You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
S842

ARP commander to regular ship - Language spoken?

18 comments in this topic

Members
176 posts
15,583 battles

I just got the Zao and thought I would take one of my ARP Myoko 10 point commanders and put him in the Zao.  I never play the ARP ships because I can't undersstand the Japanese girl (who speaks Japanese).  However, before I spend the credits to retrain for the Zao, I would like to know if I will continue to have this Japanese language voice-over.  If so, I am not going to do this and will instead sell my Ibuki and use that commander in the Zao.

Hopefully, someone has made a Commander transfer from an ARP ship and knows the answer to what language the voice-over will be.  Thanks.

Just adding this after a few replies.  I had already checked the settings and found no way to get the voice-over in English when the Commander is in the ARP ship.  My question is, does the Japanese voice-over continue if you assign an ARP commander to a regular ship?  If so, I won't use an ARP commander.

Edited by S842

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles

Just change the language and/or the voice in the settings.  I haven't experimented with it but I believe you can choose not to use the Mental Model voice.  I'm sure you'll get a more definitive answer soon, but if not I'll try to remember to check it out tonite, since now you've got me curious...

Edited by kerensky914

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,565 battles

I believe no. The voice stays, but do wait and get a definitive answer.

Edited by Unabletony

Members
9,966 posts
9 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

Just change the language and/or the voice in the settings.  I haven't experimented with it but I believe you can choose not to use the Mental Model voice.  I'm sure you'll get a more definitive answer soon, but if not I'll try to remember to check it out tonite, since now you've got me curious...

You cannot change it or force it, unless they've fixed it in the last  patch, you get the girl's voices, even when looking at male avatars.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

You cannot change it or force it, unless they've fixed it in the last  patch, you get the girl's voices, even when looking at male avatars.

Yeah, I know it was that way before.  I'm just thinking it *might* have been changed recently when they juggled some of that stuff about when the HSF collab started.  TBH I haven't really messed with it at all.

Members
9,966 posts
2 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

Yeah, I know it was that way before.  I'm just thinking it *might* have been changed recently when they juggled some of that stuff about when the HSF collab started.  TBH I haven't really messed with it at all.

I turned off the captain voices, I'll have to turn them back on to see.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Wasn't there something in Aslains that changes voices?

If not, I could've sworn there use to be a method someone posted to get rid of Steve Segals voice over.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I've kinda gotten used to Seagal's "People On 'ludes Should Not Drive Battleships" delivery, honestly.

Edited by kerensky914
  • Cool 2

[PSP]
Members
6,256 posts
8,898 battles
1 minute ago, Wulfgarn said:

Ah ha!!

It's really simple, took me about 30 seconds to do.

Edited by Snargfargle

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

THE VOICE STAYS.

Even if you send your teddy bear to the Hosho, then turn off ARP ...   The captain turns into an IJN captain...

You think...  yesssss..  go into battle ..  cute little girl voice: Yowzaaaaaamooowwwwww.

[PSP]
Members
6,256 posts
8,898 battles
8 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Is there something wrong with a Japanese captain speaking Japanese?

Not at all. Unfortunately, my Japanese knowledge is limited to saying things like "I am going to eat fish," which I learned because my former girlfriend's roommate was Japanese. Therefore, I like my ARP commanders to speak English so I'll know when important warnings are being broadcast.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles
7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Not at all. Unfortunately, my Japanese knowledge is limited to saying things like "I am going to eat fish," which I learned because my former girlfriend's roommate was Japanese. Therefore, I like my ARP commanders to speak English so I'll know when important warnings are being broadcast.

Custom voice packs override all over voice settings.

So your only option is to turn ARP off or mod the voices out completely.

Not like it's hard to tell what they're saying anyway, but whatever works for you.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles

Honestly I wish I could use the captains on non IJN ships too.

[PSP]
Members
6,256 posts
8,898 battles
25 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Me too. From the ARP, Southern Dragon and Scenario events. I've got well over a dozen 10-point IJN-compatible captains and have only used about four of them on ships. The rest are unassigned.

Edited by Snargfargle

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,418 posts
3,875 battles
27 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Well if WG renews their deal with ARS NOVA, we could get ARP Bismarck or ARP Lexington, or ARP Vampire even.