You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Conq and Lion changes from Dev Blog

120 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
4,847 posts
13,843 battles

Lol the breaking news posts and here I thought I was going to get to it first. 

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,580 battles
7 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Lol the breaking news posts and here I thought I was going to get to it first. 

Lol I saw yours and another pop up a minute after posting my thread :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,883 posts
1,338 battles

So, the 'nerf Conq' crowd is going to cry, since their HE is untouched.  However, it's not quite as much of a zombie as it was, either, with the cooldown nerfed, and the concealment nerfed a bit.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,847 posts
13,843 battles
2 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Lol I saw yours and another pop up a minute after posting my thread :Smile_teethhappy:

Same, I even clicked refresh twice on the main page to see if any post popped up while creating mine. 

But I do believe my post tags are funnier lol. 

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,580 battles
8 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Same, I even clicked refresh twice on the main page to see if any post popped up while creating mine. 

But I do believe my post tags are funnier lol. 

Oh they are :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Members
1,062 posts
4,736 battles

The Conq should actually be better at deleting cruiser than the Monty is - that short timing fuse is a problem for thin armor that doesn't allow for overpens as easily, but the average player is farming other BB's for fire damage.

In any event, I'm personally over it.  If Wargaming wants BB's firing HE, we are stuck with it.  I do wish folks in other battleships on my team would stop firing HE and wait for something they can punish with heavy AP volleys.  My problem with the ship has always been the style of play and how it would teach idiots bad habits.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles

How am I not shocked. This is the same as nerfing Khabs torps. Big whoop.

• Cool 4

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,580 battles
4 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Nelson should be the only zombie ship, therefore, I approve of this. :cap_haloween:

Lion and Conq will still be zombie ships. This really is not going to change much at all.

Members
379 posts
5,841 battles
21 minutes ago, Psicopro said:

The Conq should actually be better at deleting cruiser than the Monty is - that short timing fuse is a problem for thin armor that doesn't allow for overpens as easily, but the average player is farming other BB's for fire damage.

In any event, I'm personally over it.  If Wargaming wants BB's firing HE, we are stuck with it.  I do wish folks in other battleships on my team would stop firing HE and wait for something they can punish with heavy AP volleys.  My problem with the ship has always been the style of play and how it would teach idiots bad habits.

My thoughts exactly.

[VVV]
Beta Testers
800 posts
5,166 battles

Interesting, I think they feel like they have to do something from all the nerf posts, But already from the stats they posted to what we had has changed a lot. In fact the only stat I see a big deal about is living longer, And nerfing the heal time along with the concealment wont decrease that surviving %, Since it will just push me to stay back further from the battle then I do now. However that % will go down in time (without changes) when more people get the ship and play it.

Overall, I expected a nerf. I'm glad WG didn't go crazy with it so early. But I really feel to nerf this ship without ruining it, they will need to also buff the ship in other areas. Such as nerfing fire chance that everyone wants, which will then hurt the ship too damage wise since the numbers they just gave is a tad higher then avg but again fire damage mostly, and that's repaired! So in real numbers that's probably closer to half. In my opinion AP would have to get a pretty big buff on the 419's. Also I think that would be pretty cool too! If you want fire damage go with the 457's, and for high ap damage go with 419's. 

I'll give the changes a try before I judge. But this wont change the minds of people saying it's op. Even though it sinks less then any other battleship, and I can see that myself playing it. Unless you get a hit on a low health target at the last minute, other ships nuke your kill due to AP. As for win rate, I notice this as well. I had a game just yesterday, pulling out 253k damage, 18 fires, and like 3 or 4 sinks myself and still couldn't carry a team to win. The ship just can't carry cause the dang thing can't push a objective or a group of ships like the other BB's can. Lastly the lifetime of the ship is high because of it's playstyle not because of how OP it is. You're a support ship. Meant to be in line or right behind your team providing support. Not front lines duking it out.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,982 posts
7,530 battles
14 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Lion and Conq will still be zombie ships. This really is not going to change much at all.

Must you ruin this for me? Really? :(

[YORHA]
Members
3,348 posts

This is a pretty typical WG response.  As I said elsewhere if the Combustinator only saw other tier X ships then the comparisons might be valid.  It doesn't and they aren't.

However this "fix" is akin to telling your car dealership that your left rear wheel fell off and they put an extra spare in the trunk.   It avoids the actual problem.

Members
379 posts
5,841 battles

One thing that surprises me is that they are going to leave the lower tier ships alone, Orion is stronger than Nikolai in its current state, and they wont sell the Nikolai anymore because its too strong, but everyone can sail an Orion

[CAPGO]
Members
529 posts
3,321 battles

I actually like the changes. Yes their HE is still monstrous but let it be their trait.

I don't mind if they want to change the meta. Let it be HE spam or anything. Just make them BALANCED.

The reason I like this nerf is, they are reducing their survivability and keeping their national flavor (Strong HE).

And I also like how they didn't drop the Nerf Sledge Hammer.

Let's start from small nerf. But I want them to be open for more nerfing IF it's deemed necessary after another data collect.

Now, what they have not addressed is the Orion. Orion is just another OP beast at tier 4.  Do something with 1/4 calculation at low tier.

Edited by 0806sung

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,580 battles
3 minutes ago, 0806sung said:

I actually like the changes. Yes their HE is still monstrous but let it be their trait.

I don't mind if they want to change the meta. Let it be HE spam or anything. Just make them BALANCED.

The reason I like this nerf is, they are reducing their survivability and keeping their national flavor (Strong HE).

And I also like how they didn't drop the Nerf Sledge Hammer.

Let's start from small nerf. But I want them to be open for more nerfing IF it's deemed necessary after another data collect.

Now, what they have not addressed is the Orion. Orion is just another OP beast at tier 4.  Do something with 1/4 calculation at low tier.

This change more than likely really won’t hurt Conq at all. It’s like the “nerf” they gave to Khab by removing her 10km torps. Or thenkne where they nerfed her rudder shift. Yet she’s still fast enough that she can just speed tank by going in a straight line at full speed and most potatoes still can’t hit her even if theirblife depended on it lol. It’s a pointless nerf just so they can say to all the people complaining about her that they “nerfed” her.

[SYN]
Members
14,459 posts
10,475 battles

So now it only goes down to 11.76km concealment, instead of its utterly ridiculous 11.08km concealment.

Yay:fish_palm:

• Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles

The Conq's concealment was utter [edited] though.  This is better.  Also increases the value of the old stealth girl: NC

[CAPGO]
Members
529 posts
3,321 battles
10 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

This change more than likely really won’t hurt Conq at all. It’s like the “nerf” they gave to Khab by removing her 10km torps. Or thenkne where they nerfed her rudder shift. Yet she’s still fast enough that she can just speed tank by going in a straight line at full speed and most potatoes still can’t hit her even if theirblife depended on it lol. It’s a pointless nerf just so they can say to all the people complaining about her that they “nerfed” her.

Like I said, I want them to be open minded for more nerfs if necessary.

I always thought Conq was OP, but I don't like when WG drops a huge nerf on a ship.

We can always go progressively.

And you might say this nerf won't really do any hurt on Conq but these small things actually DO matter.

Especially for people who don't know how to sail her now. 

Conq used to be TOO MUCH forgiving for any noobs as it really didn't have any weakness that players had to be careful of.

But now with longer repair cooldown, people who don't know how to sail her will be punished harder as they will be shutdown early game in focus fire.

Unicums will still prob be okay with this nerf and still be very powerful because they know how to squeeze out every possible hitpoints out of a battleship, but at least this is a start.

I just like how they are tweaking the survivability and not killing the national flavor, the HE.(Though I think it would be okay to tweak their fire chance just a little bit)

Edited by 0806sung

[DAY]
Members
1,186 posts
11,759 battles

my biggest issue with RN BB is their survivability...

RN CL repair is only balanced with RN CL citadel.....

they are moving in the correct direction, just wish they would actually raise the citadel to old iowa height(i mean, even with that citadel height, RN BB survival wont be an issue considering its supreme concealment + ridiculous heal)