You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Muskrat1

Can't handle BB dps output

87 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts
217 battles

1 single mistake or 1 single extremely lucky shot and a BB can 1-shot you or do 75%+ damage to you and to me that is unfair.  It just seems that they do more DS's then ANY other ship and NO ship save another BB can do it to them (and it is not even on a regular basis).  

So BB's have the highest DPS output, highest HP pool, best armor, and some are near as fast as any Cruiser, and some turn really well.   I just do not see any weakness for BB's unlike the rest of the ships in this game. 

• Cool 3

[SEP]
Members
3,723 posts
14,979 battles
2 minutes ago, Muskrat1 said:

I just do not see any weakness for BB's unlike the rest of the ships in this game. 

Then the problem is within you, BBs have weaknesses.

• Cool 1

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
563 posts
5,210 battles

I'm sorry Muskrat, but that is not even close to true. It is true that they have the highest potential damage per shot. But when you say no other ship can do more Damage per second is not even close.  Most BBs have around a 30sec reload give or take based on the ship. If played correctly, a cruiser or a destroyer can embarrass a BB.

• Cool 4

[SUCIT]
Members
824 posts
3,617 battles

You obviously haven't played BBs much.  They have many weaknesses, and if you're being 1 shot by a BB, you ****ed up somewhere along the way.  

Is it possible to be one shot?  Yes, if you decide sailing broadside to a battleship within range is a good idea.  Is it likely?  Not really, unless you decide sailing broadside to a battleship is a good idea.

TLDR; stop AFK sailing and learn WASD hacks and you'll be fine.  

• Cool 3

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

They have the highest damage per salvo potential. And also, usually, very long reload times that offset that when looking at DPS ( Damage / Time )

Members
12 posts
217 battles
1 minute ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

You obviously haven't played BBs much.  They have many weaknesses, and if you're being 1 shot by a BB, you ****ed up somewhere along the way.  

Is it possible to be one shot?  Yes, if you decide sailing broadside to a battleship within range is a good idea.  Is it likely?  Not really, unless you decide sailing broadside to a battleship is a good idea.

TLDR; stop AFK sailing and learn WASD hacks and you'll be fine.  

Stop calling it a hack it is not a hack moron

Members
1,683 posts
7,756 battles

BBs are in better shape than cruisers, but that’s because most cruisers are bad, and have no real role. 

A BB's weaknesses are vision, an inability to get out of a fight once they commit, and they are required to commit early if they want to influence a fight. You’ll see a lot of BBs who survive by staying at max range and sniping, but they actually aren’t doing much but farming damage back there; the ones who really influence caps and win games tend to be up front where they get focused. This is not to say that they are bad ships, but their weakness is that if they aren’t taking hits, they are really not helping their team. 

In in terms of individual influence on wins and losses, DDs seem to be king. Nothing carries a team to victory like laying down smoke to provide a fighting position out of torpedo range of a cap, then moving ahead to spot, screen for torps, and take the cap. You can put the team right where they need to be with your smoke placement, then torp the enemy DD out of his smoke (because potatoes sit in their own smoke all the time). 

• Cool 1

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
563 posts
5,210 battles
Just now, Muskrat1 said:

He says that because most people don't want to use them when sailing broadside to a bb, or at all, they prefer to sail broadside instead of dodging or angling and they just give enemy ships easy damage.

[SEP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles
11 minutes ago, Muskrat1 said:

1 single mistake or 1 single extremely lucky shot and a BB can 1-shot you or do 75%+ damage to you and to me that is unfair.  It just seems that they do more DS's then ANY other ship and NO ship save another BB can do it to them (and it is not even on a regular basis).  

So BB's have the highest DPS output, highest HP pool, best armor, and some are near as fast as any Cruiser, and some turn really well.   I just do not see any weakness for BB's unlike the rest of the ships in this game. 

Keep on sailing broadsided to them lol.

[SUCIT]
Members
824 posts
3,617 battles
2 minutes ago, Muskrat1 said:

New around here?  

It's called a hack because its something only good players do.  It's a meme, relax.

1 minute ago, Panic512 said:

He says that because most people don't want to use them when sailing broadside to a bb, or at all, they prefer to sail broadside instead of dodging or angling and they just give enemy ships easy damage.

And read ^

• Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
2,528 posts
4,182 battles

You're frustrated, which is understandable. WoWs is often frustrating. However, you're pretty far off-base with your assessment of battleships. Check out some strategy threads or videos, change up your play style, or maybe spend some time in a BB to see what works against you. Battleships are bare-knuckle brawlers; if you try to fight a battleship on its own terms then you're going to struggle. Fire and torpedoes can sort out a lot of your BB problems. 

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
563 posts
5,210 battles

Muskrat, if you wanna change this, here's some advice. When your in game, try to actively assess who can shoot at you and who your broadside to. Time you turns to reduce the amount of time your broadside and actively angle your ship to reduce the chance that your will get citadeled by a bb. Doing all that my friend will reduce the amount of damage that BBs do to you.

P.S. At long range BB shells are pretty easy to dodge.....

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,132 battles

If you have a BB with a decent DPS, I want it. BBs have the lowest damage rate. Yes, we have massive salvo potential. But we have to wait 30sec for a reload. We have the worst dispersion in the game, so even if we aim right, RNG still trolls us. When we do hit, it's awesome and memorable. But it doesn't happen that often. We have heal and hit points and armor because we are meant to be shot at, so you cruisers aren't. Terrible steering mean we're prime targets for BBs, slower speed means we can't run away, bad concealment means it's hard to hide. So when the braindead cruisers sail broadside on, we are going to paddle them. Make a mistake in a cruiser in front of a BB, and you will pay for it. But just as often, the cruiser is weaving in and out, popping in and out of sight, spamming us with non-stop HE about which we really can't do anything. There are many trade-offs for BBs

Beta Testers
1,304 posts
6,543 battles

While this part is true:

21 minutes ago, Muskrat1 said:

1 single mistake or 1 single extremely lucky shot and a BB can 1-shot you or do 75%+ damage to you

This can be avoided quite easily once you get a better feel for the game.  I'm going to assume you're playing either cruisers or destroyers when this happens?

To put it simply though, if you get deleted by a BB, you're either a) too close, or b) broadside to the BB.   If you're in DDs, the second is actually reverse.
If you're in a cruiser, the BB usually does heavy damage via citadel hits, which only happen when he hits you at the waterline in the center of your ship.  This can be avoided by angling into or away from the BB when you fight them, effectively reducing the size of your weak spot.
However, if you're too close, then the BB can often put a shell into the citadel anyways, since he will be much more accurate.  
A good rule of thumb for cruisers is, when fighting BBs, try to stay less than 1km under your max range.  At lower tiers, BBs start to get really deadly at 10km and under.  Mid tiers, it's 12, high tiers it's 15.  Being under those ranges from a BB is asking for damage, and if you're broadside you WILL get punished for it.

DDs are more complicated.  There's a whole lot of game mechanics behind it, but as long as you are broadside to a BB in a DD, he cannot do anything more than overpen you with AP shells unless he gets reallllllly lucky.  Overpens only do 10% of max citadel damage.  As long as you're at range, this should protect you from getting deleted.  If you're facing to or away from the BB and he hits your angled armor, there is a chance he'll get normal penetrations (33% of max citadel damage), and if you're close, 2-3 of these normal pens CAN and will delete you.
So don't get close to BBs, and if you must, don't point at them when they're loaded.

Or to sum everything up.  Close to BBs is bad.  As a cruiser, under 12km = death, broadside = death.  As a destroyer never enter duels when you can't kill him in less than 1 reload cycle.

[TBOW]
Members
1,252 posts
10,669 battles

The OP has not had the glories of driving the Atago and putting a torp on the Front end of the Bismarck and watching it Detonate, or from a DD perspective put a full load of Torpedoes into a BB to watch it disappear from the ocean.  Or the BBs worst nightmare had a CV come at it with everything to drop it it dead in it's tracks.  Yeah BBs are pretty invincible.  They are like any other ship, focus on them and they melt too.

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
563 posts
5,210 battles
1 minute ago, gcangel82 said:

The OP has not had the glories of driving the Atago and putting a torp on the Front end of the Bismarck and watching it Detonate, or from a DD perspective put a full load of Torpedoes into a BB to watch it disappear from the ocean.  Or the BBs worst nightmare had a CV come at it with everything to drop it it dead in it's tracks.  Yeah BBs are pretty invincible.  They are like any other ship, focus on them and they melt too.

+1 

Members
1,683 posts
7,756 battles
35 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

Unless your in a Sims firing marshmallow warheads at them — then it’s like a wiener dog gnawing them to death. I once had an Amagi sail in a strait line as I put 13 torps in him, then complain about how op it was that I could spend 5 minutes hitting him with torps. 

Edited by inktomi19d

Members
1,683 posts
7,756 battles
34 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

Unless your in a Sims firing marshmallow warheads at them — then it’s like a wiener dog gnawing them to death. I once had an Amagi sail in a strait line as I put 13 torps in him, then complain about how op it was that I could spend 5 minutes hitting him with torps. 

Edited by inktomi19d
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
26 minutes ago, Muskrat1 said:

I do play BB's have a German tier 5 on another account and I 1-shot people all the time it is stupid. 

As a BB main, I find this extremely hard to believe. Wanna know how many times I've legit one shotted an enemy ship from near full health?

Three times. Just THREE TIMES. In my entire WoWS career I have only ever one shotted an enemy player's ship from full health three times.

And WHY was I able to one shot him from near full health?

Take a look at this video and tell me what this cruiser did wrong. Its glaringly obvious...

Spoiler

Also, is the Konig your ONLY BB you've ever played? If so, then you have 0 clue about how BBs are really like... IF you even actually have played them, because "oh, but I've played on my OTHER account!" makes me think you're just trying to save face, and have in fact never played a BB before.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles
47 minutes ago, Muskrat1 said:

All BBs have is high alpha strike. Cruisers tier for tier have Higher DPM.

Members
18,222 posts
5,202 battles
8 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

All BBs have is high alpha strike. Cruisers tier for tier have Higher DPM.

And that's even before taking into account that a CA/CL is likely to actually hit with more shells... 

• Cool 1