SuperNikoPower

Contest Frequency on the Forums

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

Contest Frequency   82 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the frequency of Forum contests per month?

• Too Many Overall
    • Too Many With Not Enough Variation
    • Just Right But Needs More Variation
    • Just Fine As It Is
    • Needs More

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 posts in this topic

@SuperNikoPower My lack of participation is due to:

• Creativity contests being something I'll never be good at and therefore no point in participating, and looking at the recent contest posted there is one in-game and three creativity/design.
  • The recent in game contests have been grind contests, rather than any form of skill based. Want to win the set fires contest? Play the KGV all weekend shooting HE. It doesn't allow for players who only want to play 10 or 20 battles in that ship to compete, whereas the max damage contests of the past allowed for someone to try to win it in 10-20 battles and then move on to playing other ships that they want to. If it was designed as "Get most number of fires with one arsonist in a battle" or "Get at least one arsonist during the competition and the highest average number of fires/game" I would at least consider competing for those. But rewarding essentially whatever players can play the most battles in a ship in a weekend is just not my cup of tea.

On a side note, my favourite competition you guys have hosted was the MARBLEHEAD competition/game. I realize that was a lot of work and a lot of ships were given out so I don't expect it to be done again, but I did have a blast hunting for the letters.

I just always forget to check the forum for new ones, so when I do, they're either all over or I never get around to doing the creative thing. Take shadow ships, for example. I had an idea, never got around to doing it.

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys. With your feedback and through some further research into past contests, I have made some changes to various contest formats. You will see these in upcoming contests. 

Be sure to thank the DEVS for adjusting the Skull & Bones camo for the NY, would ya Niko? Mighty fine of them to do so as it was a special contest reward. 

:cap_rambo:

Only have time for 1 contest so far, Corgi Captain week.  Absolutely like the contest, enjoyed to the max. Other contests either I don't have the resources or the type ship that required. More contest's variety is appreciated

2 cents from me: there was lots of,, art,, contest. For somebody who can draw or model it's easy to be best.

And if i spend 2-4 hours doing something for maybe win 1000 doublons is better to play the game:D

My idea: make competition in the game + some random pick to don't make it too exclusive for Unicurum players. For example: make arsonist achievement in weekend play and post it and you pick 5 from all post. From marketing view you need first build,, players base,, so make a competition where 100 players can make a post or something. 

Second as somebody mentioned you need to go more visible. Now i see contest just on the forum and just only on WG stuff sidebar. /i don't go deep in the forum section most of the time/

+1 for corgi weekend :D

And you promised us NY pirate camo competition,,one day again,, :D

Another idea: make some easy contests and let for like 10 forum contests awards commemorative flag. People like to grind something:D  and you will have followers for the whole year. And don't worry how to archive that. Players will post you all they win in forum when they have 10 of them, let archive it themselves 

Edited by Gandariel

I think the main issue with the contest is the lack of visibility, furthermore the irregularity of the contests is also a big drain on participation, a idea i would have is a bi weekly contest ending on the 7th and 21 of each month,That include good decent medium tier prize, like premium time, doubloons, or premum ships up to t5, and a monthly contest (that runs the full duration of the month but requires more commitment by the player) that rewards big prizes like 10 days premiumm time, thousands of doubloons, and premium ships up to t8.