You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
behindurback

gives us option to opt out of standard battles

34 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
446 posts
3,632 battles

give us option to opt out of standard battles just like in tanks where we can opt out of certain types of battles

standard battles is soooo boring and such a campfest

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,945 battles

Sure, go out there and get double the server population to start playing the game regularily, then we can see about MM options. 

Good luck. 

Members
691 posts
1,115 battles

What? By standard battles to you mean the one with two or more capture points? If that's the case do you only want to play epicenter? You sick masochist.

[SYN]
Members
4,546 posts
11,437 battles

If you're going to talk about opting out of a game mode then it should be epicenter.  Otherwise, no.

Standard is fine.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles

The funny thing about this request is that most Captains, before receiving their certifications to captain a ship, have to be good across the boards, in every type of situation a Captain might encounter.

Can you see any USN skipper saying something like "Oh! I've never sailed in cold waters before; we better go back to Pearl and get Bob!"

The idea is to push yourself out of your comfort zone and expand your capabilities. You know ... like ... growing!

Members
4,822 posts
5,596 battles
1 hour ago, Kuckoo said:

If you're going to talk about opting out of a game mode then it should be epicenter.  Otherwise, no.

Standard is fine.

Nah, Epicenter as a game mode is fine.

However, Epicenter on Tears(Tears of the Desert) is horrible, for all ship types, and really, seriously, needs to go. Permanently. Forever. It's literally worse than Encounter on Ocean. (remember that game mode? the one with the one big cap circle in the center of the map? yeah, getting that test game mode on ocean wasn't as bad as TotD Epicenter)

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Members
4,822 posts
5,596 battles

Well, that was odd, it put up two posts, but I only hit the button once?

Edited by GhostSwordsman
Stupid forum double posting stuff

[SYN]
Members
4,546 posts
11,437 battles
20 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

However, Epicenter on Tears(Tears of the Desert) is horrible, for all ship types, and really, seriously, needs to go. Permanently. Forever. It's literally worse than Encounter on Ocean. (remember that game mode? the one with the one big cap circle in the center of the map? yeah, getting that test game mode on ocean wasn't as bad as TotD Epicenter)

I agree.  Epicenter on Tears of the Desert is what came to mind when I posted.

[SALVO]
Members
17,056 posts
17,716 battles
1 hour ago, GhostSwordsman said:

It was called Zone.  To the best of my recollection, Encounter was never used on Ocean.  Certain other maps, like the old (better) version of Islands of Ice, had Encounter mode.

[SALVO]
Members
17,056 posts
17,716 battles

I greatly prefer Standard Battles to Domination mode.  I don't like being pressured to play my DD's as effing cannon fodder, like people demand in Domination mode.  I want to stalk the enemy fleet, not charge into bleeping caps to engage in no-win brawls with other DDs.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

Which battle modes can you opt out of in World of Tanks?

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,725 posts
7,705 battles

Then make the game more exciting, good players own matches, they drive their team and the enemy team to a successful conclusion. Your example and proper communication with your teammates can when properly applied change the course of a match. Sitting in the back belly aching or suiciding into the enemy does not help you or your team mates.