Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AhosChaos

Is it worth it to...

Should I convert 1k doubloons into FXP and buy the Nelson  

32 members have voted

  1. 1. Should I convert 1k doubloons into FXP and buy the Nelson

    • Yes
      10
    • No
      16
    • Bacon?
      6

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

54
[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles

buy the Nelson.

 

I just completed 3 of the Yamamato campaign and got 1k doubloons and 50k free xp.  This puts me at 3k doubloons and 358k FXP.  Converting <1k doubloons will give me enough FXP to buy the Nelson, so should I?  Somethings to know are that in the last 2-3 weeks I earned about 8k FXP and I am strictly F2P.  In earning that 8k FXP I used no FXP boosting flags.  Other options would be to save the 3k doubloons in hopes that I eventually earn 2 more SC's with 1k doubloons and buy a tier 10 perma camo.  

 

Is the Nelson worth it, or am I better off going a few more weeks and earning it naturally?

Edited by AhosChaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,949
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,359 battles

No, I wouldn't do that. Keep grinding, doubloons are good to have so hang on to them. If you must convert them to free xp, wait until a conversion sale where you get 35 to 1 doubloon. They come around often enough. You are so close to having the Nelson, just stay with it and keep your doubloons. Gratz btw on completing the Yamato campaign!

BTW I vote no & BACON!

Edited by Taylor3006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
133
[AFW-]
Members
959 posts
6,996 battles

Save more and go for Missouri. It has radar so you can [edited] RN CLs in the [edited]and  [edited] DDs hiding in caps.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,631
[RKLES]
Members
8,299 posts
10,522 battles
25 minutes ago, zuga_01 said:

Save more and go for Missouri. It has radar so you can [edited] RN CLs in the [edited]and  [edited] DDs hiding in caps.

And you can AA Spec it and And take revenge on enemy planes lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
925
[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,493 posts
4,138 battles

I agree with the others. The Nelson's not going to be taken off the tech tree any time soon so just keep saving up. Use some of those FXP flags to speed things up a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NO]
Members
364 posts
14,023 battles

Also u can grind the free exp campaign missions in the yam camp. All should be doable no matter the skill as log as u have ship and just time: 300 planes/40 cits in ca/ 50 defend ribbons in ca and dd/ 25 achievements all over any number of games and tier 8+ ships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,676
[O_O]
Members
4,831 posts
10,592 battles

Nelson seems like it is a good ship...should provide some fun.

Missouri is a great ship...definitely provides credits and some troll-ish fun at T9.

The consensus for Free XP ships is save it until you get Missouri.  Then you can work toward Nelson or use it to upgrade stock ships.

If Nelson is something you are excited about and want to buy her first, I would still recommend continuing the grind and not spending your doubloons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,843
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,184 posts
12,189 battles

You're almost there just grind a bit more for the free xp. Personally I would go for the MO before the Nelson, but that Nelson is a fun boat... zombie heal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
144 posts
9,777 battles

same question. Is the Nelson worth 375k Free exp?

I did have MO and now at 510k free exp. I heard the Musashi is coming (maybe in the end of this year).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,932
[PVE]
Members
12,259 posts
8,463 battles
8 hours ago, AhosChaos said:

buy the Nelson.

 

I just completed 3 of the Yamamato campaign and got 1k doubloons and 50k free xp.  This puts me at 3k doubloons and 358k FXP.  Converting <1k doubloons will give me enough FXP to buy the Nelson, so should I?  Somethings to know are that in the last 2-3 weeks I earned about 8k FXP and I am strictly F2P.  In earning that 8k FXP I used no FXP boosting flags.  Other options would be to save the 3k doubloons in hopes that I eventually earn 2 more SC's with 1k doubloons and buy a tier 10 perma camo.  

 

Is the Nelson worth it, or am I better off going a few more weeks and earning it naturally?

 

I voted no and would never pass up bacon. :)

 

IMO, YMMV, I think that the Tier 10 camo would be a better investment on long term value for T10 play. IIRC, it gives a 50% discount on the service charge (saving 90k silver), +20% credits and +100% XP for your T10. That seems the better value to me if doubloon are limited. 

 

BTW, 1,000 doubloon is $5.54 normally, so if you really want the Nelson or the T10 camo and have spare change to spend on the game, it wouldn't cost that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
3 hours ago, Singleshot said:

same question. Is the Nelson worth 375k Free exp?

I did have MO and now at 510k free exp. I heard the Musashi is coming (maybe in the end of this year).

This, still hoarding my FXP, around 800k I think. Neither of the two offerings tickle my fancy yet. I could use the credits from the MO, but I like to play a variety of ships. Also, not a big fan of the Iowa, too different from the NC and not as powerful as the Monty.

Edited by Kevs02Accord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
610
[STAR]
Members
2,954 posts
8,064 battles

IMO, yes and no.

 

Nelsonis worth, good and fun ship. But you are so close, just get the Free XP playing games and save your doubloons. Use the gold to buy a perma camo or Premium time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×