You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

New Star Wars: The last jedi trailer (10/10/17)

25 comments in this topic

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles

They released this newest trailer today, enjoy

I can't wait for this to come out *high screech schoolgirl sound*

• Cool 2

[FDK]
Members
1,078 posts
6,161 battles

You know, disney could learn 2-3 things from Obsidian about making choreographies for Star Wars 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

From what I heard, there is a lot of spoilers to the film from the trailer. 

Personally, I'm gonna avoid them and wait to see it.

[SAA]
Members
856 posts
27,250 battles

I don't know, I guess I'm old and miss the first ones and how simple they were.  It just seems that Star Wars has jumped the shark.

[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,263 battles
1 hour ago, Xwing_Red1 said:

You know, disney could learn 2-3 things from Obsidian about making choreographies for Star Wars 

Nice. Better in it's own way than the movie trailer.

Gunslinger reminds me of Cad Bane.

Seriously awesome gunslinging, backed up by that Clone Trooper with the mini-gun blaster.

[FDK]
Members
1,078 posts
6,161 battles
9 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Nice. Better in it's own way than the movie trailer.

Gunslinger reminds me of Cad Bane.

Seriously awesome gunslinging, backed up by that Clone Trooper with the mini-gun blaster.

Enjoy the "Final Cut"  :Smile_honoring:

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles
3 hours ago, Turbotush said:

I don't know, I guess I'm old and miss the first ones and how simple they were.  It just seems that Star Wars has jumped the shark.

Frankly, I wish that they'd expand a little bit in their repertoire of plot devices and stop doing Death Stars. I preferred Episode 5 out of all of the original movies because there wasn't a Death Star in it, although the latest one, Rogue One, gets points for using the Death Star as a plot device well.

It just feels like someone thought, "So, what kind of plot can we do for a new Star Wars movie? Oh, I know, another Death Star!"

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles
3 hours ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

It just feels like someone thought, "So, what kind of plot can we do for a new Star Wars movie? Oh, I know, another Death Star!"

The Death Star was the chosen one this whole time. 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
11 hours ago, Doomlock said:

From what I heard, there is a lot of spoilers to the film from the trailer. 

Personally, I'm gonna avoid them and wait to see it.

You never know though, that's one thing JJ Abrams is good at I have heard is keeping people guessing and in the dark about what the film actually contains and barely gives any real info away and have heard he will even lie about what's in a movie to keep it secret and will only give straight answers after films are released.

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
7 hours ago, Wowzery said:

So far, the new star wars movies just haven't captured the magic to me.

They are not bad either, I was ready to go full warpath as a major fan of Star Wars Rxpanded Universe so Force Awakens had to blow me away more than usual or else I would not be happy with it because of what they are trying to replace.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,726 posts
4,737 battles

Whenever the plushy stuffed toy versions of that Penguin... Cat...  Thing...  On the Falcon with Chewie comes out, they're going to be the popular toys for this Christmas, selling for $500 on E-Bay probably. 

[WOLF3]
Members
377 posts
3,997 battles

I am hoping this whole Weinstein thing (what a shock! *rolls eyes*) manages to bankrupt Disney to the point where they have to sell or spinoff Lucasfilm so someone with actual talent can be involved.

Then again, they would sell to some movie company from China anyway.

Members
4,172 posts

I think one major problem I have had with the new movie, and in the tailor is Rey, either though the writing or acting by Daisy Ridley, just never grabbed me.  It really was that way with most characters.  In fact, the only character I really cared about at all was Finn.

I was talking with friends last night and got to the new star wars movie, and none of us could really recall anything from The Force Awakens.  No quotes, not much anything except this scene:

Even the bad guy never felt intimidating or bad.  He was very, meh.  I didn't care about him.

[FDK]
Members
1,078 posts
6,161 battles
5 minutes ago, Rebel_Mike2094 said:

I can't say I'm excited for this.

If only.....

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,558 posts

I think I might actually like these little merchandise cash-grabs

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,726 posts
4,737 battles
22 hours ago, Wowzery said:

I think one major problem I have had with the new movie, and in the tailor is Rey, either though the writing or acting by Daisy Ridley, just never grabbed me.  It really was that way with most characters.  In fact, the only character I really cared about at all was Finn.

I was talking with friends last night and got to the new star wars movie, and none of us could really recall anything from The Force Awakens.  No quotes, not much anything except this scene:

Even the bad guy never felt intimidating or bad.  He was very, meh.  I didn't care about him.

TRAITOR!  How could you possibly forget?

Members
2,614 posts
3,569 battles
On 10/10/2017 at 11:06 PM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

You never know though, that's one thing JJ Abrams is good at I have heard is keeping people guessing and in the dark about what the film actually contains and barely gives any real info away and have heard he will even lie about what's in a movie to keep it secret and will only give straight answers after films are released.

His trailers are very good at deception. You can never know whether they are completely accurate to the actual moving, something that appears in the trailer may or may not be how it happens in the film. The wonders of selective cuts.... Also, some of the scenes chosen for trailers may not even make it into the final cut of the film. As they are putting out trailers before the final cut is even finished.

On 10/10/2017 at 11:08 PM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

They are not bad either, I was ready to go full warpath as a major fan of Star Wars Rxpanded Universe so Force Awakens had to blow me away more than usual or else I would not be happy with it because of what they are trying to replace.

TFA was a very safe play. They had to play a balancing act with it. Include enough of the old canon to get the new fan base interested in the rest of the properties, keep the old fan base satiated, but still move the story forward at the same time. Personally though, Rogue one is a favorite. I think the telling of the story behind how Leia came into possession of the Death Star prints was great. And, it blew me away with how dark it was for a Disney film. Nothing else that I have ever watched with the Disney name on it comes close. The good guy is always alive to celebrate at the end of their branded films.

On 10/11/2017 at 11:50 AM, Wowzery said:

My opinion... Probably get a lot of hate for this too... Rogue one was probably one of the more quote-able properties. The scene where we first meet Chirrut was one of my personal favorite moments out of the whole franchise. TFA was a safe play, nothing more, nothing less. Just enough to get the interest of new fans, and enough nostalgia to keep the interest of old fans without pissing anyone off. It wasn't a bad movie. But it had a lot more potential.

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
2 hours ago, twitch133 said:

His trailers are very good at deception. You can never know whether they are completely accurate to the actual moving, something that appears in the trailer may or may not be how it happens in the film. The wonders of selective cuts.... Also, some of the scenes chosen for trailers may not even make it into the final cut of the film. As they are putting out trailers before the final cut is even finished.

TFA was a very safe play. They had to play a balancing act with it. Include enough of the old canon to get the new fan base interested in the rest of the properties, keep the old fan base satiated, but still move the story forward at the same time. Personally though, Rogue one is a favorite. I think the telling of the story behind how Leia came into possession of the Death Star prints was great. And, it blew me away with how dark it was for a Disney film. Nothing else that I have ever watched with the Disney name on it comes close. The good guy is always alive to celebrate at the end of their branded films.

My opinion... Probably get a lot of hate for this too... Rogue one was probably one of the more quote-able properties. The scene where we first meet Chirrut was one of my personal favorite moments out of the whole franchise. TFA was a safe play, nothing more, nothing less. Just enough to get the interest of new fans, and enough nostalgia to keep the interest of old fans without pissing anyone off. It wasn't a bad movie. But it had a lot more potential.

Disney is capable of putting out stories where the heroes don't all get to survive, Pirates of the Carribean movies, some Marvel Movies, Tron Legacy. These are films right off the top of my head that not all the heroes get to survive.

And yeah they did good job telling the story of getting the Death Star plans in Rogue One.

I am also liking how they are tying in juicy bits of EU into the new films such as Klyo Ren using an unstable lightsaber crystal  which is the reason that his lightsaber pulses the way it does ( when I noticed the pontential unstable Lightsaber blade in TFA trailer I got very hopeful lol). So they are at least trying to play it smart with them since they are having to appease many of the Star Wars EU fans.

Which keeping EU fans in mind is not a bad thing all since that will also keep Lucas Film from going too Disney and Disney will be more reluctant to interfere since when have they ever had movies that blows away Box offices to such an extent? Lol we know Disney does not mind having Star Wars grade profits rolling in.

And may have also been the reason that Rogue One was allowed to be Dark since in the EU books getting Death Star plans was rather suicidal mission as well.