg

nZfCtVb.jpg

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,450 battles
18 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

now THAT IS THE FUNNIEST EFFING THING I HAVE READ EVER!!!!

1vyiT0J.gif

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,450 battles
2 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Does everyone just  read to their trigger then reply? With the responses I see this seems to me to be the normal here. Nothing removes choice it is offered,at a point in the game a commitment to either or style. Is it the commitment that scares the crap out of people? Premiums ships are totally exempt from this rule as well as captain skill points. But In my opinion this commitment is a healthy choice. 

DistT8f.jpg

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, pmgaudio said:

now THAT IS THE FUNNIEST EFFING THING I HAVE READ EVER!!!!

1vyiT0J.gif

It is now an official Post I got pmgaudio to reply lol

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,450 battles

this has got to be Troll post of the year so far....
I mean really Clutch,.. you CANNOT even be serious about this... AND at the same time you suggest it knowing it is rediculous you defend it,m and mock us for mocking you??

8/10 for troll of the year...

• Cool 1