Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kousatsu

> Plays T6 for "fun"

101 comments in this topic

[O7]
Beta Testers, Supertester
6,399 posts
7,375 battles

> Gets T8 twice in a row

> Graf Spee

> North Cal deletes

> Farragut
> Smacked by Bismarck

Wow you sure got some fun MM here WG, how many more years of testing until you come to your senses and do something about this? -1/+1 this decade?

• Cool 10

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,449 posts
3,875 battles

You know it's bad when even the unicums are getting tired of the matchmaking range.

• Cool 8

Members
4,574 posts
6,518 battles

MM always has, currently is, and always will be a source of anger in these here free to play vid games.  Moreover why OP are you upset with a nice win rate like yours?  Stat slave?

[RLGN]
Members
8,288 posts
17,354 battles

Too agressive?

Unless it was a 15-20k Dev Strike, a GS should never have been close enough the NC wanted to shoot at it. Same thing with the Farragut; unless it was going for a point-blank torpedoe ambush from terrain; it never should have been close enough to a Bismark to get spotted, if for no other reason because of the secondaries. (Unless radar, hydro, or pesky aircraft.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[O7]
6,399 posts
7,375 battles
31 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

You know it's bad when even the unicums are getting tired of the matchmaking range.

Why should I even play T5 or 6 when it's not even fun, WEEGEE doesn't even realize this.

Players do NOT play to get F'd over again and again.

11 minutes ago, dmckay said:

MM always has, currently is, and always will be a source of anger in these here free to play vid games.  Moreover why OP are you upset with a nice win rate like yours?  Stat slave?

I went solo?

Edited by Zakuul

[FML]
Members
1,772 posts
10,159 battles

I actually like being uptiered to Tier 8 in my Leander; way more XP for nailing North Carolinas!

though, yes, often being uptiered can sap the fun out of the game, particularly for new players. 

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,749 battles
8 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Too agressive?

Unless it was a 15-20k Dev Strike, a GS should never have been close enough the NC wanted to shoot at it. Same thing with the Farragut; unless it was going for a point-blank torpedoe ambush from terrain; it never should have been close enough to a Bismark to get spotted, if for no other reason because of the secondaries. (Unless radar, hydro, or pesky aircraft.)

haha. Right. NC can range out to 27 kms with the right mod choices. I run that in Monty and can put shells on ships all the way out to that range. Graf Spee has no choice but to come under the NC's guns. 

The stupidly fxxked MM for T5 and 6 is why all those ships are port queens in my port. Not fun to be constantly killed by ships two tiers up. Basically, WG has constrained meaningful MM choice to T4 or T9-10. Totally wrong, and frankly, it is hugely unethical to sell all those premiums in those tiers and then announce that those tiers are screwed by the MM revision. 

Edited by Taichunger

Members
4,834 posts
5,599 battles

I still think the solution to most of this issue is simply revoking the preferential MM on T4s, allowing them to match with T6 again. This way, T6 goes back to +/-2 instead of the current +2/-1.

T5 still gets a bit shafted, but should hopefully see more middle tier games since T4s would now be getting pulled up to fill slots in T6 games.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles
41 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

I was thinking nearly the exact same thing.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,288 posts
17,354 battles
5 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

haha. Right. NC can range out to 27 kms with the right mod choices. I run that in Monty and can put shells on ships all the way out to that range.

Sorry; been so long since I cared to play NC I couldn't remember the ranges. (As much as I wanted NC, I can't stand the thing because it's constantly getting screwed over because of T10 games. Prefer to use Missouri.)

Doesn't change what I said though; GS was too close for it's own good, most likely.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
4,574 posts
6,518 battles
12 minutes ago, Zakuul said:

Why should I even play T5 or 6 when it's not even fun, WEEGEE doesn't even realize this.

Players do NOT play to get F'd over again and again.

I went solo?

What do you mean?  U played alone?  

[O7]
6,399 posts
7,375 battles
14 minutes ago, dmckay said:

What do you mean?  U played alone?  

When I get screwed over in a game, I will sometimes go play a "fun" solo game.

Well I get bottom tiered so it's even more fun.

#WEEGEE

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,749 battles
23 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Sorry; been so long since I cared to play NC I couldn't remember the ranges. (As much as I wanted NC, I can't stand the thing because it's constantly getting screwed over because of T10 games. Prefer to use Missouri.)

Yep, it's why I sold my NC, didn't like the tanky style of play, and got tired of grappling with GKs and Yammys all the time. At T8 I keep Amagi and Tirpitz, but I really only play Kutuzov in Randoms since it uptiers well. I haven't played Atago in a Random match since WG destroyed the MM and took so much fun from the game. I don't play any T8 DDs except Kiev, it's not fun and engaging to play high tier DDs, especially when you are facing DDs two tiers above you. 

MM desperately needs fixed -- they've improved it tremendously, but still needs more work. Every time I load into Domination matches in which one side has only one DD while the other has two, or one side has three radar ships while the other has none, I say to myself "Do the devs even play this game?" 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

It ain't gonna happen. I've had some great games when I've been bottom tier.

The only reason it feels like it's "every game" is because of the protected MM of T4.

Honestly they should just let it go back to every tier having the original +/- 2 save T1.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I would enjoy WoWs more with +/-1.

Edited by Elegant_Winter
  • Cool 3

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,310 battles
1 hour ago, Zakuul said:

Wow you sure got some fun MM here WG, how many more years of testing until you come to your senses and do something about this?

Yeah, there is nothing like the feeling you get while running all over the map in your tier 5 Fujin with it's AA rating of 2 while you are continuously spotted by tier 9 planes off of a Saipan.

Members
4,574 posts
6,518 battles
27 minutes ago, Zakuul said:

When I get screwed over in a game, I will sometimes go play a "fun" solo game.

Well I get bottom tiered so it's even more fun.

#WEEGEE

I see.  You feel "screwed".  Well poor you. :Smile_popcorn:I only play solo. I feel screwed a lot but shooting puter ships taint my life work ya know. heh

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,449 posts
3,875 battles

I think WG's idea is that playing tiers 5 and 6 is fun.

For the tier 7 and 8 players.

• Cool 2

[O7]
6,399 posts
7,375 battles
2 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I see.  You feel "screwed".  Well poor you. :Smile_popcorn:I only play solo. I feel screwed a lot but shooting puter ships taint my life work ya know. heh

You obviously don't know what you're talking about, go back to trolling on roblox forums.

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,449 posts
3,875 battles
3 minutes ago, Zakuul said:

You obviously don't know what you're talking about, go back to trolling on roblox forums.

Ouch. Not even Minecraft, but simplified kiddy Minecraft.

[O7]
6,399 posts
7,375 battles
1 minute ago, AraAragami said:

Ouch. Not even Minecraft, but simplified kiddy Minecraft.

:cap_haloween:

[SALVO]
Members
17,115 posts
17,794 battles
38 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Yep, it's why I sold my NC, didn't like the tanky style of play, and got tired of grappling with GKs and Yammys all the time. At T8 I keep Amagi and Tirpitz, but I really only play Kutuzov in Randoms since it uptiers well. I haven't played Atago in a Random match since WG destroyed the MM and took so much fun from the game. I don't play any T8 DDs except Kiev, it's not fun and engaging to play high tier DDs, especially when you are facing DDs two tiers above you. 

MM desperately needs fixed -- they've improved it tremendously, but still needs more work. Every time I load into Domination matches in which one side has only one DD while the other has two, or one side has three radar ships while the other has none, I say to myself "Do the devs even play this game?" 

No, this game desperately needs its players to stop whining and put their man pants on, or turn on their man cards.  The number of wusses here is pathetic.

As for the last sentence, I do agree that in domination mode, having a mismatch in the numbers of DDs can give the side with the numerical advantage a devastating advantage.  Ditto for radar ships, though in their case, it doesn't matter what the mode is.

• Cool 1

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,193 battles
2 hours ago, Zakuul said:

> Gets T8 twice in a row

> Graf Spee

> North Cal deletes

> Farragut
> Smacked by Bismarck

Wow you sure got some fun MM here WG, how many more years of testing until you come to your senses and do something about this? -1/+1 this decade?

Graf Spee is absolutely OP in tier 6. I mean... if some scrab like me can get 66% win rate in it, then you know... it's by definition OP as ffff. 

Same tier MM will make many current "average" ships brutally effective all the time. You'll get different sorts of complains by then.

Edited by NeutralState
aww man someone bumped my spee off the top players list

[O7]
6,399 posts
7,375 battles
36 minutes ago, Crucis said:

No, this game desperately needs its players to stop whining and put their man pants on, or turn on their man cards.  The number of wusses here is pathetic.

As for the last sentence, I do agree that in domination mode, having a mismatch in the numbers of DDs can give the side with the numerical advantage a devastating advantage.  Ditto for radar ships, though in their case, it doesn't matter what the mode is.

You love pulling the man-pants card, you sure you're not one of those mall-cops that intimidate people for no reason? Seems like you fit the bill.

28 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Graf Spee is absolutely OP in tier 6. I mean... if some scrab like me can get 66% win rate in it, then you know... it's by definition OP as ffff. 

Same tier MM will make many current "average" ships brutally effective all the time. You'll get different sorts of complains by then.

And yet it can't do anything in T8.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,115 posts
17,794 battles
19 minutes ago, Zakuul said:

You love pulling the man-pants card, you sure you're not one of those mall-cops that intimidate people for no reason? Seems like you fit the bill.

No, I just don't like self-entitled whiners who refuse to suck it up and face a challenge.

Sign in to follow this