Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BeastOfBoston3

Flags.dds File Mod (Help Needed, kinda...)

3 comments in this topic

[PROJX]
Members
48 posts
7,991 battles

Hey guys!

So I've been working on a mod that replaces certain flags in game with my clan's emblem, or various other undecided things. At the moment I have a flags.dds file that is from a previous version and created by someone else... The issue? Well I don't want to see the American flag with a nazi emblem in it (previous modder's content, you may know the mod). I'm not too good with modding but I know that the flags.dds file used to be under "content" in the "res" folder. However, I've gotten a new computer and downloaded with the game center app since my last mod... Where do I find the file now? Or is it even still possible to do these kinds of mods anymore?

Also, I am aware that there is a forum that tells of how to write your own file, but I don't have the software to perform that kind of editing / modding (it also takes quite a bit of time) and I would much rather take this approach.

Thanks in advance!

- BeastOfBoston3

[WAIFU]
Members
1,110 posts
6,050 battles

Hello BeastofBoston and welcome to the great world of modding!

If you want to get the original flag file, you will have to unpack it. Pretty much everything is now packed and you need to unpack it. To do so, you will need the unpacker found here. You may have to get a new version every new patch, but MajorRenegade is very quick on updating the link. Using the unpacker, you will find the flag.dds file in /content/gameplay/common/flags/.

From your post, it seems like you have the tools to edit dds files, but if you don't do let me know.

Alternatively, MasaruKondera has a pretty neat tutorial on how to edit the flag atlas. Some people prefer this way of managing the flags.

Hope that helps!

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Members
48 posts
7,991 battles
4 hours ago, garfield001 said:

Hello BeastofBoston and welcome to the great world of modding!

If you want to get the original flag file, you will have to unpack it. Pretty much everything is now packed and you need to unpack it. To do so, you will need the unpacker found here. You may have to get a new version every new patch, but MajorRenegade is very quick on updating the link. Using the unpacker, you will find the flag.dds file in /content/gameplay/common/flags/.

From your post, it seems like you have the tools to edit dds files, but if you don't do let me know.

Alternatively, MasaruKondera has a pretty neat tutorial on how to edit the flag atlas. Some people prefer this way of managing the flags.

Hope that helps!

Ah! Yes, the unpacker... I recall using that once a while ago for a skin mod on the Isokaze. Thanks for those links, and I am using paint.net for the .dds file editing (paid a little for the version in the Microsoft Store).

Sign in to follow this