You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GoldPile

Easy Guide For Mitigating Fire Spam In Battleships

20 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,912 battles

I thought I'd make a thread to make fires more bearable for people. While it wont stop massive or continuous HE damage, you will at least not have most of your HP stripped away by fires. Works great on my FDG, I laugh when people fire spam me.

Things of High Importance:

Icon_FirePrevention_dark.png - Fire Prevention: Practically speaking, you will now only be lit in a maximum of 2 places in a real game. The skill merges the 2 superstructure fires into one. If you do somehow catch on fire in 3 areas (bow, superstructure, stern) either they had horrible aim, great aim, RNGesus blessings, or you had bad luck. The fire reduction chance is useless don't count on it to influence your chances on getting caught on fire. You will still be lit every salvo or 2 from a Conqueror.

Icon_BasicsofSurvivability_dark.png - Basics of Survivability - For all intents & purposes you're taking this for -15% fire reduction, you can let that 1 fire burn all you want while you're taking focused HE spam. Less burn = more HP saved & can save your ship while you're waiting for repairs to finish cool down.

PCEF007_ID_SignalFlag.png - Dreadnought Flags: +20% boost to repairs = more HP healed from fires & other damage sources.

PCEF008_IY_SignalFlag.png - Fireproof Flags: Oh look a -20% reduction to fire burn times how nice.

This is the basic bare bones of a zombie build as some would call it, it's also not super expensive to get you just need 10 points. I should mention that if you should be running these 2 flags on every battleship anyways.

Other Considerations:

Icon_Superintendent_dark.png - Superintendent: I used to rank this skill very high but not anymore, BoS will help you extinguish fires during the heat of battle faster than having to burn through 4 heals before this skill essentially becomes helpful. That is, if you can survive till your 4th heal & use the 5th.

Optional:

Icon_JackofAllTrades_dark.png - Jack of All Trades: -5% cool down on all consumables, self explanatory. I see this more of as an optional supplementary skill than something extremely game changing. Works better with Superintendent.

Icon_HighAlert_dark.png - High Alert: Same with Jack of All Trades, fires will burn out before DCP goes back on cool down anyway.

Side-grade:

Wows_icon_modernization_PCM023_DamageCon - Damage Control Mod 2: It's another BoS but you give up 20% rudder shift time to use this.

Well that should cover it. You will still take the same HE damage as before but you won't be burned as badly. Also don't let it get to your head that "I'm invincible to fires" because you can still loose a lot of HP to fires, just not as much.

• Cool 4

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,479 battles

I love people that run fire prevention. They always let 1 fire burn so I can just focus on another target.

[ADAPT]
Members
830 posts
13,117 battles

Either secondary or concealment. Having fire prevention cannot solve the problem with fire and torp. But with secondary, atlest give them fear to get close and hide in stealth after use repair is more usefull than fire prevention. From my experience of play. Dont know about other

Members
904 posts
4,267 battles
13 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I love people that run fire prevention. They always let 1 fire burn so I can just focus on another target.

As if you repair a single fire in a BB regardless of that skill.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,479 battles
Just now, Vaitmana said:

You would be amazed how many players at t10 still burn damage control on 1 fire

[INTEL]
Members
8,604 posts
25,782 battles
1 minute ago, Vaitmana said:

People often do. Very frustrating when my next salvo arrives and I get 5 hits and no fire.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,837 posts
9,956 battles

Capt skill Survivable Expert with 350 HP per tier up to the current ship tier ........ DONT FORGET the HP build

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,727 posts
9,120 battles
1 hour ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

1 hour ago, Vaitmana said:

1 hour ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

You would be amazed how many players at t10 still burn damage control on 1 fire

I will when I am under 30% or so.

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
9,007 battles
26 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

Capt skill Survivable Expert with 350 HP per tier up to the current ship tier ........ DONT FORGET the HP build

Are you joking? That skill is useless on anything but a DD.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,837 posts
9,956 battles
1 minute ago, Pulicat said:

Are you joking? That skill is useless on anything but a DD

yes with a passion .... tier10, that is like 3500 HP add on top. More HP to drag it out, survive longer

[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts
1 hour ago, GoldPile said:

I thought I'd make a thread to make fires more bearable for people. While it wont stop massive or continuous HE damage, you will at least not have most of your HP stripped away by fires. Works great on my FDG, I laugh when people fire spam me.

Icon_FirePrevention_dark.png - Fire Prevention: Practically speaking, you will now only be lit in a maximum of 2 places in a real game. The skill merges the 2 superstructure fires into one. If you do somehow catch on fire in 3 areas (bow, superstructure, stern) either they had horrible aim, great aim, RNGesus blessings, or you had bad luck. The fire reduction chance is useless don't count on it to influence your chances on getting caught on fire. You will still be lit every salvo or 2 from a Conqueror.

Icon_BasicsofSurvivability_dark.png - Basics of Survivability - For all intents & purposes you're taking this for -15% fire reduction, you can let that 1 fire burn all you want while you're taking focused HE spam. Less burn = more HP saved & can save your ship while you're waiting for repairs to finish cool down.

PCEF007_ID_SignalFlag.png - Dreadnought Flags: +20% boost to repairs = more HP healed from fires & other damage sources.

PCEF008_IY_SignalFlag.png - Fireproof Flags: Oh look a -20% reduction to fire burn times how nice.

This is the basic bare bones of a zombie build as some would call it, it's also not super expensive to get you just need 10 points. I should mention that if you should be running these 2 flags on every battleship anyways.

Other Considerations:

Icon_Superintendent_dark.png - Superintendent: I used to rank this skill very high but not anymore, BoS will help you extinguish fires during the heat of battle faster than having to burn through 4 heals before this skill essentially becomes helpful. That is, if you can survive till your 4th heal & use the 5th.

Optional:

Icon_JackofAllTrades_dark.png - Jack of All Trades: -5% cool down on all consumables, self explanatory. I see this more of as an optional supplementary skill than something extremely game changing. Works better with Superintendent.

Icon_HighAlert_dark.png - High Alert: Same with Jack of All Trades, fires will burn out before DCP goes back on cool down anyway.

Side-grade:

Wows_icon_modernization_PCM023_DamageCon - Damage Control Mod 2: It's another BoS but you give up 20% rudder shift time to use this.

Well that should cover it. You will still take the same HE damage as before but you won't be burned as badly. Also don't let it get to your head that "I'm invincible to fires" because you can still loose a lot of HP to fires, just not as much.

I don't think BOS helps at all. Fire damage scales with your HP

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
9,007 battles
2 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

yes with a passion .... tier10, that is like 3500 HP add on top. More HP to drag it out, survive longer

A number which is insignificant on anything but a DD. 

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,837 posts
9,956 battles
4 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

A number which is insignificant on anything but a DD

for a prolong battle, at high tier, 3500HP is nothing - hence with sarcastic tone. But the topic is more about fire prevention, 3500HP Will help out the HP burning away. However, if the bb while burning, but under focus fire or RNGod hit, citadel hits or 1 full salvo into the "right place", 3500HP is not going to help. I can deal 10500 dam per hit into bb per salvo fired

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,240 posts
14,670 battles

You forgot the most common application, OP:  Whine about fire on the forums.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,207 posts
4,343 battles
2 hours ago, GoldPile said:

Other Considerations:

Optional:

Side-grade:

Want to mitigate fire damage?  Get WG to move fire prevention back up to level two where it belongs.  

[HINON]
Supertester
19,289 posts
12,830 battles
4 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

3500HP Will help out the HP burning away.

Not really, since the fire damage per tick is a percentage of your total HP. A 15k DD burns away in just as much time as a 105k BB. 3500 extra health will just mean you burn a bit more hitpoints away per fire tick.

Or so the theory goes. This should be scienced.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,837 posts
9,956 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Not really, since the fire damage per tick is a percentage of your total HP. A 15k DD burns away in just as much time as a 105k BB. 3500 extra health will just mean you burn a bit more hitpoints away per fire tick

So there concluded; the Survivable Expert skill is useless for bb players.

Members
691 posts
1,115 battles

Nope. I ain't touching any of that. I need to make room for upgrades and skills that allow me to dish out more damage. If I die I die, but I'm taking the flame throwing bastards with me. Besides I love getting hurt it allows AR to do something. Bismarck loves pain, pain make Bismarck happy.

Edited by Freddie_Creamer

[SIDE]
Members
734 posts
3,298 battles

You monster! You need to be silenced before players actually listen to you... Then my colonizing days will be over... 

on a serious note, this guy is spot on with his post. With a heavy fire meta, you guys should be changing your captain skills & modules for it. With flags, captain skills, and proper modules, you are running 50% less fire burning time, 15% less fire chance on your ship, as well as the biggest helpful thing is merging the two center possible fire points to a single.