You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

14 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
4,847 posts
13,843 battles

Posted on the WoWs Dev blog over on the FaceBook 

ST, Conqueror and Lion balancing

As the British battleships were introduced quite recently, a simple comparison to older branches doesn't make too much sense. Current Conqueror and Lion population hasn't quite stabilized yet. Therefore we analyzed the statistics of Conqueror owners compared to their appropriate numbers with Yamato, Montana and Grosser Kurfürst.

Average damage (in hit points):
Conqueror: 108 254
Montana: 97 142
Yamato: 95 917
G.K.: 91 981

Average damage (in HP %):
Conqueror: 161,49 (47,3 against cruisers, 96,2 against battleships, 15,8 against destroyers)
Montana: 162,25 (70,8 against cruisers, 71,7 against battleships, 16,9 against destroyers)
Yamato: 153,07 (60,9 against cruisers, 76,6 against battleships, 13,6 against destroyers)
G.K.: 155,45 (66,2 against cruisers, 71,7 against battleships, 16,9 against destroyers)

Average number of ships destroyed:
Conqueror: 0,93
Montana: 1,09
Yamato: 0,95
G.K.: 1,00

Average survival rate:
Conqueror: 52%
Montana: 45%
Yamato: 40%
G.K.: 40%

Average win rate:
Conqueror: 52%
Montana: 54%
Yamato: 52%
G.K.: 53%

Average lifetime (in minutes):
Conqueror: 12,46
Montana: 11,84
Yamato: 11,51
G.K.: 11,35

The story so far:
Conqueror does in fact have high average damage, but that is mostly due to his priority target - other battleships. However, as it is mostly damage by HE shells and fire, Repair Party is quite effective for mitigating that.
As of right now Conqueror's win rate is far from anomalous.
The only tangible thing at the moment is her average lifetime, but decreasing that might heavily impact her efficiency in other departments.
Comparing Lion to her closest adversaries bore similar results.

Using this data we will test the tweaks to performance stats:

Conqueror
- Repair party I consumable recharge time is increased from 120 to 180 seconds;
- Repair party II consumable recharge time is increased from 80 to 120 seconds;
- Detectability range is increased from 14,76 km to 15,66 km;
- Detectability range while firing from smoke screen is increased from 15,85 km to 16,69 km.

Lion
- Repair party I consumable recharge time is increased from 120 to 180 seconds;
- Repair party II consumable recharge time is increased from 80 to 120 seconds.

These changes should balance Conqueror's performance against the other ships of this tier. She will, however, still have the best concealment among the group and the ability to take the most momentary damage thanks to Repair Party.

The world still wonders about the HE spam values. 

This has been the RedSeaBear reporting for the Sinksalot News Agency. 

[RBIA]
Members
337 posts
8,256 battles

I'm looking forward to the results of the tests of these changes. :) It will be very interesting to see whether these make a positive impact on gameplay.

--IronDuke

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,732 posts
15,384 battles

Good thing I'm about to get to Lion!  -__-

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,815 posts
10,360 battles
Just now, Lord_Zath said:

Good thing I'm about to get to Lion!  -__-

Monarch is so unenjoyable, I was buoyed by the thought of Lion, well she'll still be better than Mongrel...

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,732 posts
15,384 battles
1 minute ago, mofton said:

Monarch is so unenjoyable, I was buoyed by the thought of Lion, well she'll still be better than Mongrel...

Yeah I'm not really enjoying her either.  I thought about blowing FXP to jump to the Lion, but with incoming nerfs this soon, I guess I'll just keep grinding away!

Members
1,936 posts

That's a very reasonable presentation and thought process by WG.

Of note to me is how they break down damage done by target type. 

It's another reminder that  WG has access to another world of data points that we do not  - and  that no, your warship stat website is not the font of truth you think it is.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,340 posts

If (and I say IF) tier X ships only matched up with other tier X ships then this comparison might be valid.

However since the Conflagrator almost always sees tier VIII and IX ships as well as tier X, I am just going to file this under "O" for Obfuscation and get on with my life.

[VVV]
Beta Testers
800 posts
5,166 battles

Like I mentioned in another thread about this, I don't feel nerfing it's repair cool down or it's concealment will affect the surviving stats. I think without changes and more players getting the ship will lower that as it is. However for myself I feel like these changes will push me to stay back behind the line more so then I do now. The high surviving rate is more because of how the ships play style is, not because it's OP. As for damage, Keep in mind at least 40% or more of that damage number is repaired. So I'd say if anything the ship is the one with the least amount of damage done and the amount it sinks shows that too.

In my opinion, This nerf wont make the people mad happy, They want fire chance nerfed and if they was to do that I think they should use the 419's as AP style gameplay and BUFF AP in line with other nations, And use the 457's as a high fire starting rate like it has. Because if you nerf this ship where it does it's damage you'll soon have a completely useless ship. When it comes to concealment you're not going to fix the already bad passive play the ship has. You'll make it worse. 

[DACO]
Members
174 posts
9,615 battles

I actually enjoy the Monarch, once I realized the strength of her bow armor.  I don't like the words nerf when I'm already deep into the Lion....dam!

[JASH]
Members
385 posts
5,252 battles

did they track module damage?

Getting anti AA guns knocked out by conqueror HE spam right before his buddy in a CV torps me sounds very pleasant.